Mid season slump or.......?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weigh it up!

You can't just pick all the games that Orford steered the team to a loss and then forget games like Storm, Raiders ect.

Same as we can't bag Moanghan anymore without considering the chip kick against the Dogs or his drop goal last season against the eels.

Its not about Orford or Monas, if Monas had been half in the last few weeks we would not have won. The problem is we are not working well as a team and are doing the fundamenals poorly, dropped balls, poor passes and missed tackles, there is no urgency in our play.

Fark!! I had a post put together but i ****ed it up.

It doews remind me of 2005 because the half seems to wilt under the pressure. Orfords kicking game is **** at the moment. He really should give it off to Monas or Burns. But he doesn't. I think this team needs some more cohesion in the halves.
6 Monas
7 Orford
9 Ballin
14 Burns

Garts you are so right. As well as the little problems you highlighted, the one that worries me is the seeming lack of a game plan. They were all the rage a couple of seasons ago but I can't see one in our play now. This 'barge up the middle' is OK if you have the cattle to barge up but clearly we don't. Wide running backrowers just clutter up the backline imo and only steer us across field. We have some little small guys, aka Ox, Burns, Ballin so why not use them to scoot up and catch some lazy defenders, especially in the second half of a game. OK, across field running was on on doen their right side Sunday but not used. Why wasn't the message sent out? All of us on the hill saw the possibilities, why didn't the brains trust? A truly wasted op.

I'd imagine most sides keep to a fairly simple game plan when they rush in 5-6 new players for one week.

Dunno Matas, we havent had a game plan at all for the last month so i spose it can't get any simpler than that.

Orford, do sweet FA for 70 minutes, throw in a last ditch effort in the last little while so his suporters can say "oh he tried hard" most of the day all he did was stand there and look like a traffic cop and shake his head at temamates.

Burns. Yes i'll catch the ball, shape to pass then step off the right and then head back into the ruck.

Monaghan. pick up the ball at dummy half, take 2 steps then decide nothing is happening cause hes so slow, either take it back into the ruck or give orford nothing to deal with.

Menzies. 3 simple words, HOLD THE BALL. and when you drop it dont just look at it.

Finekawhateverhis name is, there are other things in a gym except weights and mirrors, too fat to big, too slow, back to PL for you biggun.

Bryant. you are not Benji Marshall, you do not try big steps in the air, its easy meathead, put it under your arm and run towards the big set of posts.

Watmough. yes origin is over, you didnt get picked, FFS go back to playing like you did at the beginning of the year not last season.

Monaghan. pick up the ball at dummy half, take 2 steps then decide nothing is happening cause hes so slow, either take it back into the ruck or give orford nothing to deal with.

Be careful. Saying horrible things against the perfect half and saviour of Manly will have you lynched by the slavering mob. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

And your point is???

I'm not fussed, I said horrible things about all 3 "playmakers" after yesterday, lucky Lyon wasnt there or he would have stuffed it as badly.

My point is that it seems many here have lost perspective - their desire appears to be to run 17 Monaghans onto the field and seept eh Premierships.

Telstra Stadium would look like it had been invaded by aliens.

No, No one wants 17 Monoghans out there.

I personally want Monoghan to go to 7 until Ox pulls his finger out which I don't see happening anytime soon.

It will be this weekend Nutz...and while he hasn't been performing to the BEST of his ability, it will be great to hear everyone keep quiet about him !!

My point is that it seems many here have lost perspective - their desire appears to be to run 17 Monaghans onto the field and seept eh Premierships.

Telstra Stadium would look like it had been invaded by aliens.

Not 17 Monagahans, but 17 blokes with his passion and commitement to the cause would be awesome, almost unbeatable

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8