Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
10 4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Scott Penn where are you now you muppet? Sell the club to smeone that knows what they are doing, and take your ego with you... Fkn cancer of this club
I wouldn't use the word cancer like that but I do.agree Penn has to go I can't stand the bloke and has destroyed this club for many years to come.

But my overall feeling is that this team just does not care enough to be a contender. The players have the attention span of a fly, and simply do not play as a team.

No passion for the jersey.
I believe this is a large part of the problem. I do not rate our recruitment. They buy players based on raw talent and care very little about character. We lack genuine competitors and need a serious senior playing group full of uncompromising hard heads. The reason we can only get up so often is not an anomaly, it's the calibre of player we have...they are not of the mentality to fight week in, week out. It's no accident that this keeps happening.

There is a lot of passion and high expectations on this forum as that is expected from proud Manly supporters that have been used to successful premiership winning performances

The Season is not over as yet but Passionate fans are over seeing repeated underwhelming Manly performances like tonight

Tonight we underperformed celebrating our 700th game on our spiritual home and there was nothing spiritual about our performance where we trailed in the whole game .

Last edited:
Personally, I didn't see too many quick play-the-balls for the halves to create from. Possession evened up a little in the second half and brought us back statistically, but I thought the pack was ineffective, with the exception of Paseka. I just don't see enough leg speed in the middle to challenge average sides, let alone the top teams.
Completely agree. I noticed and commented throughout the game day thread how their forwards were winning the yardage battle easily. Most of their sets passed our halfway and had attacking kicks on the end of them. We were getting gang-tackled and smashed through our one off close to the ruck carries. Paseka was the exception in the second half.

8 points behind and the $1.3mil myth decides to kick a goal. This team will be fu*ked forever while this myth is there. Add in the $800K sook and the $1.1mil porcelain man and we are totally fuked.
8 points was then 6. We had the chance to kick on but had nothing. Most sides would have taken the 2. Not sure its fair calling out DCE for that one.

I believe this is a large part of the problem. I do not rate our recruitment. They buy players based on raw talent and care very little about character. We lack genuine competitors and need a serious senior playing group full of uncompromising hard heads. The reason we can only get up so often is not an anomaly, it's the calibre of player we have...they are not of the mentality to fight week in, week out. It's no accident that this keeps happening.
And driven home when you look at the Phins and their efforts/performances thus far.

I agree. I feel our forwards have laid a good enough platform and held the ruck. Even Crocker has been ok with the ball.

But not having our strike full back, 5/8 and centre is hurting us. We don't have adequate replacements. Plus the injuries are causing reshuffles of positions every week.

Parker has been just as useless as Harper this year, we really have issues with our centres and replacement options
Not sure why we didn’t swap Croker with John’s during the game
That first (and I think only) kick from Croker was good
John’s was extremely quiet but that could have been a coach instruction

There is a lot of passion and high expectations on this forum as that is expected from proud Manly supporters that has been used to successful premiership winning performances

The Season is not over as yet but Passionate fans are over seeing repeated underwhelming Manly performances like tonight

Tonight we underperformed celebrating our 700th game on our spiritual home and there was nothing spiritual about our performance where we trailed in the whole game .
But it’s all good because we didn’t have slow Parker in the centres tonight and replaced him with the speed-kills Garrick… ;)@:D

The slow Parker would have slowed us down even more feathered friend :)
And the fast Garrick in the centres improved us as a team, how?

Nah, to be fair, Bozo, the problems where not as simple as missing Parks or putting Garrick in the centres. We had more issues than that this evening

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4