Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I think it's bull****. They were happy to extend him 2 years. Maybe they said if you want to start and play 80 mins it won't happen but not to shop around.

Matt's never been in it for the dollars. He said if he isn't up to the standards of what he's set he will retire himself.

Why does it appear some of us 100% believe what has been written here?
Not sure snake would be keen to sign another year if his mate Matty was being treated this way?

Yeah it's likely like a lot of people have posted here and it's been read and reported on. Ballin has played well the last couple of games with Hodges helping out. No reason to think he won't be playing a similar role next year. It's a good situation to be in with korisau Ballin and hodges all pushing for a spot.
Unfortunately the game has moved on from Ballins style of play and dummy half needs to be more dynamic. There's still a place for him in this side maybe in a Ryan Hinchcliff type capacity.

I think manly are now taking the approach of "it's our way or see ya". Matt Ballin has been one of my favorite players but I hope we didn't sign him just to get someone to sign. It's a business now sadly and the loyalty thing has passed it seems and that's why snake is probably sucking it up and thinking " it's the way it is I just have to get on with it and dce or I'm gone ". . Just my opinion. We do have to move forward also.

Matty B was obviously re-signed with the blessing of Toovey and I think it might be confirmation that Toovey wont be coach if they move Matty on. I would love to see Barrett retain him for a couple of reasons, a back up for hooker and the back row as his defence is really first class. Letting him go would be pretty sad and not endear Barrett to the fans, bloody ruthless business these days.

I think we resigned him after the initial DCE and Foran departures most likely in a bit of haste after our organisation was rocked by the halves leaving. Bozo has since came in and helped settle things, we got DCE back and then Api becoming available we had the chance to secure a one of the best young promising hookers to play with us & Cherry for a long time to come.

As a few posts have stated I think he has been told moving forward (next year) he is not going to be our number 1 hooking option and if he can get a better opportunity elsewhere we wont stand in his way. Absolutely love the bloke and his attitude, he is the ultimate professional. I think he still has a decent couple of seasons left in him at his current level. A club like the Titans could chase a lot worse he would be a great leader for them and would help create a professional environment they desperately need.

Balin has been great at all stages of his career, unfortunately he now looks slow and pedestestrian out of dummy half, when he was resigned for a further 2 seasons, I thought really?,, I hope he gets a big super league contract to finish I'm off cause honestly his 1st choice days off hooker are done at manly come 2016

I personally think he would make an amazing under study for Ron Palmer, with the idea of taking over when Ronny is retired, or moves on. Matt is then provided longetivity in his career, he remains at Manly, and will always have a place here.

As for Tooves, make him the Chief Financial Officer - his sole directive is to ensure a profit year to year. He's an Accountant and has worked on NRMA's board.

Everyone is happy then.

I personally think he would make an amazing under study for Ron Palmer, with the idea of taking over when Ronny is retired, or moves on. Matt is then provided longetivity in his career, he remains at Manly, and will always have a place here.

As for Tooves, make him the Chief Financial Officer - his sole directive is to ensure a profit year to year. He's an Accountant and has worked on NRMA's board.

Everyone is happy then.
Penns wont let Toovey anywhere near the money.

Toovey's recent musings about Brookvale Oval may be a dig at the Penn Faemmle*, who may wish to take games elsewhere, behind the smokescreen of rebuilding Brookvale into an Antipodean version of Stanford Bridge. An unlikely chance of ever succeeding, as opposed to putting the Commonwealth's $10 million to good use, right now.

*A sly reference on my part to Carl Laemmle, founder of Universal studios in 1915. In 1929 he appointed his son Carl Jr to run the studio. That lead to Ogden Nash famously quipping, 'Uncle Carl Laemmle has a big Faemmle'. You know where I'm coming from.

Last edited:

Everyone is happy then.

So without any real confirmation you have Ronny Palmer as the new fitness bloke, Barrett as coach and now Matty Ballin gone. Im sick of these media bull**** articles. Last week they said we were cashed up and now we are under massive salary cap pressure. It is a game of pin the story on the donkey. They are once again making assumptions based on what little they know. Don't be suprised to see Korisau used in 5/8 next year and this story lining a birdcage.

Matty Ballin is a tackling machine and a true Manly man, he deserves respect and to be able to finish his career a one club player. The Penn's and Fulton can seriously get stuffed if they try to push him out.

He may not be at the peak of his career at present......but he is a legend and adds so very much to a team with his experience, defence and incredible attitude.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8