Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we need a prop with a bit more everything
**** all props of note available to chose from
less wanting to come to Manly
with seibold Lodge is a known quantity
while he might start the season late , how many games he plays in his contract is more important overall and only time will tell with that. tommy started last season and that didnt end well
If the number is 600K, thats not crazy money
he looked really good in his brief stint and equally good when he joined the roosters mid season. he is a qulaity prop
If we lose a sponser, penn has to cough up more coin

AFB had some shocker off field issues before manly, needed to flee sydney apparently, lipped off delux to the ref and trashed the sponsers car from memory. Hardly a clean skin but seemingly more palatable.

His life choices are not a consideration for me, just footy games

we want him to eat monsters, not care for babies. besides greenberg eyeballed him and said he is a top bloke. good enough for me

and he was a tiger so its a perfect fit

Not quite -
You forget that it took him a while to be regular first grader...

In 2018 he also played 6 reserve games for Blacktown, so a total of 19 games
in 2019 he played 5 so a total of 18 games
2022 also played 4 so a total of 15

So more like 115 games out of 145 ... which is 79.5% ... meaning he plays 4 of every 5

Agree the higher he can get that percentage the better for us, but it's not as bad as you thought. At Panthers JFH and Leota probably average more like 90% and it does make a difference.
Add to that, most of the games Paseka missed this year was due to an illegal tackle by the Sharks player.

But let's not mention any of this as this doesn't suit his agenda.

2023: Played 18 of 24 games (missed 25% of the season)
2022: Played 11 of 24 games (missed 54% of the season)
2021: Played 24 of 24 games (missed 0% of the season)
2021: Played 3 of 3 finals games (missed 0% of the finals)
2020: Played 18 of 20 games (missed 10% of the season)
2019: Played 13 of 24 games (missed 45% of the season)
2019: Played 0 of 2 finals games (missed 100% of the finals)
2018: Played 13 of 24 games (missed 45% of the season)

In total: Played exactly 100 games (including finals) of 145 games. That means, in his career, he is missing 31% of the time (or one in every three games).

To me, that's always injured. Pinning your hopes on a player that's there 66.6% of the time is a concern.
Bit of a misrepresentation there sorry.

In 2018 and 2019 he had fully established himself as a top 17 player. He player 6 NSW Cup games in 2018 and 5 in 2019.

In fact he also played 4 in NSW Cup in 2022.

So more reflective stats when talking injury is

2023: Played 18 of 24 games (missed 25% of the season)
2022: Played 15 of 24 games (missed 37% of the season)
2021: Played 24 of 24 games (missed 0% of the season)
2021: Played 3 of 3 finals games (missed 0% of the finals)
2020: Played 18 of 20 games (missed 10% of the season)
2019: Played 18 of 24 games (missed 25% of the season)
2019: Played 0 of 2 finals games (missed 100% of the finals)
2018: Played 19 of 24 games (missed 21% of the season)

In total: Played exactly 115 games (including finals) of 145 games (though not sure if missing those 2019 finals games was selection or injury based). That means, in his career, he is missing 20.7% of the time (or one in every five games).

Not quite -

So more like 115 games out of 145 ... which is 79.5% ... meaning he plays 4 of every 5

Agree the higher he can get that percentage the better for us, but it's not as bad as you thought. At Panthers JFH and Leota probably average more like 90% and it does make a difference.
Haha I should have read ahead.

Great minds @SeaEagleRock8

Not quite -

Then form, or injury, or whatever other absence (barrett benched him from memory) - you're trying to fudge the numbers from his absences doesn't change the fact that for whatever reason, he's been out of the team 33% of the time. You DO get that , right?

Yes great minds think alike ..
but fools never differ! ouch! @:D

Replace injured with out of form, or not being selected by the coach - the outcome is the same. Going by the way you and Disco stated it (great minds apparently) Ben Condon is a regular first grader.

Honestly, it's like we have an excuse, for literally everything.

Then form, or injury, or whatever other absence (barrett benched him from memory) - you're trying to fudge the numbers from his absences doesn't change the fact that for whatever reason, he's been out of the team 33% of the time. You DO get that , right?
Mate you are the one who attributed time in NSW Cup to injuries to bolster your claim about how often he is injured. They just cited the correct numbers, you are the one who fudged them.

Interesting ....
People complain we have deadwood,underperforming players in the forwards that need to go.
Club looks to offload deadwood,underperforming players.
People complain we are releasing players for speculative players and now have no depth.
People suggest we have some good players and depth.
People say that those guys are injury prone.
People show that the particular player mentioned is not injury prone.
People say that it is not just about injury, but non performing players now,citing that a player(Condon) considered as deadwood and needs to go but is needed because we have no depth but is also no good because he is not a first grade player.(yep confusing)
Hard to bring in depth until you release the deadwood first(cart before the horse maybe).
The club has brought in James and promoted Matterson and GCKT who was a Dev player last year,now also looking to bring in Lodge.I am sure they are also looking to promote guys like Navale,Dunford and Uesele.
I think they are making progress from last season and are probably not finished yet,I will wait a little longer before calling it right now.

Seibold needs to deliver results next year. I think he is definitely in a career defining predicament. If he fails he will find it hard to pick up another first grade gig and will join T baz as a forever assistant coach. If he succeeds the sky is the limit.

