Matt Parish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's nice to see the club being pro active, they said Des had to much control but I hope Tooves is getting his say with the coaching roster.

All sounding pretty positive to me.

Sheikheagle said:
wombatgc said:
what happened to Cliffy as assistant?:huh:

I think rightly the club have gone for someone with experience. Parish was assistant at the Cowgirls and previously he coached in the Qld & NSW Cup's. However, fear not I think cliffy will be involved somehwere as will beaver when he returns.

Cliffy will be backup for Foran if he goes - Go Cliffy

from the Manly Daily blindside

THE PLOT THICKENS

Matt Parish, whose name was mentioned this week as a possible assistant to Geoff Toovey at the Sea Eagles, has suddenly quit his job as head coach of UK Super League club Salford less than six months into the job.

The man who worked with NSW coach Ricky Stuart in this year’s State of Origin campaign, was in charge of the Reds for the last six matches of the season.

In a statement the club said Paris had resigned due to personal reasons.

Sheikheagle said:
wombatgc said:
what happened to Cliffy as assistant?:huh:

I think rightly the club have gone for someone with experience. Parish was assistant at the Cowgirls and previously he coached in the Qld & NSW Cup's. However, fear not I think cliffy will be involved somehwere as will beaver when he returns.
I'd take Cliffy over Parish anyday.

A perfect example of how the media works. There are whispers that a relatively unknown coach in matt parish is not happy with his role and is looking to get out. Because he is a minor player, it won't make a story, so the media have to Link him somewhere more high profile to get a story of it. Now manly are looking for a new assistant.... Perfect let's put him there. Story written, everyone happy, another lovely piece of fiction added to the collection. Have a look at how many articles th Stewart boys have generated of late, probably based on 2 facts.
1. Brett has a lot of respect for Des.
2. He is off contract at the end of 2012
When you work with so few facts, the list of stories is endless.

Dan79 said:
A perfect example of how the media works. There are whispers that a relatively unknown coach in matt parish is not happy with his role and is looking to get out. Because he is a minor player, it won't make a story, so the media have to Link him somewhere more high profile to get a story of it. Now manly are looking for a new assistant.... Perfect let's put him there. Story written, everyone happy, another lovely piece of fiction added to the collection. Have a look at how many articles th Stewart boys have generated of late, probably based on 2 facts.
1. Brett has a lot of respect for Des.
2. He is off contract at the end of 2012
When you work with so few facts, the list of stories is endless.
Your own work of fiction there, or do you have facts to back that up?

Central coast eagle i am not quite as cynical as you. Your respect for des may have gone, I don't really know where you stand. But I know for a fact that Brett still respects des, and you know what he respects tooves too.
Not sure you comprehend what I was saying, but my point was they take small information and build a story out of it.
Don't look to deep into what you read.

Clearly the Bellylaugh are annoyed that the situation at Manly has stabilised (i.e. de- 'imploded' - would that be exploded?) and the Groove and co. are getting on with preparations for next year. Oh and oh dear, no one has actually activated one of these wondrous 'get out' clauses masterminded by the supercoach, Des!

Meanwhile down at News HQ - "We've got to fabricate more dirt about Manly! Any dirt! Get onto it Bulldog, you too Phil!"

Dan79, haha i may still have been a little drunk when I read that post earlier this morning, I read it as Brett has LOST respect for Des.

I'm not cynical at all and still have loads of respect for Des for what he has done for the club (not a popular view on here at the moment, but it's mine), sorry for the misunderstanding.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parish-says-sea-eagles-job-rumours-are-wrong-20111120-1npa2.html

According to Matt he has not even spoken to anyone at Manly.
Yet an other exclusive for the tellycrap

I hope we DO sign him, I'd prefer someone experienced as assistant coach. Get Cliffy to coach the halves.

Phantar said:
Clearly the Bellylaugh are annoyed that the situation at Manly has stabilised (i.e. de- 'imploded' - would that be exploded?) and the Groove and co. are getting on with preparations for next year. Oh and oh dear, no one has actually activated one of these wondrous 'get out' clauses masterminded by the supercoach, Des!

Meanwhile down at News HQ - "We've got to fabricate more dirt about Manly! Any dirt! Get onto it Bulldog, you too Phil!"

Maybe just 'ploded'...in the same way, while we dislike both "inflation" and "deflation" we never ever seem to get to, recognise or applaud "flation".

A tweet from josh Massoud tonite

Hearing @manlyseaeagles to confirm Matt Parish and David Penna as Toovey's assistants this week. Cliff Lyons a chance to coach NSW Cup #NRL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4