• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing in it. If Bird keeps his feet, as is his duty, it's a chest hit.
Bird makes his own decision to drop his head to that level, it's his own fault.
They don't call a head high tackle that for no reason. If you tackle someone at head height, you get done. If you tackle someone at bollock height, you can't control what they decide to put there. You are only responsible for yourself and your own actions. You aren't there to predict the stupidity of others.

Spot on GE.
How would Hasler and the Dogs approach this? Wrack their brains until they come up with an outlandish defence, run it at the Judiciary, and shock everyone by winning!
Often they defend a charge, lose, but are successful in having it downgraded. This is what we should do for this one.

They should challenge the charge if the charge is for a high tackle
The tackle wasn't high there for no charge case dismissed
But if its for dangerous contact have to go a different way as Marty wasn't going in dangerously but Bird putting his head in a dangerous position
Therefore I conclude that Marty is cleared of all charges and is cleared to play

Thanks. Just saw on Twitter that Marty apologised to Jack Bird for the late hit and hopes he was feeling ok and would bounce back next week. Nice.

It was a bit late, and flush on the head. Think he's in trouble. Been one of our best last 2 weeks. Really bending the line

The problem for Taupau was he had all eyes for the player, not the ball. Which is the reason he continued with the tackle as Bird was slipping.

Coincidentally, it was the exact same problem that Bird had, which is why he dropped the ball.

Maybe they should both be suspended?

Nothing in it. If Bird keeps his feet, as is his duty, it's a chest hit.
Bird makes his own decision to drop his head to that level, it's his own fault.
They don't call a head high tackle that for no reason. If you tackle someone at head height, you get done. If you tackle someone at bollock height, you can't control what they decide to put there. You are only responsible for yourself and your own actions. You aren't there to predict the stupidity of others.

Exactly. If Bird isn't cited for headbutting Marty in the bicep then the judiciary is an absolute farce. It was one of the worst acts I've seen on a footy field since Gallaway headbutted Hoppa.

Will get 1-2 weeks unfortunately....doing his job perfectly atm...beating ppl up, tough metres & quick plays, intimidating & unfortunately - impossible player to replace.

upload_2016-3-22_11-59-7.png

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4