Membership Drive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Larrissa are you able/allowed to upload the clips from the club onto YouTube
As we could reach a wider audience there

At this stage we do not have a Sea Eagles YouTube channel.

Rachael & the media team look after this area so would need to approve any video content directly associated with the Club.

Mals said:
If there are Manly supporters out there that don't know that membership is available I would question how genuine their support is. For all it's faults the NRL has put ads on TV & radio often about football club memberships. On the MWSE site the membership link is staring you in the face when you hit the landing page so unless you are living under a rock I fail to see how you wouldn't be aware they are available.

I agree with many on here, the membership options that are now available compared to say 5 years ago are much improved.

I was really refering to rural towns where not everyone uses the internet as much, fans I spoke to here are mostly cockies (farmers) that are not big IT users.

Regional newspapers dont carry any ads from the NRL neither do local radio stations.

I dont think its very fair to be questioning how genuine a fan someone is just because they are not member.

Not all Manly fans can afford it and when you consider what it costs to take a family to the footy these days, it can often be a choice between membership or going to a game. I realise some packages have entry included, however they dont suit everyone and there are other costs involved.

When we go to games at Brookie, it costs around $500 by time we pay for a motel, fuel, food etc and not to mention traveling 6 hours each way and yes we are members but if we were not, no one would dare question that we are not genuine fans.

Listen up guys n gals,

Probably some of the best sporting clips to get your blood pumping on youtube I've ever seen have been done by this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xEvolu7ioNx#p/a/u/0/azzzSxHroJE

He's a Vancouver canuck (ice hockey) fan (as am I) and even if you don't follow the game, if you watch some of his clips and don't get goose bumps then call the morgue as you're dead.

Not sure if he'd do one for us but if he could get the material, we'd get an awesome clip back.

Go Manly!

Cowboys take lead heading into final day of Renewal Race

The North Queensland Cowboys have taken the lead heading into the final day of the 2012 NRL Club Membership Renewal race.

After the Warriors dominated the first two weeks of the competition, the Townsville based Cowboys have slowly chipped away to have 73% of their members renewed for next year when numbers were provided heading into the weekend.

The Warriors at that stage were at 72%, and the Cowboys most likely challengers unless either the Sea Eagles (58%), Broncos (59%) or Rabbitohs (52%) can get a massive surge before midnight tonight.

6455864893_c4edeeed82_z.jpg

That's because there is nothing else to do in Townsville. No wonder they get such high renewal rates.

I think consodering what has gone on since the Grand Final we have done pretty well

Chip and Chase said:
That's because there is nothing else to do in Townsville. No wonder they get such high renewal rates.

The Cowboys also do late night TV advertising to help with their recruitment drive too. I saw one last night on WIN (I think that was the channel) up here at Hervey Bay.

Is there anything to do where the Titans come from?? Didn't they have one of, if not the biggest membership surges last year?

No surprise from the Cowboys. Their base number for 2011 was low, on the back of the various flooding/cyclone issues leading into the season, meaning far less regulars took up their memberships.

This year is simply a return to their regular numbers. Good on 'em.

By the sounds of it Newcastle could be the big improvers this year in terms of memberships.

Could have more ticketed members then Souths and the Swans!
Hopefully we're taking notes on how they are doing it!

Tinkler has cut match day tickets...which would have a huge impact

I just rened myself and my sons memberships, and i joined my wife and my 2 daughters aswell, lets hope that all of the members thinking about joining our great club put their money where their mouth is and help to keep us strong financially for the future.
go you eagles back to back 2012 here we come.

Might be easy for people in the metro area to get info on memberships.Most of the regional channels don't do any NRL membership info,from what I've seen.If you're not internet savvy,or don't know someone who is a member,you may never even have heard of/considered m'ship if you're in the bush.I've spoken to a lot of Manly supporters,and they get individual tickets for games,and have never heard of membership until I've tried to explain it.Let's face it,if Manly wasn't in strife,or some sort of drama,we wouldn't get any press outside the metro area!

ayjay007 said:
Might be easy for people in the metro area to get info on memberships.Most of the regional channels don't do any NRL membership info,from what I've seen.If you're not internet savvy,or don't know someone who is a member,you may never even have heard of/considered m'ship if you're in the bush.I've spoken to a lot of Manly supporters,and they get individual tickets for games,and have never heard of membership until I've tried to explain it.Let's face it,if Manly wasn't in strife,or some sort of drama,we wouldn't get any press outside the metro area!

Thank you, finally someone else sees the same thing. I wrote to Graham Lowe before he left telling him the same, surprise surpise I got no reply. It is an untapped market perhaps it is something that could be looked at.

Ill Sign up ! Get me and my old man some memberships ! A few years ago going to a game was doing your part for the club, with the way finance runs these days the only way to go is to get a membership to help your club out !

Earnie the Eagle said:
ayjay007 said:

Thank you, finally someone else sees the same thing. I wrote to Graham Lowe before he left telling him the same, surprise surpise I got no reply. It is an untapped market perhaps it is something that could be looked at.

It could be a good idea to pass on your comments to Larissa. Things seem more proactive since she has come on board. And I'm sure our new CEO would love to explore more ways to generate revenue.

Hi guys,

I have read your comments regarding advertising membership in regional areas.

Please be assured we are looking at ways we can get the message out there to those who aren't technology savvy. Unfortunately these exercises are fairly costly when compared to posting information on social media, or utilising the NRL's advertising campaigns.

Thanks for all your feedback. Hopefully we can make some improvements to get the message out there to as many Manly fans as possible. Remember, our best way of spreading the word is through you guys. Word of mouth is just as important as flashy advertising campaigns!

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

I have read your comments regarding advertising membership in regional areas.

Please be assured we are looking at ways we can get the message out there to those who aren't technology savvy. Unfortunately these exercises are fairly costly when compared to posting information on social media, or utilising the NRL's advertising campaigns.

Thanks for all your feedback. Hopefully we can make some improvements to get the message out there to as many Manly fans as possible. Remember, our best way of spreading the word is through you guys. Word of mouth is just as important as flashy advertising campaigns!

Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks Larissa.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7