Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The bullying of Chez by the Gang of 4, is a sad indictment on their character and lack of Team spirit. :swear:

New Era has commenced - finally :rock:
You can definitely see it. Massive smile on his face takes control on the field and has respect. Snake and choc treated him pretty bad imo. Snubbed him on the field and the worst was when the team was going through a team meeting and waiting on a bench outside was snake choc and matai on one side and daley by himself on the other side. They didn't want to have anything to do with him , yet Daleys passion for that team and willingness to compete and win is what i have always liked about him. Daley for me is a massive team player and always always gives 100 % i just feel this new era he can really go to another level hopefully and build the team around tom and jake and the rest of the boys who bleed for manly

credit where it is due, in those conditions Mannering made 63 tackles and missed none. That is a massive effort even if half are 3rd man flops.

The balancing points. our defence improved. but to equal it out. the Cause for concern. Our ability to make metres in the second half was terrible. possibly the worst it has been inna decade.

I think a fair amount of lack of effort was involved as well.

Jake could get the ball and make twenty metres, pretty much any one else made 3.

Line speed of Warriors and perhap being allowed to be off side contributed. But we just need to better.

How can I be cranky at a win. It should have happened with a field goal in ordinary time. 50 seconds on the clock and we started 25 metres out right in front and we couldn't set up a non-defendable field goal.

We need a leader who takes control and sets up the plays. Or a coach who coaches them.

DCE magic off his left foot is just too low percentage to cut the mustard time and time again.

Last edited:
You need a top of the line half back if you are going to challenge in this comp. Its the most important position on the field because most plays start from that player. A good one is worth their weight in a rich contract. We have a top one in DCE and from my point of view he's worth every cent he gets. Without him we would have been far worse off and likely not to have recovered for a few years.

The balancing points. our defence improved. but to equal it out. the Cause for concern. Our ability to make metres in the second half was terrible. possibly the worst it has been inna decade.

I think a fair amount of lack of effort was involved as well.

Jake could get the ball and make twenty metres, pretty much any one else made 3.

Line speed of Warriors and perhap being allowed to be off side contributed. But we just need to better.

How can I be cranky at a win. It should have happened with a field goal in ordinary time. 50 seconds on the clock and we started 25 metres out right in front and we couldn't set up a non-defendable field goal.

We need a leader who takes control and sets up the plays. Or a coach who coaches them.

DCE magic off his left foot is just too low percentage to cut the mustard time and time again.
Get a grip mate. Whinging over that gutzy win is pretty poor form. We had no ball in the second half. 7 penalties to 1 in the second half and they were off side by 3 meters when going for both field goal kicks. Dce is a leader and set up the play and guess what he nailed it.

Some people are never happy i guess even with a win

Wow. You're hard to please, I thought the effort was outstanding.
The teams effort overall was the best it has been this year, yes.

But let's not get infront of our selves either.

Guys weren't putting in bring that ball back off our line in that second half. If Jake wasn't in our squad we lose that game easy.

We were being dominated like we were most games last year.

We need to be better.

Nah you need not ignore me @mave ... I wasn't actually whinging about the win lol but I was annoyed that the game wasn't iced earlier: moreso at Gavin Badger than anyone else he crucified us from about the 20 minute mark onwards..

Agree with the comment about Badger. We couldn't get any go forward with the leeway the warriors were given in the ruck.

I was a little sick watching him in the Presser with his bleeding nostrils.:tmi:
Manly trainer should have cleaned him up for his poor Mum@:cool:
Yeah nah, all good Happily Manly. Reminded me of Igor back in the day.
In fact a lot of what Jake does....
well does !!!

The teams effort overall was the best it has been this year, yes.

But let's not get infront of our selves either.

Guys weren't putting in bring that ball back off our line in that second half. If Jake wasn't in our squad we lose that game easy.

We were being dominated like we were most games last year.

We need to be better.
Yep. Agree we need to be better against the top teams but tonight we played as well as we were allowed to.
By them and their mates.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10