Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all rather odd isn't it? I'd be fearing for his mental health except that both the captain and the coach have said virtually the same thing ... we support you but it's up to you to get your bloody finger out!

I can't recall coming across something like this.
He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. Coasts by on talent.

He should be the best 5/8 in the game but he's overweight and jogs around in matches.

If he doesn't pull his head out of his butt he won't be worth having in the squad. The next few weeks will make or break his career, at Manly at least.

This game will be won on our defense. If we have the defensive starch we had against the Storm/Rabbitohs etc, we'll do more than enough to beat the Titans. Their defense has been consistently frail this season, so even without Schuster and Turbo we should be able to find some weaknesses there.

We don't want to get into a try for try situation with them.

Start strong and post a few tries early and they'll question themselves after their game last week.

He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. Coasts by on talent.

He should be the best 5/8 in the game but he's overweight and jogs around in matches.

If he doesn't pull his head out of his butt he won't be worth having in the squad. The next few weeks will make or break his career, at Manly at least.
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given how hard he trained in the pre season to get fit. These injuries could have gotten him a bit down in the dumps (but I'm no shrink) and that could have impacted on him. He was certainly struggling to get around the field last game but hopefully he can get thru this period and come back the player we need.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given how hard he trained in the pre season to get fit. These injuries could have gotten him a bit down in the dumps (but I'm no shrink) and that could have impacted on him. He was certainly struggling to get around the field last game but hopefully he can get thru this period and come back the player we need.
My gut feeling is that it's a bit from column A and a bit from column B...

It actually seems as if we have made some sensible decisions around resting players

I wonder if the positive start to the season has given Seibs a bit more flexibility in his selections (as we are not chasing points so hard)

Titans have choked the past two weeks after dominating the first half. Cant see that happening again 3 weeks in a row.

Theyll play an expansive game we cant defend against. Foz will be out to say a big Eff you. No Turbo to organize the defence. Hes not all about attack.

Titans by 20+

This game will be won on our defense. If we have the defensive starch we had against the Storm/Rabbitohs etc, we'll do more than enough to beat the Titans. Their defense has been consistently frail this season, so even without Schuster and Turbo we should be able to find some weaknesses there.

We don't want to get into a try for try situation with them.

Start strong and post a few tries early and they'll question themselves after their game last week.
Just depends which side of our bi-polar team turns up , the Storm version or the Tigers version.

We’ll know after about 2 sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14