Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I couldn't give two shts about Pearces' drunken escapades.

Im more interested why he needs to leave the country to get help for his alleged issues, whilst conveniently avoiding any possible drug test.

Are there no rehab clinics in Australia?
Agree.
From City Ford to Betty Ford.;)

bones

Bones Knows
HM I think you may be confusing the bloke who videoed it with the bloke who made public the name and photo of the bloke who videoed it (which I think bones post was about)..

The text messages which have surfaced since, clearly indicate he was recording it to make a quick buck and to ruin Pearce's career in the process.
Pearce was stupid. He was obviously showing off for the camera. But for him to be punished more severely than what wife beaters or drink drivers are is ridiculous.
I don't have a problem with this Jack guy videoing the incident, it's what he did with that video afterwards that was wrong. If he was so concerned about what had happened, he should have contacted the police, not the media. If the video then still made its way public, it's not his doing. And if the video doesn't include any footage which the police would be interested in, then that should have been the end of it.
Also, two wrongs don't make a right. So publicising Jack's full name, photo and contact details is just as low an act as what Jack selling his footage to the media was.

Last edited:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The text messages which have surfaced since, clearly indicate he was recording it to make a quick buck and to ruin Pearce's career in the process. The same text messages also stated Pearce and co were very drunk at the hotel where they all met. Why then, would complete strangers let him come home with them? That's just inviting trouble if you ask me. Unless of course they had a money making plan? Remind anyone of the father of the girl who accused Brett Stewart?
Pearce was stupid. He was obviously showing off for the camera. But for him to be punished more severely than what wife beaters or drink drivers are is ridiculous.
I don't have a problem with this Jack guy videoing the incident, it's what he did with that video afterwards that was wrong. If he was so concerned about what had happened, he should have contacted the police, not the media. If the video then still made its way public, it's not his doing.
Also, two wrongs don't make a right. So publicising Jack's full name, photo and contact details is just as low an act as what Jack selling his footage to the media was.
Jack should have offered thevideo to Nick Politis once he had the offer from ACA. Nick allways pays more.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If my face was splashed all over every news bulletin and newspaper, I would want to skip the country until the dust settles too!

Im going to assume Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Darwin have no rehab clinics.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
For me the elephant in the room (not captured on camera) is our fundamental right to privacy and how these little things impact upon us all. Tin foil hat - maybe. It is illegal to record a telephone conversation without the other party's consent, yet you can sit in someone's house and record video and sound and upload it without consent? Yep the world has changed, maybe the laws are lagging behind.

Anyway, Simon Tatz on The Drum website says it better if you have time....here is the link......
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...s-that-privacy-is-a-thing-of-the-past/7121426

Rex

Bencher
I'm just very glad that society is full of so many perfect humans who have never got on the turps and acted like a bit of a dick before. I can sleep easy tonight. What a perfect society we live in.
Pearce has received unfathomable riches others can only dream of. A very, very, small condition is written into his contract - don't f*** up. It is a condition of his employment. Pearce f**ed up. Once again. You wanna cry for him?

His father Junior made a promise to his mother never to touch alcohol. Why? Because alcohol ruined the life of his father and then killed him. So Junior stayed dry all his life. It may not be easy, but it is possible to not f*** up. For some it seems to be a genetic addiction, and the only cure is abstinence.

You can demean others and portray them as shallow "perfect humans" for discussing this if you want Volley. And that doesn't change the clear reality that when drinking many people, including Mitchell, get ugly and do antisocial/reckless/destructive/utterly stupid things they don't otherwise do.

Rex

Bencher
For me the elephant in the room (not captured on camera) is our fundamental right to privacy and how these little things impact upon us all. Tin foil hat - maybe. It is illegal to record a telephone conversation without the other party's consent, yet you can sit in someone's house and record video and sound and upload it without consent? Yep the world has changed, maybe the laws are lagging behind.

