Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Read on Triple M just said Lodge is at the Roosters now & they got him for the rest of the season for $100k-$120k.

Interesting that 2 rounds ago Parra were told he'd cost them $250k for the rest of the season.

He won’t help the Chooks with anything...nothing signing. They can have him for a dollar for all I care...that’s about his true market value.

He won’t help the Chooks with anything...nothing signing. They can have him for a dollar for all I care...that’s about his true market value.
I agree, the rooster forwards are less intimidating with him out there. They did ok last night.

Cant see Plodge making the 17 unless they get injuries and JWH doesnt get back.

Well, here we are, just as I informed everyone. Take the article with a grain of salt considering the source, but if true, it went down just as I told everyone it was going to.

Pretty dumb, releasing able bodied players, because you've given a top 30 contract to player after 5 seconds that will be out most of the season.

Once AGAIN, our forwards as a group look terrible.

EDIT: Hoodwinked into the dumbest contract in the NRL. Basically means we are already behind the eight ball salary cap wise than everyone else. If I told you the contract value I heard, people would be pissed.

Well, here we are, just as I informed everyone. Take the article with a grain of salt considering the source, but if true, it went down just as I told everyone it was going to.

Pretty dumb, releasing able bodied players, because you've given a top 30 contract to player after 5 seconds that will be out most of the season.

EDIT: Hoodwinked into the dumbest contract in the NRL. Basically means we are already behind the eight ball salary cap wise than everyone else. If I told you the contract value I heard, people would be pissed.

As long as Paseka, Sipley and I presume Jake don't get injured we should manage ok till Lodge comes on board. Do you you have any intel on what Lodge's contract is ? we are all dying to know Ryan.

But this time will be different right? LOL

Spot on Ryan.

As long as Paseka, Sipley and I presume Jake don't get injured we should manage ok till Lodge comes on board. Do you you have any intel on what Lodge's contract is ? we are all dying to know Ryan.

Ryan is implying it's more than Keppies 600k per season. 🤔😩

Crazy if so.

The guy has a track record of being unwanted. He is so unwanted that every team has paid to get rid of him.

If we want a rehabilitation project, it has to be on minimum salary.
What Lodge showed us before he did his ACL was the kind of mongrel that we've been missing in the forwards for a long time. Lets just hold our fire until we find out what Lodge's contract is. Lodge doesn't take a backward step, believe me he'll be worth it.

What Lodge showed us before he did his ACL was the kind of mongrel that we've been missing in the forwards for a long time. Lets just hold our fire until we find out what Lodge's contract is. Lodge doesn't take a backward step, believe me he'll be worth it.

The way he was playing was incredible for us. Definitely looked to be our forward leader and worth every cent of 600k if that’s what we are paying him next year. I know he will miss the start of the year but if it’s a 2 or 3 year deal we are miles in front.

@Eagle 1 you make a number of good points. And I do agree he was good in two games and we "needed" the mongrel

BUT

Lodge has done this at every club - shows some good mongrel and then at the end of things his club has paid him to leave.

This has happened 3 times so why will this time be different?

He left the Broncos because they had way too much money invested in props,a lot like us releasing AFB(no one bagging him for being let go).
He wanted out of warriors because he did not want to relocate to NZ after COVID was over(others wanted and did the same at the time and were released),got the release after confrontation with boss who initially did not want to let him go.
Moved on from Roosters after JWH decided to go around again and they had signed Leniu already to come in.
He was pissed and rightly so,sure,probably should not have dropped his bundle,but broken promises can have that effect on people.
Storm in a ****ing teacup for some people.

@Eagle 1 you make a number of good points. And I do agree he was good in two games and we "needed" the mongrel

BUT

Lodge has done this at every club - shows some good mongrel and then at the end of things his club has paid him to leave.

This has happened 3 times so why will this time be different?
It's last chance hotel for Lodge plus he lives on the Northern Beaches now, could be his final contract, the balls in his court now.

The way he was playing was incredible for us. Definitely looked to be our forward leader and worth every cent of 600k if that’s what we are paying him next year. I know he will miss the start of the year but if it’s a 2 or 3 year deal we are miles in front.
600k is a steal, if that's the case. When he did his ACL they were saying 9mth rehab and that was around early Aug so that would make a possible return around mid April good case scenario.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7