Mateo and Burgess Released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go for it @globaleagle
News from me will be a bit later in the day for me during the week from now on as my 3 weeks sick leave after having a couple of operations on my hand is now over and I am back at work so any news that I may be able to post will be after 4pm (Monday to Friday). If anybody can post news sooner than that then go for it but just remember to only post the heading, author and first paragraph (or 10%) of the article and then link the rest of the article to the originator news source.
Ouch, I hope your hand is healing up, sounds nasty.
(You didn't hurt it bashing on a door by any chance??!!)

Nah, it was just a carpal tunnel release and trigger finger repair to my ring finger of my right hand.

Get yer hand off it Jethro!

Nah kidding, but hope the recovery goes well. Sounds like less pig shootin' for you!

Nah, it was just a carpal tunnel release and trigger finger repair to my ring finger of my right hand.
Well good luck with it anyway. I wondered why you wore a ring on your trigger finger but then I googled it!

There's an article on the back page of today's Daily "Eagles to become Red Devils" about their departure, including an interview with Mateo. I'd copy it if I could...

I know he has his knockers, but I felt sad for him (tbh so sad it teared me up) as this year's obviously panned out not the way he'd hoped. Good luck to him (and Burgess), he'll probably do well in the ESL.

There's an article on the back page of today's Daily "Eagles to become Red Devils" about their departure, including an interview with Mateo. I'd copy it if I could...

I know he has his knockers, but I felt sad for him (tbh so sad it teared me up) as this year's obviously panned out not the way he'd hoped. Good luck to him (and Burgess), he'll probably do well in the ESL.
Mateo will look back and think the same about his entire career. So much talent but just lacked the desire.

Well good luck with it anyway. I wondered why you wore a ring on your trigger finger but then I googled it!
Hand%20Ops%2020160630%202.jpg

Just a thought

Whilst there would not be a cap benefit Salford might be paying a % of their remaining contracts so the club does not need too (and is a saving then)

If we only got rid of Winterstein, Green and Brown, and kept (but played) Mateo and Symonds, we would have been much, much better.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Apisai Koroisau
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Siosai Vave
17. Feleti Mateo

Is better than 90% of the team builds we traulled out for the 2nd half.of the season. Plod then also plays NSW Cup, being the leader there.

We screwed up roster wise.

It would be interesting to know what coin TRed was on. He wasn't a slacker. You could argue you would like him a little more agro. But I still think he would be better then Jake at Lock. Better the Brown every where. And the way we are going with buying a second rower. Better then anyone we are likely to recruit in the back row for 2017. May be Bozo dosent like red heads. Baz and his vision for Green hasn't lasted long either.

Losing TRed for NGreen was surely a bizarre move. Using LBrown at centre instead of either the other guys was also strange.

As much as I wanted it to be, Matato isn't the answer either. A genuinely gifted large human who constantly seemed disinterested, he goes down as another in the F column this year sadly.

There is two back row spots, on lock, two centres and a 14. Next year I would like to see:

3: Matai
4: Walker

13: Buhrer (Yes, Jake to Prop)
11: Taupau
12: Someone like Gillett, not a nufty up and coming maybe he'll come good let's try him there type

14: LBrown (hate him or hate him he is a good player as cover)

Yes, that's centres playing centre, second rowers playing second row, a ball playing legend at lock and a versatile 14! Rocket surgery

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4