Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The worst for me was my very best mate and I took two very hot sisters out to a B & S ball, I even had my flash new 3 on the column HQ 202 Kingswoood for the ride ( long before RBT).

All the girls wanted to do was dance, all my mate and I wanted to do was get in their pants, they both said no,so we got pissed and they had to drive us home.

We woke up the next morning after crashing on his front lawn and all I could think of was " where the **** was my Yellow HQ" ( yes classy I know ).

Needless to say we never got to take the girls out again, and the funny thing is 40 years later she's found me on Facebook and we both laughed when discussing that fateful night.

I know, hardly epic by today's standards but I hope a good yarn!!

The worse at from me was the northern beaches classic - driving. Thankfully not far and no one hurt but that during a post mortem was a turning point.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Boy where do i start? Well im not brave enough to talk about the cage at Black Market Club or the White Room shinanegans or the the Gay clubs no way, or the married and Indian women group nights. I refuse to admit that ive tried every drug and most to excess. I refuse to talk about driving contraband across the country in the 1990's but im quite happy to admit I've never mouth raped anyone. I've never pissed myself and ive never humped a dog.
I am drug free for years now and i only drink a few drinks and never get out of control.

These days everybody videos everything so to blame the videographer is naive and out-of-touch with the society we live in.

OK, 20 page fascinating thread ... Let's keep it going

Confession time!

What's the worst thing you have done when mortal, now or when you were young.

I don't remember pissing my pants.
I don't remember humping an animal
I don't remember sticking my tongue down a females throat to test if they were interested

I do remember vomiting after binge drinking, with the usual hangover regrets the next morning
I do remember a rather stylish pole dance, fully dressed of course, at a no standing sign
I do remember plonking my head on a dinner table and falling fast asleep
If you don't mind, I'll take the 5th amendment here lol ;)

All I can say is that I've grown up substantially over the last decade. And I frikken HATE IT. Kids, bills, responsibilities, never ending work stress and worry, man I miss picking up my pay and blasting off for the weekend (reference Human Traffic here lol) and arriving back at work after a mad weekend of partying with no cash, having had about 2 hours sleep and then telling the boys you worked with you that you'd had a "quiet" weekend ;) These days, recovering from a big weekend is like recovering from minor surgery, and I can_not_afford to be unproductive at work...

The appeal of not being accountable - to be free of consequences - it's like wanting to never grow up.

Which is it? A nothing thing or something which on its own has reflected pretty badly on him and the NRL?
Can't be both.

It actually can: in my opinion it's a nothing incident, but his stature makes a "nothing" incident a media circus that ultimately reflects badly on both himself, his club and the NRL...

That's a good summary. His role is to be responsible. The media's role is to blow up any stories people find interesting.
He fails his role, the media does their's. That's how it works.

Refer to above, it's just a sad world in which hypocritical *assholes* like Bourbon Bec and co can climb up on their high horses and call for his head and take every opportunity to bash NRL players, teams, management etc, whilst hardly ever penning quality articles or anything remotely positive

If too massive then maybe hit the (inner) ignore button? Then it's no longer a part of your world.

In all honesty it was impossible to ignore: it was screamed across every news bulletin in every form of media. I mean it got so ridiculous that one of the papers put a line across the DOG'S eyes, to protect its identity. F*ck_me_DEAD. What kind of imbecile thought that rubbish up?

It actually can: in my opinion it's a nothing incident, but his stature makes a "nothing" incident a media circus that ultimately reflects badly on both himself, his club and the NRL...

Refer to above, it's just a sad world in which hypocritical *assholes* like Bourbon Bec and co can climb up on their high horses and call for his head and take every opportunity to bash NRL players, teams, management etc, whilst hardly ever penning quality articles or anything remotely positive

In all honesty it was impossible to ignore: it was screamed across every news bulletin in every form of media. I mean it got so ridiculous that one of the papers put a line across the DOG'S eyes, to protect its identity. F*ck_me_DEAD. What kind of imbecile thought that rubbish up?
So what you're saying is that it's a nothing incident in your eyes, but not in the eyes of the world in which you live. Seems Pearce doesn't agree with you.

