MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Board Issues

WHY!!!!!!!

This has become an annual event, board room troubles in manly boardroom. I am sick and tired of reading about the board, Why does the board have to detract from our on field performance.

Really disappointed, once again!!! I support my team, not this rabble in a board room. The only thing this rabble have the potential of doing is burying the club.

RE: Board Issues

WHY and HOW does everything that happens in the boardroom get played out in the Telecrap....Sometimes I wish we had a Russell Crowe who just loves the team, not themselves

Frogz said:
WHY and HOW does everything that happens in the boardroom get played out in the Telecrap....Sometimes I wish we had a Russell Crowe who just loves the team, not themselves

I think you'll find that Russell Crowe does quite love himself and is a 'my way or the highway' kind of bloke. He just holds all the Aces - $$$$$$$, which is way more than any of our fellas have.

On a positive Penn is a smart man, right on cue before the finals , he is repating history. I am more than confident of back to back premierships now.

Djokovic won australian open 2011 and 2012
Wolfaman got injured and missed the finals in the same corresponding round as last year
Board is stuffing around about the same time as last year
My brother in laws wife was preggers this time last year, and again this year
Just put your house on it.

There are too many things repeating themselves this year like last.

Manly will be premiers in 2012...

Knowing no one and having no insider knowledge I can say this without bias.

I don't know who is right Reilly / Zorba / Penn / Quantum etc however to bring legal action because 'The right guy got appointed but not in the exact way we wanted' seems really petty.

Storm in a tea cup. Seriously who gives a rats. Just the DT trying to stir the pot as per usual. I think we have proved that these types of distractions don't effect the players in the slightest

I am amazed at the wild speculation that goes on here. I have no idea what is really going on and quite frankly I just don't care. This will not affect the team and nor should it. The club is financially strong now and the playing group and coaching staff are the best in the comp so just be happy.

I do KNOW one thing. Scott Penn is a thoroughly decent man who loves the Eagles with a passion. I suggest those on here who are banging on at every opportunity to blame the Penn Family for any Board ruckus, have a bias in all of this for their own reasons.

The best thing we could all do when we see these stories is to just ignore them.

Just remember guys - Josh Massoud has been known to "elaborate" and make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to all things manly. He had Brett Stewart guilty as charged. He had Steve Matai at The Warriors. He had Kieran Foran at The Bulldogs.

The bloke is a true blue manly hater.

I'd take this article as it is. An attempt by a petty little man to stir trouble just in time for the finals.

I won't buy a paper this bloke, or Paul Kent write in. For that reason, I'm disappointed I lost a minute or two reading his garbage, because I have turned him off.

I suggest we all do the same. These things only get inflamed as much as we allow it to. Lets just rise above it guys.

Remember - all that matters is B2B. We just re-signed Brett, Matai, Taufua, Foran, DCE, Ballin, Buhrer, and a host of young NYC kids (very highly ranked).

The other stuff is mundane and boring. Bring on the footy ! Thank gaawd it's Fridee.....Manly vs. Titans.....mouth watering.

Ryan said:
Just remember guys - Josh Massoud has been known to "elaborate" and make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to all things manly. He had Brett Stewart guilty as charged. He had Steve Matai at The Warriors. He had Kieran Foran at The Bulldogs.

The bloke is a true blue manly hater.

I'd take this article as it is. An attempt by a petty little man to stir trouble just in time for the finals.

I won't buy a paper this bloke, or Paul Kent write in. For that reason, I'm disappointed I lost a minute or two reading his garbage, because I have turned him off.

I suggest we all do the same. These things only get inflamed as much as we allow it to. Lets just rise above it guys.

Remember - all that matters is B2B. We just re-signed Brett, Matai, Taufua, Foran, DCE, Ballin, Buhrer, and a host of young NYC kids (very highly ranked).

The other stuff is mundane and boring. Bring on the footy ! Thank gaawd it's Fridee.....Manly vs. Titans.....mouth watering.

Very good post Ryan.

I'm over all this crap too.

As jbb/james said they've thrown all the toys out of the cot.

Beat me to it Ryan. 'Mountains out of Mole Hills' was the exact term I was going to use. Boardroom stuff goes on at every club, but The Daily Telegraph will always make sure the Manly stuff is in the paper. Manly have won two premierships and are favorites for a third while these supposed board room dramas have been going on so who cares if it continues in this vain? All I care about is on field results. We are winning on the field so I couldn't give a stuff what's happening off it.

Onya Ryan, although I do not know why you read the article to start with. I just skimmed over it as my eyes glazed over thinking this is more of the same and I have no idea what is true or not.

It's hardly newsworthy!

It's privatised constitution crap.
Who cares?
It has nothing to do with Rugby League.

It's just the Tele-crap trying to stir more hatred against the Premiers.

Sounds like business as usual at MWSE, augurs well for B2B.

We should seriously ask for a sponsorship from News Ltd, if they didn't have Manly around who would they speculate about.

I got as far as from the Daily telegraph bit then stopped reading as its probably not true

I am just surprised this was not in the SMH - we all knew there was going to be a serve from the "other" side post the Bob comments

Am guessing we can not blame this one on Zorba?

Who knows what to believe. I just hope Perry stick solid with Manly. He's been great for us and it would be a sad day if we lost him.

Sounds like it WAMF - the only constant has been the board (regardless of where you think the "blame" is)

I know it will not be popular but, regardless of the money that Des was offered, you are kidding yourself if the dysfunctional nature of our board did not significantly impact upon his decision to leave

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8