Mass restings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think it speaks to the fact that winning the minor premiership is just that…still minor. Even though the winner now gets $200,000. But when you consider the profits the NRL are making (50 million last year), you can see why clubs still see it as chump change to actually winning the GF (+$800,000).

Mass Monaguillos GIF by CRDI. Ajuntament de Girona

I wish we were in the position to rest players going into the finals.

I doubt many on here would be concerned about resting players if we were sitting first or second on the table and no matter what results happened in the final round we would still finish first or second.
It's a great time to rest players suffering minor injuries giving them an extra week to overcome them.

I don't see what the NRL can do about it except increase the prize money to encourage teams to try and win the minor premiership.

But I can see some arguments against. Like fans have paid their money to come along and see a first grade team and more importantly it could skew results.
Cricket Australia has been doing it for years, the amount of times I've missed out on seeing Gilly bat or Brett Lee bowl is ridiculous........and they continue to do it during our home summer.

I think we will see a swathe of player restings this week.

Is it something the NRL needs to look at stepping in on, in the future?

I think atm I land on "if you've earnt the right to rest players then manage your squad as you see fit.

But I can see some arguments against. Like fans have paid their money to come along and see a first grade team and more importantly it could skew results.

Ie if Souths are playing a full strength Roosters and say Penrith rest 10 players against the Cowboys....

Dunno, what are people's thoughts?
I reckon it's been happening since 1908. NRL couldn't stop it even if they wanted too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8