Membership Drive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
Flat out and don't normally renew to the new year but looks like I need to get off my butt. Soon!!

Pull your finger out :argue:

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

I have read your comments regarding advertising membership in regional areas.

Please be assured we are looking at ways we can get the message out there to those who aren't technology savvy. Unfortunately these exercises are fairly costly when compared to posting information on social media, or utilising the NRL's advertising campaigns.

Thanks for all your feedback. Hopefully we can make some improvements to get the message out there to as many Manly fans as possible. Remember, our best way of spreading the word is through you guys. Word of mouth is just as important as flashy advertising campaigns!

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa,do you have some business cards you could post me,with membership numbers/details on them?.I could hand a few out around here.No guarantees,but even 1 or 2 won over is a victory.Aaron Markie sent me 10 or 20 a few years ago,but they have been lost in transit.Email me at [email protected]

Hey there,

Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Do you mind emailing me at [email protected]?

Just easier to keep track of the requests if I have an email to remind me.

Thanks heaps & Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa,

I would be happy to spread the word around the southern tablelands just let me know what I can do to help.

Perhaps it time to use volunteers as part of a membership drive, I would be confident is saying you would get plenty.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Larissa,

I would be happy to spread the word around the southern tablelands just let me know what I can do to help.

Perhaps it time to use volunteers as part of a membership drive, I would be confident is saying you would get plenty.

Forget Larissa,help me get plenty....I'm not getting any....lol

Earnie the Eagle said:
Larissa,

This is actually an awesome idea.

I'll post a thread in a few days once I've nutted out a plan. Would you mind dropping me a line to [email protected] to help me with some logistical questions?

Cheers,

Lsrissa

Larissa said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Larissa,

This is actually an awesome idea.
I'll post a thread in a few days once I've nutted out a plan. Would you mind dropping me a line to [email protected] to help me with some logistical questions?
Cheers,

Lsrissa

You spelt your own name wrong! na na na....

Anyway.... It's great to hear members really wanting to help out membership wise. I too was one who didn't know about memberships in general. The $65 one was perfect for me this year as I'm o/s. I didnt join the f.c as I just didn't realise what it was about. I'd still join now if I knew how to do it from here.

As for advertising, I remember from my days in the northern rivers area...tv wasn't to prohibitive. It's be good to get some of our members to do a basic tv ad. [e.g. 2011...earn your wings. "I'm a member" - with shots of actual members etc]. I remember reading how some members on here have mucho $$$ but we cant ask them to bankroll ads (a pity).

So I guess as has been already said, it's up to all of us to encourage people to renew or join. The club does a good job with the phone recordings of players asking us to renew. Maybe at training days volunteers could rome around and ask people to join up.

Ahhh I guess now I'm just rambling, that's what the cold does.

Keep up the good work!

How about an "I'm a member, how about you?", type campaign, with shots of members from all around the country and in the case of globaleagle and kiwieagle, the globe.?
Not sure how it'd work but...

Clint said:
How about an "I'm a member, how about you?", type campaign, with shots of members from all around the country and in the case of globaleagle and kiwieagle, the globe.?

Great idea Clint, inexpensive as well. My son is currently in Afghanistan and I will ask him to get a photo in his Manly Jersey and post it here when I get it. Perhaps the Manly Club website could allocate some space for people to add the photos, of course under scrutiny we dont want any naughty ones, do we?

Larissa,

Any chance we can get an updated figure of where the membership numbers are at? The number on the website seems to be the same as what it was at least a week and a half ago.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Clint said:

Great idea Clint, inexpensive as well. My son is currently in Afghanistan and I will ask him to get a photo in his Manly Jersey and post it here when I get it. Perhaps the Manly Club website could allocate some space for people to add the photos, of course under scrutiny we dont want any naughty ones, de we?

How about a "I'm a country member" campaign. We could get Des to be the face of it.

How about a "I'm a country member" campaign. We could get Des to be the face of it.
[/quote]

Very funny C and C. And we remember.

Larissa said:
The number was updated yesterday.

Cheers,

Larissa

Thanks Larissa. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I can see 4,583 on the website, the same number that was posted on another forum on 28/11 (and the only number I've seen since I started checking around the same time).

firechild said:
Larissa said:
The number was updated yesterday.

Cheers,

Larissa

Thanks Larissa. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I can see 4,583 on the website, the same number that was posted on another forum on 28/11 (and the only number I've seen since I started checking around the same time).

Its definitely up to date. Might need to refresh your browser.

What other forum by the way? Is there another place i should be spreading the love?

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:
Its definitely up to date. Might need to refresh your browser.

What other forum by the way? Is there another place i should be spreading the love?

Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks for that. It seems that when I use IE the updated number appears but with Firefox it still shows 4583.

The other forum is leagueunlimited, just a place for fans of different teams to abuse each other and talk rubbish.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6