Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 19, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Get a grip mate. Whinging over that gutzy win is pretty poor form. We had no ball in the second half. 7 penalties to 1 in the second half and they were off side by 3 meters when going for both field goal kicks. Dce is a leader and set up the play and guess what he nailed it.

Some people are never happy i guess even with a win
Mate everything you said is spot on,couldn't have said it better.

Our ability to make metres in the second half was terrible. possibly the worst it has been inna decade.

I think a fair amount of lack of effort was involved as well.

That's extremely harsh and unbelievable. :eek:
Playing in those atrocious conditions, with Badger as ref, at the wrong end of penalties and nothing going right in the 2nd half, I thought it was a gutsy gutsy win. Against all the odds they still managed to tough it out and I wouldn't dream of questioning their effort, especially under those circumstances.
By the way, we won!

Interesting facts:

His try in the 4th minute was Tom Trbojevic's first try playing fullback in the NRL. Tonight was just his 5th game at fullback. He's played 16 on the wing (11 tries) and 4 at centre (2 tries). His 146 metres tonight also saw him top 2,500 run metres for the season (2,559). His line break also saw him become the first Sea Eagle to have 10 this year.
Edit: It was Tom's 2nd try playing fullback, but his first in a game he has started there. The other was after Snake went off against Newcastle.

Killer's 3 goals saw him hit 100 points for the season. He has crossed for 3 tries and has kicked 44/55 goals (80%) in 15 games so far in 2016. His penalty goal just before half time was also his 1,400th point for Manly.

This was our 11th win over the Warriors in our last 12 games against them dating back to 2010 and our second from 2 in Perth. Our last loss was Round 13 in 2013 when we went down 18-16 at Mt Smart. The 15-14 win was also our smallest win in that run. The previous was our 24-22 win at Subiaco Oval in Round 21, 2012.

Last edited:
Sunday footy at Brookie tomorrow. 11am NYC vs Warriors, 1pm Intrust: vs Warriors.
Entry: $10 adults, Children U16 free. See you there!

gutsy win in conditions that were ordinary,eagles couldn't be criticized for the worriers comeback,as anasta said the defence was like soo
loving the forwards heart,the new kids and the backs,dunno if if want to still bag barrett anymore.

Darcy Lussick running 210 metres is massive in those conditions, versus a big Warriors pack. Big credit to Jorge Taufua as well, with 180 metres - and no real line breaks in that lot either, so all were doing the tough stuff coming off our line.

Killer's 3 goals saw him hit 100 points for the season. He has crossed for 3 tries and has kicked 44/55 goals (80%) in 15 games so far in 2016. His penalty goal just before half time was also his 1,400th point for Manly.

@HoldenV8 you sure Killer has cracked 1400 points ?? I have him on 85 tries and 526 goals = 1392 points.

I did discover he is only the 4th player to score 100 tries and kick 500 goals in the NRL though

Come on Jerry !!! You must confess that this was a gutsy never say die win under the circumstances
Yeah I copped quite a bit on this post. What I meant to say was the field goal. It should have never have gone to golden point. We should have nailed the previous one. Lucky as we got another shot at it. If we were palying a team with a thurston, cronk or smith in it we wouldn't have got another chance.

Wasn't knocking the effort. I think it was a top effort but DCE has to put some practice in on finishing. The last kick was a ripper but came from add lib play when we had the best part of a set before to close it out.

Start eating
young-woman-shoe-mouth-12255648.jpg

You could watch that effort every day of the week and be proud of the team win or lose. It think against the top teams we will make it extremely difficult for them but we are not in that league to bet the top couple of teams. Maybe with our best back line in place we can go close. Still so proud of the effort.

I know I'm being picky and was a great result but is it just me or dose DCE leave his field goal chances too late.
Im kinda starting to notice a little pattern in his play. When scores are level with less than 10 mins remaining he never looks to slot the field goal unless it's in the last 2mins.
I know if Cooper Cronk or JT where in that position they would take the shot every day of the week and slow the game down afterwards.

My gut feeling is that we will improve from here and win quite a few games but like last year will just miss out on the 8. Matches against the Bulldogs and Storm will decide our destiny I suspect. I think we can take a Rabbits sans Inglis line up and Newcastle should be a win. I also think we'll finally beat the Eels.

But then I may be way off, which is not unusual.

Ya freaking who .. I'm in vanuatu and couldn't get the game bu i managed to hear? the last 15 minutes or so via this thread ... thanks guys dce's field goal got a few cheers as i read out the threads

How excited was jake, shows how much the team means to him and getting a win.
Got to commend the coach also for lifting the team over the past month when everything was going pear shaped

Yep have said all along that we have to give Baz and the team time. Two wins don't make a season however the players appear to be happier and playing for each other

Holden Cup Full-time: Manly 32 d @NZWarriors 22 to record their second win of the season against the 10th placed Warriors. Well done boys.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8