Anyway, Simon Tatz on The Drum website says it better if you have time....here is the link......
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...s-that-privacy-is-a-thing-of-the-past/7121426
The genie is out of the bottle and can't be simply jammed back in. Two simple ways of responding to these growing losses of privacy:

1. It is reality. When reality changes, we adapt to reality or we suffer.

2. If we're worried that something we say or do wouldn't look good if made public - a simple response is to not say or do it - and only do and say things we'd be happy to be public. We may end up becoming better people. And duplicity is a hefty psychological burden anyway.

Rex

Bencher
The text messages which have surfaced since, clearly indicate he was recording it to make a quick buck and to ruin Pearce's career in the process. The same text messages also stated Pearce and co were very drunk at the hotel where they all met. Why then, would complete strangers let him come home with them? That's just inviting trouble if you ask me. Unless of course they had a money making plan? Remind anyone of the father of the girl who accused Brett Stewart?
I don't have a problem with this Jack guy videoing the incident, it's what he did with that video afterwards that was wrong. If he was so concerned about what had happened, he should have contacted the police, not the media. If the video then still made its way public, it's not his doing.
Where did you read the text messages bones?
EDIT: Found it (or at least part of it):
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mit...e/news-story/d436f080423549cd9e7529da03e945c8
If legit does not in itself suggest premediation, but does indicate an ugly vindictive intent.

Doesn't change one iota the substance of what Pearce did, which is there for all to see. But the twist to the drama (potentially turning victim and persecutor roles) could shift public opinion enough to significantly reduce his suspension, rightly or wrongly.

Last edited:

Pablo

Bencher
Might be a stupid question but why is Pearce going to rehab?
What's his addiction? I thought he was just a binge drinking idiot that does stupid **** when drunk.
He's not an alcoholic, he just needs an attitude adjustment and to grow up.
So unless he's off to a spiritual find yourself burn some candles fairy land clinic what's the bloody point?

It's a farce. Just a stunt to show they're dealing with it. They've sent him away to 'rehab' so he can do his time comeback and say I'm all better now. I'm a new man.

America must have rehab centres that cure childish dickhead behaviour.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
[
Might be a stupid question but why is Pearce going to rehab?
What's his addiction? I thought he was just a binge drinking idiot that does stupid **** when drunk.
He's not an alcoholic, he just needs an attitude adjustment and to grow up.
So unless he's off to a spiritual find yourself burn some candles fairy land clinic what's the bloody point?

It's a farce. Just a stunt to show they're dealing with it. They've sent him away to 'rehab' so he can do his time comeback and say I'm all better now. I'm a new man.

America must have rehab centres that cure childish dickhead behaviour.

Have to agree with this. For all intents and purposes, Pearce is not an alcoholic. He doesn't get out of bed each day and the first thing on his mind is "I need a beer" and doesn't get drunk on a daily basis. He's a binge drinker who has a big behavior problem when he's drunk. The problem there is that being a high profile footballer means that most of the punters would know who he is so his drunken behavior usually makes news, especially in this day and age with security cameras everywhere and 99% of the population having mobile phones that double as video cameras.

Overseas to go to rehab? What, there are no rehab centres in Australia? I'm sure Sydney would have some, Melbourne too if he wanted to get away from a rugby league centre. To me its nothing more than a smoke screen, the Rorters way of getting him out of the spotlight until everything dies down.

I don't know where he's gone, but I'd be willing to bet its not into rehab.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just saw this on Facebook and had to share with you lot LOL

12654552_1033001693431239_4028471559093278013_n.jpg

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
The diverse thoughts on here are really interesting, it seems you are either in the " poor little Mitch" corner or the " **** Pearce let's crucify the bastard" corner.

Whatever your calling it's been 17 interesting pages of reading , some might say better than the Foran epic thread ( which I think will back before we play them).
I think there is probably 3 sides here ,-
Poor little Mitch ,
Crucify the Bastard ,
Or the ,"Mitch is a Dick" ,but this extremely politically correct society is becoming disturbingly over sensitive" side.

Last edited:

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Jack should have offered thevideo to Nick Politis once he had the offer from ACA. Nick allways pays more.
Apparently he or she only got $5k as they sold it to a photo agency - it was the onsold to ACA and DT for $60k

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14