(Merged Thread) T Rex Charged with Grade 4, 7-10 Weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: T Rex Charged with Grade 4, 7-10 Weeks

I just watched it again and it is a tackle unlike any I have seen before, it's lucky he didn't land on his head. T-Rex isn't a dirty player just doesn't know his own strength!
Lets hope Buhrer really steps up now and in 7 weeks when we get the big fella back we are going along nicely.

anthonyb1965 said:
If it was "this bad", why wasn't T-Rex sent off??

It was a good point made on FOX SPORTS after the game. Cronulla don't benefit from the dangerous tackle but all the teams in the weeks ahead do.

Maybe the ref gave him some benefit of the doubt, or it was all too quick to make a judgement, but a send off could have occurred for sure.

susan said:
no is probably the answer wheel.i also reckon the massive mismatch in size between rex and degois has worked heavily against the big man.it is a real shame because rex has proved a lot of people wrong including myself and done a lot of work to get to the edge of origin selection- and it all goes in one moment of unintended madness.

I've always thought he'd come good and the fact Des played him on the wing for a few seasons to get him grounded as it were was clever. He was always destined to the second row with his size and agility.

The challenge for 2V is to work on the tackling style to maybe use more of a smothering technique and get rid of the throw.

Also thought we went to him too much in the game last night, relying on his size. I'd have liked to see him as the dummy runner and go to another player.

yep we can go to him a bit much at times.he is such a menace to the defence that it is always tempting to hand him the ball too much particularly when the other pigs are getting hammered like last night.he has to treat this a nasty lesson and fix his tackling style-he has shown he can learn previously so should not be too tough an ask.at least it did not happen late in the season.plenty of time to make amends.

I thought loading was only applied to similar incidents?

QLDers thought Dave Taylor was hard done by last year missing 6 matches. I thougth T-Rex was similar to that in terms of how dangerous it could have been.

I really hope he does not get 7-10 for this. It was not deliberate it was careless I have no doubt we will challenege the grading - you guys think there is any chance getting it down to say 3-4 weeks i think that is a reasonable sentence also including the carry over points.

RE: T-Rex is in trouble

MadMarcus said:
When I saw it I thought it would be 2-3 weeks for the tackle plus 1 week loading for being a Manly player.

Sorry guys, I think I underestimated the Manly loading and forgot the Premiers loading...

MadMarcus said:
MadMarcus said:
When I saw it I thought it would be 2-3 weeks for the tackle plus 1 week loading for being a Manly player.

Sorry guys, I think I underestimated the Manly loading and forgot the Premiers loading...

Yes but we are apllying for a 50% reduction in sentence because the bloke being thrown was a midget. :D

The Indian said:
MadMarcus said:
MadMarcus said:

Yes but we are apllying for a 50% reduction in sentence because the bloke being thrown was a midget. :D

The height v weight v girth ratio % factor

bones said:
He has carry over points from two prior incidents. A high shot in the GF qualifier against the Broncos last year and another one in the four nations. That's why it seems a harsh penalty.

Carry over points can only add a week at most Bones. 100 points = 1 Week suspension so he cant have any more than 99 carry over points.

Its the 20% loading for a non similar incident that adds the extra and that was for the 4 Nations Charge.

He has been charged with a Grade 4 which with the 20% loading is 870 points or 8 weeks. Add the carry over points which gives you another week assuming he has more than 30 (lets say 70) so thats 940 points = 9 weeks.

Deduct 25% if he pleads guilty and that takes you down to 705 or 7 weeks.

So his carry over points must be somewhere between 70 and 99.

Clear as mud?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I've got supercoach depression

Tell me about it BE

Parker
Fensom
Hurrell
Williams
Tolman (Did he get charged??)

Who's next......

clontaago said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
I've got supercoach depression

Tell me about it BE

Parker
Fensom
Hurrell
Williams
Tolman (Did he get charged??)

Who's next......

Dugan, Gifty, Hayne, Gordon, Gidley. Some big names have fallen by the wayside.

Thanks a lot Geoff...Bellew...for stepping down, he would've won!

In seriousness though, T-Rex has to do something about the body slams. If he was tackling Gallen with that tackle it would've been sweet, but someone like Gardner and who knows.
Like everyone says he doesn't know his strength and size/height. Feel sorry for the guy, he was just settling into the forwards and now he'll be missing a while.

Damn shame to be without the big guy.
It was a weird tackle but I think TRex is only guilty of being careless and bloody huge. Bet he was a 13 pound baby - poor Mrs Williams.
No malice and I think the conditions out there contributed to the slipperyness of the situation.
Hopefully the coaching staff can teach him some new ways to tackle while he's resting up.

I feel sorry for Tony, too. Being the nice, genial bloke he is, I'm sure he's devastated. But it's nice to hear the Shark's coach and Paul Gallen come out in support for the big guy.
I'm also astounded that point from the Four Nations tournament carry over to the NRL judiciary - a completely separate competition for which he's already done his time.

Absolute bollocks.
I'd give him a high five and 3 Dally M points for that tackle.

No danger to DeGois except winding him. Perfectly executed smashing.

To punish this so heavily is to trivialise the danger of actually harmful tackles. If some dick comes out and spear tackles someone next round and get their 12 weeks, it looks pretty leniant compared to 10 weeks for a bit of a rough up.

Big penalties have to be spared for dangerous stuff, they can't be normalised by being mixed in with something as sweet as Tony's smasher. Frank the tank actually knocked a bloke out and only got one week.

How long since someone received 7 weeks or more?

Yes, I realise there are carry over points but to say thats the worst tackle in years is a joke. There was no injury whatsoever.

For goodness sake there were worse tackles last week with deliberate smacks to the head that injured players. The two hits against the Tigers were far worse in my opinion and the hit on Marshall had him dazed and he had no further impact on the game.

Funny that we are playing Saints this week and they got off light.

Have to challenge.

eggson said:
Thanks a lot Geoff...Bellew...for stepping down, he would've won!

In seriousness though, T-Rex has to do something about the body slams. If he was tackling Gallen with that tackle it would've been sweet, but someone like Gardner and who knows.
Like everyone says he doesn't know his strength and size/height. Feel sorry for the guy, he was just settling into the forwards and now he'll be missing a while.

Technique change needed. Make it a javelin throw towards the opponents try line. But not over the goal posts or the end line.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4