Interesting ....
People complain we have deadwood,underperforming players in the forwards that need to go.
Club looks to offload deadwood,underperforming players.
People complain we are releasing players for speculative players and now have no depth.
People suggest we have some good players and depth.
People say that those guys are injury prone.
People show that the particular player mentioned is not injury prone.
People say that it is not just about injury, but non performing players now,citing that a player(Condon) considered as deadwood and needs to go but is needed because we have no depth but is also no good because he is not a first grade player.(yep confusing)
Hard to bring in depth until you release the deadwood first(cart before the horse maybe).
The club has brought in James and promoted Matterson and GCKT who was a Dev player last year,now also looking to bring in Lodge.I am sure they are also looking to promote guys like Navale,Dunford and Uesele.
I think they are making progress from last season and are probably not finished yet,I will wait a little longer before calling it right now.
Love the comments but you have just described how a footy forum works. People will complain unless we win the comp and even then I suspect will still find something to pick on… with the salary cap you have to take risks that will imply some kind of trade off. Let’s hope Seibold and co get it right. Personally I think some of the concerns pointed out are definitely warranted as we do appear to be soft in the middles…with minimal depth….

Replace injured with out of form, or not being selected by the coach - the outcome is the same. Going by the way you and Disco stated it (great minds apparently) Ben Condon is a regular first grader.

Honestly, it's like we have an excuse, for literally everything.
Two points

1. Your argument was around his propensity to get injured, thats what we were discussing.

2. But if we are now for some reason shifting to games not played in the top 17, what relevance does Pasekas reserve grade games in 2018 and 2019 have?
Is your argument he couldnt nail down a spot at 21ish 5 or 6 years ago so he is some how damaged foods in 2024?

Love the comments but you have just described how a footy forum works. People will complain unless we win the comp and even then I suspect will still find something to pick on… with the salary cap you have to take risks that will imply some kind of trade off. Let’s hope Seibold and co get it right. Personally I think some of the concerns pointed out are definitely warranted as we do appear to be soft in the middles…with minimal depth….
Every one is entitled to an opinion,I have no issue with that.
However,when you use facts to back an opinion up and they are flawed and pointed out as such and then the point gets changed and things just go around in a crazy circle it just gets a little humorous.
Our pack needs to prove itself next year,but I am liking what I am seeing more than year 2023,but that is just my opinion,I have no facts to back it up.

Our current middles ..
Paseka
Lodge
Bullemor
Sipley
Jake
Aloiai
James
Condon
Matterson,Lawton and Fulton at the moment can play as 13.
Maybe Woods on T&T.
Possibly soft at the moment,but not short on depth.
Some may be moved on,but then some will/may come in as well

Two points

1. Your argument was around his propensity to get injured, thats what we were discussing.

2. But if we are now for some reason shifting to games not played in the top 17, what relevance does Pasekas reserve grade games in 2018 and 2019 have?
Is your argument he couldnt nail down a spot at 21ish 5 or 6 years ago so he is some how damaged foods in 2024?

No, my whole argument is that we are extremely thin in the forwards. We've allocated 7-8% of the cap on a player who we have no idea will return to the line-up, and that IF he returns from this serious injury, will he be the same player?

Secondly, Aloiai, Paseka and others will be returning from serious injuries and time out of the game.

Yet, we are releasing able bodied players to accommodate these players.

Guys like Schuster, Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Lodge & others are habitually in and out of the line-up (for whatever reason). I've already spoken about the releases of Fainu 1&2, Fifita, Tuitavake, Keppie & others.

My point was and is, we need to acquire some forwards. And if we want to bridge the gap between us and Penrith (look at the games JFH plays for them, and much harder), then any acquisition needs to be marquee - think Kennedy, Kite type of acquisitions!

No, my whole argument is that we are extremely thin in the forwards. We've allocated 7-8% of the cap on a player who we have no idea will return to the line-up, and that IF he returns from this serious injury, will he be the same player?

Secondly, Aloiai, Paseka and others will be returning from serious injuries and time out of the game.

Guys like Schuster, Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Lodge & others are habitually in and out of the line-up (for whatever reason). I've already spoken about the releases of Fainu 1&2, Fifita, Tuitavake, Keppie & others.

My point was and is, we need to acquire some forwards. And if we want to bridge the gap between us and Penrith (look at the games JFH plays for them, and much harder), then any acquisition needs to be marquee - think Kennedy, Kite type of acquisitions!
Getting a marquee forward is easier said than done, they are as scarce as hens teeth. I remember all the excitement when Flegler became available and was floated as a possible recruit only to find out uncle Wayne had him all stitched up long ago.

Well the response on Paseka was to this.

Paseka - always injured

To your wider point, on being light a forward or two, yes, correct, we need to pick up a forward or two, and Ive no doubt that will happen. Its October.

I think looking at what we have let go, upgrades are a reasonable assumption.

As for a marquee forward, would love one but not sure we will se that happen.

Add to that, most of the games Paseka missed this year was due to an illegal tackle by the Sharks player.

But let's not mention any of this as this doesn't suit his agenda.
That fella should have got a 6 week suspension. That tackle was horrible!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8