Matthew Wright to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
well .... I'm not sure about being a second stringer ... every game I have seen him play in he has been a lot more than sound ... I welcome the purchase and hope he is Jorge's replacement

He has height (6'3'') which should help under the high ball. He wouldn't be on much cash so not a bad signing. We will need depth in the back line over the next 2-3 years so not a bad pick-up. Williame may be out of a job unless he scores 3 tries this weekend.

He has height (6'3'') which should help under the high ball. He wouldn't be on much cash so not a bad signing. We will need depth in the back line over the next 2-3 years so not a bad pick-up. Williame may be out of a job unless he scores 3 tries this weekend.

Being tall isn't everything!

77650108e1fcf0f97a905db732a02edd.jpg

:giggle:

Handy pickup. Great coverage for Taufua, and anywhere in the back line. Has played a lot of Fullback and centre too at the Sharkies. Has carved us up in the past. It's good to have a back that is first grade quality outside of our top 5. Will put pressure on the boys for a spot, can only lift every players game.

As slow as he is, I do recall him being quite strong under the highball in both attack and defence...not bad as a cover option I guess.

Definitely brings some much needed depth to the backs. If Wiliame is first in line every time we have a backline injury then we're screwed.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of exciting outside back Matthew Wright, effective immediately.

Wright has been released from his contract with the Nth Qld Cowboys and will join the Sea Eagles this weekend. He has played 96 appearances in the NRL.

The former Cronulla Sharks and North Queensland player has signed with the Sea Eagles for the next three years.

Coach Trent Barrett said Wright would be a great asset to the team.

“Matthew is a quality player who can easily play full-back, wing, centre, and five-eighth. When he became available, we didn’t hesitate to sign him,’’ Barrett said.

“He has played almost 100 first grade games and his experience and utility value will be of enormous value to us as we progress further into the season. We look forward to welcoming him to the club.”

Matthew Wright

Born: 30/01/1991, Auckland, NZ

Junior Club: St Pats Blacktown

Position: Full-back/wing/centre/five-eighth

Height: 192cm

Weight: 95kg

Rep Honours: 1 Test Samoa (2013), World Cup (2013), Jnr Kangaroos (2010), NSW U18s (’08), Australian Schoolboys (2008).

Previous Clubs: Cronulla (2009-13), Nth Qld Cowboys (2014-April 16)

First Grade Debut: Cronulla v Canberra, Toyota Stadium, 11/04/2009 (Rd 5)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4