**** me dead check this out lads (penns interview with hadley)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: F**k me dead check this out lads (penns interview with hadley)

So as I posted on MSE, Max Delmege's "$12m contribution" includes the sponsorship etc that is not philanthropic or equity, it is something he received a return for.

How does a majority shareholder only have 2/7th of a Board vote?

But you note the sting in the tail?  If the other shareholders don't contribute to the entity the Penn shareholding increases, and the football club is entirely incapable of putting money into the club. 

The Penns are going to drum the football club clowns out.

Looks like he's got his S**t together in regards to the footy club. Comes across as a bit of a weasel though. That would probably get up the nose of an old school bloke like Delmege.

How large is the Penn fortune though. can't continue for ever. $2 mill is hardly enough for the Sea eagles. Considering Delmege initially for forked out $4 mill, and gave considerable sponsor dollars when the club couldn't get one.

Yeah I heard that today as well, couldn't believe they took a long time to approve Des contract extension

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Yeah I heard that today as well, couldn't believe they took a long time to approve Des contract extension

Agree BE. It's a joke how long they took to approve Des contract extension.

It's clear some of these board members on the board need to go they are behind the times in the way the club is heading for it's future.

So did the news come out about the major sponsorship ???,who is it ??,or have things been stalled due to the crisis talks ??

Matabele link said:
But you note the sting in the tail?  If the other shareholders don't contribute to the entity the Penn shareholding increases, and the football club is entirely incapable of putting money into the club. 

The Penns are going to drum the football club clowns out.

This would be the best thing for the club.  I don't understand why the Penn's didn't insist on a 51% shareholding from the start.  If you are prepared to put millions into a club then you want control and say about what happens.

I am surprised that they would put money in to start with without getting rid of the football and leagues club clowns as a trade off.

byso link said:
How large is the Penn fortune though. can't continue for ever. $2 mill is hardly enough for the Sea eagles. Considering Delmege initially for forked out $4 mill, and gave considerable sponsor dollars when the club couldn't get one.

They sold Weight Watchers over a decade ago for $60m+ and have invested wisely since.

Now that their exclusion period from that business they have started the Biggest Loser Club online that must surely be a big money spinner, regardless of the economic climate.  Tied to a high rating TV show as it is.

Scott went to Knox - might explain why he is intelligent and articulate. 

really the football club should have 1 share the prefrence one
thats all they need the one that controls our colours, name and where we play a min of 0 games a year.

Cliffy Gc link said:
really the football club should have 1 share the prefrence one
thats all they need the one that controls our colours, name and where we play a min of 0 games a year.
I agree with that Cliffy under the current financial arrangements. When Penn puts in the same amount as Max (>$4M) then he has a more solid ground from which to get support.

"Scott went to Knox, that explains why he's intelligent".  You're a snob Matas, pure and simple.  It might also explain why he weaseled his way in after Delmege had done all the heavy lifting.   

DSM5 - it is easy to make simplistic claims - noone can tell me why a very successful CEO has suddenly not been reappointed, after a grand final. Surely there is something very suspicious going on, especially given the history of interference by certain sponsors/benefactors in the past and Monasgate and Hoppasgate??  Maybe certain 'heroes' are not as squeaky clean as they appear or have ulterior motives?

Matabele link said:
Scott went to Knox - might explain why he is intelligent and articulate. 

His Knox experience will also be handy if there are any smallgoods looking for an orifice to reside in.

Canteen.  Call me old fashioned but if I was putting in millions into the club I'd certainly want to interfere and have some say in proceedings.  However my comment was directed at Matabele who inferred that somehow 'intelligence and articulation' reside in the products of private schools, a simplistic claim that surely you wouldn't agree with.  On Meyer, it seems that he fell on his own sword for some reason, perhaps prematurely, who knows, and maybe, hopefully, he will stay on after October.  Don't get us all restarted on Monas and Hoppas please.  Delmege is a true Manly hero, without his millions we wouldn't be in the comp full stop.

