Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
10 4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards and we stand for nothing Great

No Manly supporter should put up with Mediocre performances like tonight's

Titans were making 20-30 metres extra per set than us for the whole game
You are 100% correct
Now our Coaches need to figure out why and how to correct this otherwise no point turning up to games if you players are not up to the challenge

Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards and we stand for nothing Great

No Manly supporter should put up with Mediocre performances like tonight's
I have read your posts for a while. You are right! You are right on most occassions despite the flak you receive. Slow backs get exposed in the NRL. As do lightweight halves. We need speed. Speed kills!

The point of the matter is those coaches have a proven record of getting players to over achieve and play above their weight .
So??? Those coaches get players to play to their full ability. We buy players who havent got that ability oin them. They dont accept mediocrity and expect 110%. WE dont have that at all and havnet for many years. WE havent bought anyone of note for years and relied on a backyard that isn't achieving. Penn has dragged the club down since 2014 when he took full control. But he does have a new centre of excellence named after him. How good will Mr Penn look at Vegas next year though....FMD this guy has to go. This club will not achieve again under his full control.

Urgh that was dispiriting. Obvious that the Titans were going to come out firing after last week, but we still totally failed to match their energy and determination. Thoroughly beaten tonight, plenty for us to think about but not too many clear answers....

You are 100% correct
Now our Coaches need to figure out why and how to correct this otherwise no point turning up to games if you players are not up to the challenge
It's not hard, you just need a dummy half to know which player to give it to and deliver good service. Our middle forwards have actually been going ok with their running but they are getting swamped because of slow/poor passing from dummy half. Croker is all heart and you have to love him for it BUT he will never be a good hooker as long as he has a hole in his arse

I have read your posts for a while. You are right! You are right on most occassions despite the flak you receive. Slow backs get exposed in the NRL. As do lightweight halves. We need speed. Speed kills!
Getting flack I have no issue with . No big deal . I dont have a big ego for that to worry me

I am a very proud and Passionate Manly supporter though and what I do have an issue with is
My Legendary club not making finals and getting thrashed

It's not hard, you just need a dummy half to know which player to give it to and deliver good service. Our middle forwards have actually been going ok with their running but they are getting swamped because of slow/poor passing from dummy half. Croker is all heart and you have to love him for it BUT he will never be a good hooker as long as he has a hole in his arse
Not hard to agree with that

[/QUOTE

We did suffer with Croker tonight. As always, tough as in defence, but in those conditions you need a good dummy half passer; somebody who can fire off rocket wide passes to get your forwards wider on the edges. It’s critical to have that in wet weather conditions to stop the defence compressing and gang tackling close to the ruck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8