Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker as a 5/8 I have no problem with because I thought he went ok on Friday considering. But DCE needs to demand the ball more in our attacking zone, especially on the 4th and 5th tackle.

Green is not a first grade back rower, not yet anyway. With Barrett willing to drop Leary instead, I hope that Green is just keeping a spot warm for when Ferris returns.

Vave isn't a first grade prop and I doubt he ever will be really. Fringe at best and IMO Lussick is a better choice. Darcy isn't a world beater, but he's better than Vave and like Green, I can't understand what Vave is doing in first grade.

As for T-Red? Look, I like his play, but when it comes down to it he wouldn't be in the first grade starting pack and would be down the pecking order when it comes to a bench spot (though as a back rower he should be in front of Green at least). I'd be sad to see him go but it also wouldn't surprise me.

Walker as a 5/8 I have no problem with because I thought he went ok on Friday considering. But DCE needs to demand the ball more in our attacking zone, especially on the 4th and 5th tackle.

Green is not a first grade back rower, not yet anyway. With Barrett willing to drop Leary instead, I hope that Green is just keeping a spot warm for when Ferris returns.

Vave isn't a first grade prop and I doubt he ever will be really. Fringe at best and IMO Lussick is a better choice. Darcy isn't a world beater, but he's better than Vave and like Green, I can't understand what Vave is doing in first grade.

As for T-Red? Look, I like his play, but when it comes down to it he wouldn't be in the first grade starting pack and would be down the pecking order when it comes to a bench spot (though as a back rower he should be in front of Green at least). I'd be sad to see him go but it also wouldn't surprise me.

Give me T-Red over green anyday.

TB not picking t-red or Leary are 2 decisions I totally disagree with and shows me TB is showing favouritism for certain players.

Last edited:
He's favoring his buddies from The Panthers / Dragons over proven players.

It's almost idiocy to have Mateo, Symonds and Leary in NSW Cup.

× Koroisou is grossly under done and soft.
x Green doesn't add enough impact to play anywhere apart from the backline.
x Brown is not a starting player. Utility off the bench at best.

As I say, Green to wing, get rid of hands for feet, feet for hands Wiliame.

God, bring on Brett Stewart, Feleti Mateo, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, and play NSW Cup players like Green, Koroisou and Vave in NSW Cup. It's not that hard.

I thought Barrett was supposed to be the thinking mans coach. Favoring his buddies from Penrith and The Dragons and NSW Cup won't achieve success.

Williame is on the left, i think you are mixing him up with 4 error Tafua as Wiliame only made 1 error.

Here is the latest Sea Eagles injury update, proudly brought to you by Elastoplast.

Brett Stewart: Suffered a tight hamstring injury in Ipswich trial. Expected back Round 3.

Jamie Buhrer: Suffered a broken jaw in the Auckland Nines. Expected back round 3.

Jayden Hodges: Suffered an ACL knee injury in the Auckland Nines. Out for the season.

Had to go three pages over to find this thread, so thought i would give a friendly bump.

Regardless of my brain telling me the wife is going to have bragging rights tonight when her Tigers win (as i have been reminded of since last weekend) I am still excited to watch us tonight!!!

Might have to call mum and ask her to get my bed ready in case the Tigs get up as i won't hear the end of it :p

I was actually looking through the season guide last night. My first reaction was disappointment, where has the real Manly gone? - apart from our senior players.
I've said this before, though it excited me at the time, I wish there had been no hype attached to our team and we were written off at the start of the season. That seems to inspire Manly.
Our team with all the newbies including the coach is not top four material ATM. This is a team working out combinations, who to put where and who's going to start each week.
I see the potential though. When things start to click we will have a quality side and we'll start to perform well.
Tonight we need to see improvement on last week.
So go Manly all the way! Week in week out.
The wins will come.
Unsure of whether that will be tonight or weeks away but us die-hards are here for the long haul.

Manly by 16 if a physical approach is the platform....if its a touch footy style game, the likes of Tedesco will make it anyone's game.

Had to go three pages over to find this thread, so thought i would give a friendly bump.

Regardless of my brain telling me the wife is going to have bragging rights tonight when her Tigers win (as i have been reminded of since last weekend) I am still excited to watch us tonight!!!

Might have to call mum and ask her to get my bed ready in case the Tigs get up as i won't hear the end of it :p

10150606_1029786227038304_5921703308326900375_n.jpg

I was actually looking through the season guide last night. My first reaction was disappointment, where has the real Manly gone? - apart from our senior players.
I've said this before, though it excited me at the time, I wish there had been no hype attached to our team and we were written off at the start of the season. That seems to inspire Manly.
Our team with all the newbies including the coach is not top four material ATM. This is a team working out combinations, who to put where and who's going to start each week.
I see the potential though. When things start to click we will have a quality side and we'll start to perform well.
Tonight we need to see improvement on last week.
So go Manly all the way! Week in week out.
The wins will come.
Unsure of whether that will be tonight or weeks away but us die-hards are here for the long haul.
We have a quality side now, unfortunately the coaching ranks are...... Well rank amateurs.

We have a quality side now, unfortunately the coaching ranks are...... Well rank amateurs.
I believe we need a Manly man at the helm but like all the newbie players I'm prepared to give our coaching staff a chance too.

Crowd looks healthy, lets hope the first rains in 3 months stay away for one more night :)
Cdfit9nUMAAWnsL.jpg

Win Big Manly!:clap: +30 and we are in the Top 8

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8