MATAI to retire.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I got his point ... I hear people refer to him as thug, they don't understand his toughness .... we know what a star he is .... bring back the shoulder charge (just not to the head)
Well the NRL is not table tennis!
Skivvy certainly holds his own. He will go down as one of the hardest hitting centres to play the game. The definition of a Thug is not Steve Matai...

Sounds like he got punted by the club... :(

he wouldn't have got punted if he was fit
Well the NRL is not table tennis!
Skivvy certainly holds his own. He will go down as one of the hardest hitting centres to play the game. The definition of a Thug is not Steve Matai...

... absolutely ... my point exactly

He played in 4 grand finals. Scored tries in the ones we lost. Gave folau a lesson in 08. Matai went left most times in the first half, then went back inside in the second half to create a try, leaving folau thinking he was going outside. Gave the last pass for one of robbo's. Kicked goals from the sideline to ice the scoreline.

Soldiered on with a nasty injury in the 2011 Gf. End of story.

Huge loss, inspirational leader that always offered energy and aggression when Manly most needed it, also showed nice touches of class.(which is the under-rated part as he is mainly seen as aggressive and direct)

Lyon needs to return now for one more year of leadership around the club at centre.

Maybe the sprint training with Jake will keep Lyon fit enough to not slip into the fast slippery slope of winding down into retirement that is too far back to return.(Still looked fit and sharp to me when the team was not being killed in the forwards and doing extra defence)

His hit on smith in 2008 is still one of my all time favourite footy memories

What? I've haven't been on for a few days and this?
NOOOOOOOOO!
Can't cope atm. Will attempt to post sensibly later.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10