Delmege saved the club and I am grateful for that. However your next comment is much of the problems
DSM5 link said:
Canteen.  Call me old fashioned but if I was putting in millions into the club I'd certainly want to interfere and have some say in proceedings. 
Is he a sponsor or director or CEO? I have been on a council of a multi-million dollar organisation and so know a little of the wheelings and dealings that can take place - it appears that some think there should be strings attached.

This all stinks of relating not to the past but to the present and future. There appears to be a lot behind the scenes on this, it seems to involve pettiness and personal stuff, totally unrelated to the good and sensible running of a football club.

Anyone whose agenda is not totally focussed on the progress of our club into the future can go as far as I am concerned and I don't care who they are or how much they have given or taken in the past. Mayer has impressed me and a lot of people and it can only be madness that would lead some on the board to want to dispense with him. The board members who are supposed to represent the platform of protecting the club's interest, keeping it at Brookie and staying maroon and white, have in my view, failed to stand up for what is right and proper in protecting a CEO who is prepared not to be a puppet to certain parties or kow-tow to irrelevancies.

Canteen, my guess is  that Delmege is a sponsor and director.  You seem to know what's what and who's at fault here.  Moreso than I, that's for sure.  Good for you to stick up for some and bag others through innuendo.  That would have to assume you've got all the inside oil and are non partisan after sifting the bones.  If the Penns get total control, and you seem to favour that faction, and move us all to the Central Coast, I guess that'd be progress in your eyes.  Maybe, just maybe, Mayer might not be the squeaky clean messiah that you all see. 

DSM5 link said:
Canteen, my guess is  that Delmege is a sponsor and director.  You seem to know what's what and who's at fault here.  Moreso than I, that's for sure.  Good for you to stick up for some and bag others through innuendo.  That would have to assume you've got all the inside oil and are non partisan after sifting the bones.  If the Penns get total control, and you seem to favour that faction, and move us all to the Central Coast, I guess that'd be progress in your eyes.  Maybe, just maybe, Mayer might not be the squeaky clean messiah that you all see.  
you are a fool
NO ONE CAN MOVE US TO CENTRAL COAST WITHOUT THE FOOTBALL CLUBS APPROVAL

They own the preference share that controls our name, colours and home ground.

Disregarding the money apparently owed by Delmege this "political fight" seems to be about a move to the CC which may be supported by the Penns'. I don't know this but it is just my take on this ugly mess.

If that is the case then what would be their reasoning that they would succeed in that option. In a million years the voting FC members would not allow their preferential vote to be used in that manner and it would seem to me that could be the only possible motive of the 2 FC members at the now infamous board meeting.

What is the "political nature" of this fight?, does anyone know?

At this stage I have severe concerns as to why the FC board members voted the way they did, but without knowing what the full political nature of this brawl is, a public execution of them may be a bit premature, however if it is about "old boys" protecting their own personal interests I would volunteer to be the executioner as on the surface they are not smelling to good at the moment.

There is a missing piece to this puzzle, and the supporters, and particularly the FC members are owed an explanation.

Corso_Pete link said:
At this stage I have severe concerns as to why the FC board members voted the way they did, but without knowing what the full political nature of this brawl is, a public execution of them may be a bit premature...
If we move to the CC, then I'll be sharpening up my axe!

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=179153.msg207016#msg207016 date=1234654676]
At this stage I have severe concerns as to why the FC board members voted the way they did, but without knowing what the full political nature of this brawl is, a public execution of them may be a bit premature...
If we move to the CC, then I'll be sharpening up my axe!
[/quote]  The Penns have no intention to relocate the club to the CC - why would they, they're peninsula through and through.

The CC talk is just a front by an aged brigade with vested interests who thing the football club can still be run with socials and sausage sizzles and don't like the move to professionalism and KPIs that Mayer has instituted. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8