Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The home ground at ANZ did come into my thinking but i wasn't sure how much they were paid to play there. I've always been against a relocation for the Eagles, even though Bluetongue is 10mins from my house or SFS/ANZ have larger capacities but I'm with you DSM, we need a modern stadium on the peninsula, whether it be on the current Brooky land, or Rat Park, Manly Oval etc it needs to happen. I would hate to see all Sydney teams playing out of ANZ stadium, bt it could be a possibility down the track.

MissKate link said:
I don't really care about the hat, the club can stick it where the sun don't shine.  Just more poor form from the club.

So it's more just an opportunity to have a crack at them than anything else.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300412345[/time]

Gazza link said:
The home ground at ANZ did come into my thinking but i wasn't sure how much they were paid to play there. I've always been against a relocation for the Eagles, even though Bluetongue is 10mins from my house or SFS/ANZ have larger capacities but I'm with you DSM, we need a modern stadium on the peninsula, whether it be on the current Brooky land, or Rat Park, Manly Oval etc it needs to happen. I would hate to see all Sydney teams playing out of ANZ stadium, bt it could be a possibility down the track.

As long as the modern stadium is half hill, has bench seating around the perimeter and kids can ride empty beer cases down the back of the hill, I'm all for it.

DSM5 link said:
Hey Duff.  Have you been to AAMI?

No, I'm with NRMA.

No mate I haven't but I've been to SFS, Gosford, Homebush & Parra and I hate them all.

Leichhardt & Kogarah are acceptable to me.

Go on DSM, try to convince me it's not just another plastic & concrete monstrosity.

SilentBob link said:
Common sense would say it is worth it seeing as every club is pushing it pretty hard, I don't think they would be so keen if it was not advantageous for themselves. If they are losing money and not getting any benefit from it then we have 16 very stupid clubs.

There is a point that will give you the best revenue from your sales, if you have halved the price of membership given that costs havnt halved you have more than halved the actual profit a membership makes we need to more than double membership to make the new price a better option.

Happy to praise and thank anyone when it is due and entitled to bag anyone when it is due also.

MissKate link said:
Happy to praise and thank anyone when it is due and entitled to bag anyone when it is due also.

Ok, don't get me started on the word "entitled" & how it is the cause of everything wrong with Manly fans..................

StartYaBastard.jpg
?

The main point with the Bulldogs and ANZ stadium is that they have about 60,000 unused seats every match. If they sell 5000 of these for $100 for the season that's $500,000 they get when they otherwise would have made nothing. They lose nothing out of this approach.

And it won't upset the sponsor of the ground "ANZ" to have that thrown around in conversation and media every week a little more!

Bradza link said:
The main point with the Bulldogs and ANZ stadium is that they have about 60,000 unused seats every match. If they sell 5000 of these for $100 for the season that's $500,000 they get when they otherwise would have made nothing. They lose nothing out of this approach.

No, those are the people who would've been there anyway but now they get in really cheap. The empty seats are still there, the full ones are worth less.

Duff mate, I love Brooky as you know.  What worries me is that having visited all the grounds where the NRL play, the state of Brookvale will see us out of the comp.  All they have to say is that each club must play out of a stadium that seats say 7000, and we're stuffed. 

DSM5 link said:
Duff mate, I love Brooky as you know.  What worries me is that having visited all the grounds where the NRL play, the state of Brookvale will see us out of the comp.  All they have to say is that each club must play out of a stadium that seats say 7000, and we're stuffed. 

Have to agree there.I just wonder how Penrith's and Tiger's (both grounds) go with their seating capacity.

DSM5 link said:

But the only reason they would say that would be to "get" us.

If they want to get us, they will. You could make up any reason to target any club. You could say each club must have at least 6 junior clubs in their territory, then the Roosters are stuffed. Why would they do it though?

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186917.msg324400#msg324400 date=1300424688]

Have to agree there.I just wonder how Penrith's and Tiger's (both grounds) go with their seating capacity.
[/quote]

Penrith has heaps of seating, especially with the upgrades in the past 5 years.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6