Melbourne about to be found out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yea I don't mind Melbourne there a pretty good side and the rivalry is good for the game. It's a funny thing this rivalry, I used to hate parramatta and western suburbs in the mid 70s because of the heated rivalry but now I like them clubs even more because of the great competition they gave us and we them. I really do miss them days of great rivalry because that's what makes the game interesting and it sells. I remember Roy masters well as he used to be my geography teacher at downside high school when he was coaching western suburbs in around 78. He didn't like me very much because I supported manly and he despised manly and brain washed the club into thinking that the manly players thought that they were better people than themselves. Roy was full of ****.money talks and bull**** walks and that's what Roy did. He walked. Melbourne are definitely not like that they are a great side and had crooks running it. They paid the price in the end but for me that was not personal and I don't hold grudges. Remember money talks and bull**** walks.

Many teams have schoolboys that amount to nothing now that is stretching it big time.

My comment "I dont understand the deep seated hatred of Melbourne" was not asking the question to people it was in relation to myself being blind or not understanding the mentality of the common fan.

I just dont simply get how people get so worked up over matters beyond their control especially if you look deeper into the issues--- it sickens me many other clubs are getting away with it and in time many people are going to look like fools when the truth emerges.

At least i dont question others about being a true supporter or a real supporter or your an embarrassment etc etc---i dont bag players or the Coach but i do mention their weak points with at least an attempt to be constructive.

I never stated Manly have busted the cap---i have stated looking at our past playing rosters suggests to me in my own opinion that we have some creative accountants that are able to juggle the books in a manner that keeps us under the cap beyond the abilities of every other club within the law. Third party deals are your only chance to accumulate such a squad(in my opinion) and we all know most Sydney clubs are not really attractive enough to garner such interest.(and once again i have taken into account front loading back loading was the player on the rise and undervalued due to initial length of contract etc etc)

Hey if its legal its legal and so be it does not stop me from making observations and coming to my own conclusions "without any facts" but with a "good understanding" on how things work.

I enjoy learning the technical parts of the game from many coaches Des,Bellamy,Sheens,Gould etc and appreciate the raising of standards Manly and Melbourne have offered its been beautiful to watch---if that makes me a Melbourne fan and an embarrassing Manly fan so be it.

Jonesyv2 said:
Cambo said:
Technical Coach said:
I dont understand the deep seated hatred of Melbourne---i'm fine with the strong rilvary and there is no other game i look forward to more than watching Manly vs the Storm but this hatred is beyond ridiculous.

We all know their forward pack is not strong, we all know they will struggle during Origin and all the away games they have coming up and will either bottom out the 8 or just miss out. If the "big 3" stay injury free they will always be competitive even with an average squad combined with Bellamy and his trademark discipline and simple effective efficient structures of play you would be silly to write them off.

Be thankful and cherish the quality and improved standard of League Manly and Melbourne have delivered far beyond some of the games delivered at the moment.

As we have seen this year many teams have been found out busting the cap not of a deliberate nature(or the small amounts "suggest" not deliberate) but if weaker playing squads than our own in the past are struggling to stay under it also offers an insight to the other side.
Are you f***en serious. I paid almost $900 to go and watch manly play in a gf in 2007 that wasn't a fair fight because those filthy thieving bastards were 900k over the cap. If it wasn't for those bastards we would have premierships no 7. Good enough reason to hate those Rex hunts if u ask me.

If it makes you feel any better Cambo, I sold 8 Category 1 tickets (4 x 2) in 2009 on ebay for $650-900 a pair all to Melbourne storm fans.
Winning!!!!! ;)

TC with back ending of deals etc i think it is difficult to get a clear understanding of a teams salary cap position

Agree that there are teams bending the rules however i do not think it is as cut and dried as we might think

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8