Missed the top 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welcome Brian

And BULL****

32-30 and probably the most exciting game of the year, Snake, Wolfie and big George pulled at the last minute...**** me dead mate what do you want??

I am pumped, happy and over the moon at the last 4 games..our future is great, and yes we "might" not make the top 4 but our team is playing with HEART....and it's been 3 years since we have seen this.

Might be a better idea to be more positive with your next post...but again welcome.

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
mate we were 0-4 to start 2008 and finished second in the regular season.

not that we'd go top four anyway

2008 was 0-2. It was 2009 when we were 0-4.

WOW!  Talk about copping a caning!

Firstly, don't need any abuse hurled at me thanks very much. 

I wasn't crying, whingeing or being negative.  I was just stating my opinion (which is what I thought forums were for!).

I certainly didn't say I thought we wouldn't do ok this year.  I certianly didn't say that we had no hope of a good season and I certainly didn't say that the fresh talent wasn't doing well.

We should have beaten Souths last night, even with the talent on the sideline.  Who has Souths beaten so far? 

If you want to make the top 4, you cannot conceed more than 12-16 points per game (look at St G last season). 

I love the team just as much as any of you people (if not more) and yes, I'm proud they came back in the latter part of the game, but the old talent we did have on the park played "patchy" at best.  They must stand up when needed and they didn't last night. 

And by the way, I do not know who Mr Chase is. 

While Brian is a bit over the top, he's not the troll that other tool is. He makes some valid points, but probably could have been a bit more circumspect in his comments.
This thread raises the issue of how you deal with a loss. Last night, and even now, I'm more disappointed with missing the 2 points than the positives. I tend to agree with the point that Brian is making. These are the games we need to win to make the top 4.
Someone else noted how it was a great game. I'm one of those who couldn't give a s**t about how good the game was, as long as Manly win. Plus, I can't stand the thought of the occupants of the burrow strutting around today thinking they're something special.
My head wants me to take the longer term view that we are building to something as a team, maybe not this year, but probably next. But my heart wants it to happen now.
That said, we're in the best position we've been in to make a noise since 2008 so its a matter of moving on to next week now.

Brian,

If i remember correctly Souths beat us 40-32 in Rd 23 2008

So your theory about "milking" 32 points and not making the top 4 is crap.

We may not make the top 4 but then again I'll wait a few more weeks before making a call on that

Poor old Wolfie. So much potential. Just so injury prone. Same as Rodney. If they played 2-3 seasons straight - they'd both be playing top level rep footy imo.

Ryan link said:
Poor old Wolfie. So much potential. Just so injury prone. Same as Rodney. If they played 2-3 seasons straight - they'd both be playing top level rep footy imo.

Wolfie maybe, Rodney unlikely.

I've seen enough this year to lay $100 on us making the 8. Lock it in. Top 4 is a long shot and would probably require Lyon hitting top form and Stewart staying on the park.

Mybludog link said:
Brian,

If i remember correctly Souths beat us 40-32 in Rd 23 2008

So your theory about \"milking\" 32 points and not making the top 4 is crap.

We may not make the top 4 but then again I'll wait a few more weeks before making a call on that
Checkmate.

The Roosters let in 60 odd points against a poor Canterbury side early last year, finished 6th (I think?) and still made the grand final.

Brian Reganga link said:
Well, that's it. 

Three rounds and we can kiss top 4 good bye. 

You can't milk 32 points against the rabbits and think you can make top 4.  And we all know if you don't make top 4, then that's the season. 

Yes, we didn't have Brett & yes, we didn't have Wolfman, but hey, if that's all it takes to lose a game to a team that will also not make the top 4, then the season is over!!

For all those saying that we put up a good fight, I'm afraid you are talking through your shorts!  If it wasn't for no idea, you wouldn't have any idea. 

I have supported this team for 40+ years and no one is more passionate about the maroon & white than I am.  However, tonight's performance shows me that 2011 is NOT the year. 

Kite was absent, AGAIN.  Kingy had ANOTHER off night.  Ballin was non-existant.  Nulla-who - what a waste! OTNOW lived up to his reputation of one on, one off. 

Thanks God for Cherry-Evans & Foran!

Get your heads out of the sand folks - if you want to make the top 4 (the only way to win the comp), you cannot leak 32 points against a team that should finish behind us this year!

Yes, we were missing big George - big deal!!  They were missing arguably their best player in Sam Burgess.  Yes, we were missing Brett, but hey, that may be the case for more games than not through the season -what then??!!

Don't talk to me about the \"up & comers\"!!  NOW is the time you win games that ensure you make the top 4.  Top 8 will not win the comp - must finish in top 4. 

I have one maroon eye and one white eye like all of you, but you cannot leak 32 points against an average team (and yes, they are an average team!) and expect to finish top 4. 

We do not have the depth this year to compete with the top 4.  We will win our fair share and have some \"glory days\", but if tonight's effort in defence is typical against some tough competition, then we have a long year ahead!!

You Sir are a f***ing Knobhead of the highest order.

P**s off back under the rock from whence you crawled.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=187256.msg329763#msg329763 date=1301699328]
Beauty, another one for the ignore list

How many you got on there now, Kiwi?

[/quote]

It's always growing lol

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10