Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 5, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Ivan Cleary took over a basket case and has turned them around they are not world beaters but turn up every week and have a dig. We on the over hand only have a dig when we feel like it and it's time Barrett had the blowtorch turned up is he really a first grade coach? or just a pretty boy.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
We probably need to get flogged a few times for Barrett to put a half in the team that can organise and kick and for Uate to finally be dropped.

With any luck he'll start by putting Hastings at #6 after half time.

Matt Wright is too flow to play FG, Uate has hands like feet and Jono Wright (although error free today) is an ordinary reserve grader. The recruitment at Manly is not up to scratch. When injuries strike, throw some athletic kids in with something to offer, instead of taking the safe approach of picking no frills reserve graders. I'd rather die trying, than fail without so much as a shot fired.

Don't we have to use players from our top 30 first?

Otherwise we should be using Anderson, Fainu, et al.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Starting to look like vs Canberra in Albury in 2015.

He should be in the team every week.

Just as well for those try saves on the left side.

An alternate translation of Winterstein is ‘what is the point?’
Jono Wright is the type of player that opposition fans laugh at...it's embarrassing to have him out there. He is slower than most of our forwards.

He caught the ball over the line and made a try saver because Don ran into his own player. He hasn't come in to help the forwards and he is not even effective at reserve grade level so how could he offer anything week in week out at FG level?

Kevinward777

First Grader
Big second half boys... apart from 40/20 opportunities, I’m hoping the strong wind at their backs is actually a disadvantage. BUT we need to lift our intensity, stop them in the middle and we take away their huge advantage on the edges. Come on Baz, come on Chez, come on Manly.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Structure, or the lack thereof is killing us.

Our attacking plays go no where.

Dce is missing Turbo hovering around him.

Fingers crossed we can salvage the second half... into the wind.

winnyason

Bencher
Ivan Cleary took over a basket case and has turned them around they are not world beaters but turn up every week and have a dig. We on the over hand only have a dig when we feel like it and it's time Barrett had the blowtorch turned up is he really a first grade coach? or just a pretty boy.
Yeap all talent in the world but when we feel like it

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Let's see our character in this 40. Raiders showed plenty this week, hopefully we have some.

If not long season ahead.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I expected us to lose. Tom is too important. Set up every try last week. DCE creating a few chances but with Marty on one leg and no off loads we have nothing.
Yeah I said it before the game, Tom is the focus of all our attack this year. The really disappointing thing is our defence, we have a lot of work to do thats for sure.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
In games like this DCE starts to try and play at 110% (which of course is impossible). We need him at 90% with the rest adding 15% to their game (Jake excluded).

eagleron

Bencher
Our forwards are getting rolled. And our attack looks like 2016, literally no creativity in the attacking 20.
I mentioned to my son that inside their red zone we look like the Manly of 2016 when Walker was our 6, we seem bereft of ideas, I don't think Croker is the answer.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Surely young Wright is worth a go, Uate is useless, can't defend and he's doing nothing with the ball in hand, standing and watching as they run away to score instead of at least having a go at chasing them down, get rid of him Baz!!
Young Wright? He is old journeyman

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Structure, or the lack thereof is killing us.

Our attacking plays go no where.

Dce is missing Turbo hovering around him.

Fingers crossed we can salvage the second half... into the wind.
Turbo is worth 16 points a game to us at the moment

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14