Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know what the club are thinking trying to turf out Ballin. Even if he isn't up to first grade in their eyes he is too good an influence to just get rid of.
Yes after allowing one of the game's gentlemen in Brent Kite to leave, you would have thought that the smart thing to do would be to at least keep Ballin on, with a view to moving him into a support career post-football. That's Penrith's plan for Kite. Two cleanskins the club has (or wants to) let go.

Why is our club run by such a pack of dills, with such a misguided strategic vision? That was rhetorical, I already know the answer.

Yes after allowing one of the game's gentlemen in Brent Kite to leave, you would have thought that the smart thing to do would be to at least keep Ballin on, with a view to moving him into a support career post-football. That's Penrith's plan for Kite. Two cleanskins the club has (or wants to) let go.
We let Whatmouth go to balance the ledger.

Matty B needs to be retained because he is one of the guys who sends out a positive message about what it means to play for Manly.

He is handy because his strength is his defence and every team needs good defenders.

I think Matty actually would be a very good coach and I base that on the fact that his back ground is personal training. He is a quiet achiever and an unsung hero of our 2 recent premierships,

Message to the Penn clan, let him go at your peril, I would have thought it would have been better to do this review at the end of the season, I would at least review this half way through next year and if Matty B is over it then move him on.

It is further evidence that they were punting Toovey regardless cause Matty B was re-signed early in the year.

@Ryan - here's the proof that Ballin is being forced out by the club. Straight from the horses mouth!

Well I think that sucks. Why sign him, then ask him to leave. Reekes of unprofessional. Hope he's here next year - I bet Barrett selects him over Purcell or whatever that QLD Cup players name is.

Kelly, you goose !

Matty is destined to be a 40 min player at best next year.
At worst he will be the NSW cup Capt/hooker.
Barrett has every right to pick his own team, and let the cards fall where they may.
From what little I understand of the factions at Manly, Ballin was in neither camp.

The smartest choice for Penn would be to install him as the S&C coach or Def coach next year. That assumes Api will be a 80 min hooker though. A bit risky for such a slim hooker.

Interesting that the Penns are treating Ballin much the same way Tooves was said to treat GStewart
Worse, as Ballin was given a 2 year contract in April, and now they want to withdraw it.:mad:

First of all, Toovey was not the sole decision maker and Gifty was not 3 months into a new contract extension.

Just a shambles at Manly since the sole Ownership model kicked in:confused:

Well I think that sucks. Why sign him, then ask him to leave. Reekes of unprofessional. Hope he's here next year - I bet Barrett selects him over Purcell or whatever that QLD Cup players name is.

Kelly, you goose !

What do you mean by that @Andrew.. ?

G'day all,I must admit that I am surprised at the lack of reaction from whats left of last years cabal of troublemakers to this decision.Surely Matt is entitled to the same sort of '"support"that they offered on behalf of their perceived disrespecting of Glen?Whats changed fellas,as far as I can see a long time loyal servant and teammate is being shafted in the most disgraceful way and not a peep.
cheers mike

Matt is truly the victim of Foran's performance this season and a weaker forward pack as well.

We haven't lost quality with Matt. With Foran being nowhere near as good as he used to be and the forwards looking soft more often than not, Matt has become a scapegoat for the team lacking potency in attack.

Our style of play will certainly change with Api playing next season. But make no mistake, Matt is not to blame for how badly we have gone this season.

A fantastic player and just a nice guy. Happy he has played for the Eagles and still will. Stick it to them mate and stay. One of the nicest players i have had a chance to speak with over the years. Always has time to say hi, hear a few tips on playing lol, sign an autograph and listen to how crap the food is at brookie and how much i hated those stupid F-ing drums when we played Souths.

G'day all,I must admit that I am surprised at the lack of reaction from whats left of last years cabal of troublemakers to this decision.Surely Matt is entitled to the same sort of '"support"that they offered on behalf of their perceived disrespecting of Glen?Whats changed fellas,as far as I can see a long time loyal servant and teammate is being shafted in the most disgraceful way and not a peep.
cheers mike
Zorba may have muzzled Snake & Matai? You won't hear a peep out of Foran, he's already got one foot out the door.

Matai was never part of the anti-2v faction.

He was just approached by the Warriors and then asked for a release.@:cool:

Foran is a sook of the highest order - only the Dalai can go to his level of angst :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8