Manly's battle to keep Trbojevic brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meanwhile our two rising superstars are held up as the reason why the outfit had to lose a 'club' (cough) favourite.

I wonder how they and their family now feel?

actually fairly sure they have already signed about a month ago. This is just media muck raking

Last edited:
It's not an easy proposition to value Tom Trbojevic's contract.

He has a tendency to get injured. But I suppose you just put the money down and pray he stays healthy.

Were there any injury worries that contributed to the leting go of Gutherson?

It's not an easy proposition to value Tom Trbojevic's contract.

He has a tendency to get injured. But I suppose you just put the money down and pray he stays healthy.

Were there any injury worries that contributed to the leting go of Gutherson?

Younger players often go through periods of injury when they first start before they have matured and toughened up. I remember John Hopoate being out almost every second week before he finally had toughened to meet the warfare we call NRL

Younger players often go through periods of injury when they first start before they have matured and toughened up. I remember John Hopoate being out almost every second week before he finally had toughened to meet the warfare we call NRL
Yep true, I remember Trent Robinson saying the same thing about Latrell Mitchell this year. That's why he had a breather on the wing from time to time. The first couple of years in 1st grade really knock a kids body around.

This shouldn't be a battle at all. Any club would have identified these two as long term prospects long before now and I would have hoped that contract negotiations/extensions with Manly were discussed well before this. I do understand their manager will be waiting for other offers to get more for his clients but from Manly it should be an easy win. Give them years and the money they deserve (keeping in mind I dont believe we would have to match offers to keep but at least be realistic of their worth), if some deadwood gets sacrificed in order to do so, well so be it. They don't want to leave and only would if Manly screwed this up and forced them to AND if Manly were to do that, I would find this very hard to get over. Watching these 2 run around has been an absolute pleasure especially in a year which has been tough to take, they can and will do big things we must make sure its in a Manly jersey.

Honestly neither of these boys will leave as long as nothing drastic happens. Jake is certain to stay as is Tom and it will be announced soon that they are staying here long term.

36523616-mission-accomplished-grunge-violet-seal-isolated-on-white-Stock-Photo.jpg

I think everyone should be happy we retained these two....
They done the right thing upgrading them both for this upcoming season as well as extending them for a further 3.

Losing Burher hurts but we can build around these two and DCE now which we should all be happy about.
Jamie is gone and it's time to move on

A report I read breaks down their contract, the reported 900k and 700k is for the year 2020 which includes TPA.
Overall a pretty good deal for both parties.

Of course this simply means media speculation about their collective playing future moves right about 12-24 months. We will be hearing all this stuff again by late 2018.

Team Penzorton will then have to sign them up until the end of the 2028-29 seasons.

to be fair after that Hoppa had a rest every second week when suspended

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4