Mass restings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I think we will see a swathe of player restings this week.

Is it something the NRL needs to look at stepping in on, in the future?

I think atm I land on "if you've earnt the right to rest players then manage your squad as you see fit.

But I can see some arguments against. Like fans have paid their money to come along and see a first grade team and more importantly it could skew results.

Ie if Souths are playing a full strength Roosters and say Penrith rest 10 players against the Cowboys....

Dunno, what are people's thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_143115_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_143115_Samsung Internet.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230829_143103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_143103_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 17
Only happens if you have your position sewn up. Which is usually only the last round, or unless you are good enough to have done that with a few rounds to go.

I'm fine with it. It's very different from the NBA where it happens all season long.

Each to their own, team wise. Resting players is a good spot to be on I guess!

Personally I'm fvcking p1ssed as I promised my boy I'd take him down to see Papi (his fave) and while he'll see Papi I'll be wasting my day on a frickin reggies game

I don't like it.
I am particularly angered at it because I am in a tipping competition in third position but just one win behind first and second place, and I have a better for-and-against. So, all I need is to tip one more win than them in this closing round and I collect the monetary prize.
However, with a raft of player changes it will become a lottery, not one of football knowledge and intuition which is how the previous 26 rounds were adjudged.
Self-centred, I know.

everyone’s got a squad of 30 they can pick from. They can rest whoever they want. It’s smart coaching why wouldn’t you rest players before the real completion starts? It’s such a physical sport it’s dumb to even question it. We would want our best and most bruised players having a rest before finals if we were in the position of doing so…

So disappointing. We didn’t get one easy win this year except maybe a few good decisions in the second half of that sharks game at shark park.

We had to fight for every win against the tougher teams and more often than not put up with terrible ref decisions in the losses against the knights in newcastle, bunnies, warriors and the panthers.

We played the cows at their peak and the Gold Coast at their peak and roosters at scg with five days turnaround.

Now some teams just get gifted two points

everyone’s got a squad of 30 they can pick from. They can rest whoever they want. It’s smart coaching why wouldn’t you rest players before the real completion starts? It’s such a physical sport it’s dumb to even question it. We would want our best and most bruised players having a rest before finals if we were in the position of doing so…
Yeah nobody is questioning the clubs reasoning.

So disappointing. We didn’t get one easy win this year except maybe a few good decisions in the second half of that sharks game at shark park.

We had to fight for every win against the tougher teams and more often than not put up with terrible ref decisions in the losses against the knights in newcastle, bunnies, warriors and the panthers.

We played the cows at their peak and the Gold Coast at their peak and roosters at scg with five days turnaround.

Now some teams just get gifted two points
It really does feel like we get the short end of the stick with ref decisions (and the draw) but at the end of the day we also threw away winnable games like the Knights in Mudgee, Titans at home, Eels without Moses/Brown/Paulo and the Roosters away game (short turnaround yes but that was must win and we barely fired a shot, now those losers are still a chance of making finals this week)

Win just a couple of those and it's a different story, we are likely in the 8 with a home game against the wooden spooners to finish. Goes to show that every game is important and that our lack of consistency has hurt us once again. That and missing our best player for more that half the season again

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8