Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The thing to remember about Lodge is his penalties. Like lots of em. Who cares how many metres he can make or the aggression he can bring, if he is going to cost us at crucial moments.

If anything, Lodge is the sort of player we have to stop recruiting. We need discipline and good leadership, not more raw talent.
Ah, so he’ll be the perfect fit. Jake says hold my beer.

He could also try screw the club and get another 700K payout
Only if the club is willing to pay him 700k in the first place. Besides, for the warriors to pay him out, it's fairly evident he isn't at fault this time

Speaking on Fox League’s NRL 360, veteran reporter Phil Rothfield revealed that Warriors chief executive Cameron George refused to answer questions about Lodge’s hefty payout.

“This story is a bizarre one and I can’t understand and I would love someone to explain it to me, but Matt Lodge has been given a release from the Warriors, but paid out in full for the rest of this season and the rest of next year,” Braith Anasta said on NRL 360.

Paul Kent called on the NRL Integrity Unit to investigate why if the club and Lodge had done nothing wrong was he allowed to leave with such a huge sum of money.

“That’s the thing it does go on their cap regardless of the fact whether he is there or not,” Kent said.

“Second to that you have got to ask, the fact that the payout is in Lodge’s favour suggests that Lodge has done nothing wrong.

(I love the butt hurt the journos exhibit when people wont tell them everything they wanna know)

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about this ?? Surely has nothing to do with the Mighty Sea Eagles?

Speaking on Fox League’s NRL 360, veteran reporter Phil Rothfield revealed that Warriors chief executive Cameron George refused to answer questions about Lodge’s hefty payout.

“This story is a bizarre one and I can’t understand and I would love someone to explain it to me, but Matt Lodge has been given a release from the Warriors, but paid out in full for the rest of this season and the rest of next year,” Braith Anasta said on NRL 360.

Paul Kent called on the NRL Integrity Unit to investigate why if the club and Lodge had done nothing wrong was he allowed to leave with such a huge sum of money.

“That’s the thing it does go on their cap regardless of the fact whether he is there or not,” Kent said.

“Second to that you have got to ask, the fact that the payout is in Lodge’s favour suggests that Lodge has done nothing wrong.

(I love the butt hurt the journos exhibit when people wont tell them everything they wanna know)
So you don’t think there’s something fishy about it?

So you don’t think there’s something fishy about it?

My thoughts are kinda irrelevant to my comment expressing hilarity are the 'journos' all crying about getting no answers and calling for a royal commission like they are the gods of the nrl.

Additionally, my thoughts are $5 a pop :)

My thoughts are kinda irrelevant to my comment expressing hilarity are the 'journos' all crying about getting no answers and calling for a royal commission like they are the gods of the nrl.

Additionally, my thoughts are $5 a pop :)
That’s more expensive than the trash Murdoch media.
But in regards to the Lodge situation,if the journos don’t ask these questions,who does?Granted it wasn’t these morons but it was journos that uncovered the Storms salary cap cheating.The NRL struggle with implementing rules of the game,no chance they could get to the bottom of any cap issues

Tiff with the owner.

there ya go.

Now Warriors owner Mark Robinson has shed light on what triggered Lodge’s exit.
According to Robinson, the pair clashed at the Belvedere Hotel near Redcliffe late 2021.
“We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December,” Robinson told the Daily Telegraph.
“Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.
“He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways.
“He didn’t like the club and he obviously didn’t like playing for Mark Robinson.”

Pressed on what the disagreement was about Robinson remained tight-lipped.
“Just two men and attitude and whatever. It’s seven months ago.“There’s no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.” he said.

Tiff with the owner.

there ya go.

Now Warriors owner Mark Robinson has shed light on what triggered Lodge’s exit.
According to Robinson, the pair clashed at the Belvedere Hotel near Redcliffe late 2021.
“We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December,” Robinson told the Daily Telegraph.
“Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.
“He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways.
“He didn’t like the club and he obviously didn’t like playing for Mark Robinson.”

Pressed on what the disagreement was about Robinson remained tight-lipped.
“Just two men and attitude and whatever. It’s seven months ago.“There’s no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.” he said.
'Two Alpha males' is that the modern term for 'two d*ckheads' ?

We seriously don't want the likes of this guy in our team, the things that I have heard about him growing up as teenager and what he get up to thanks but no thanks please enforce the No Dickheads Policy

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8