He says "My behaviour was unacceptable. I'm embarrassed" and
"I acknowledge I have a problem with alcohol and it is something I have to address. It is not an excuse but a realisation that I finally need help"

Pearce is not an alcoholic. He doesn't get out of bed each day and the first thing on his mind is "I need a beer" and doesn't get drunk on a daily basis. He's a binge drinker who has a big behavior problem when he's drunk.

Definition of addiction doesn't seem to match yours:

Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance (e.g., alcohol, cocaine, nicotine) or engages in an activity (e.g., gambling, sex, shopping) that can be pleasurable but the continued use/act of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities, such as work, relationships, or health.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/addiction

@KOMORI you must admit that the idea to blank out the pooch's eyes to protect his or her identity was a stroke of editorial genius! The tabloid's finest hour.

Although the "where's Choc" map of the world a few years back with mundine's face and a question mark plotted on major world cities runs a close second.

• 😆

Fully agree with the hypocrites. Especially MG! Alluding to @silvertail question about your playing up days, well a lot of mine were in and around the Panthers golden years (89-91) as I was working there then. And let me tell you had I had a smartphone back then, well we both would've been f@cked. Now I know MG and the rest of the two faced media have got to put out the moralistic bleatings, but I notice he has been going over the top. Same as Bourbon Becky. Don't need a degree in psychology to see were that's coming from.
So now I've been trying to think of a story that can't come back at me....here's one. (Apologies Komori, I just thought I'd unload the lot here!lol)
This is going to need a bit of background work, so if you're busy, bail out now!
So late 80's @ the league's(of course!) I'm barred from playing park footy from my boss (too many injuries, find another sport). So I thought baseball, how hard can that be?...signed up with the local side ( made it clear that I'd never played). Guy says no worries, we've got two sides. The gun side, and the fun side. You're in that. We train once a week.
So I turn up and everyone's pretty friendly, then I see a cop car come screaming into the complex, lights, sirens. But then it started doing giant big donuts in the outer field. I'm freaking out, wtf! Old mate next to me in the dugout just says oh that's just Larry (name definitely changed!) he's just showing off, they got a new squad car in the division today....he's giving it the treatment! Wtf!....turns out Larry is the local senior constable and also our catcher!.....so I'll fast forward to our first game. Sitting in the dugout waiting for my first bat, nerves pumping. Larry goes in before me. Within the blink of an eye, there is absolute bedlum. There are blokes running in from their side, and I'm sitting there thinking this is supposed to be soft, keep the boss happy. Next thing I'm being hammered. I've been in plenty of footy fights, but you're revved up, you're good to go. This was like waiting at a bus stop minding your own business, and having the **** kicked out of you. Eventually enough **** had been kicked to engage my brain, that just maybe, you might want to start throwing a few, because regardless of what you thought baseball was going to be like.....you were very f@cking wrong!
So there's the intro! Lol
So we patch ourselves up, and off to the log cabin @ Penrith. But unbeknown to me at the time, Larry and his brother in law (firie) also in the team pop into the evidence room at the cop station, and help themselves to some goodies.
Now I wasn't mad into drugs or drink back then. But I wasn't knocking back quality gear from a big drug bust. And as most of the team sat on the back verandah of the log cabin, with drinks, scoobs, cpl pills (eckies had just hit the market), the injuries subsided, and faded. Then there was the duty manager kicking everyone out....2am...I could've sworn it was 10.30 a second ago!
I was absolutely baked, plastered, done.
Most blokes got there wives to pick them up, or caught a cab. But I loved my car, and there was no way I was leaving it there. Then Larry decides he wants to be a copper now, and says I'm not letting you drive pissed. I said I'm more stoned than pissed. So he says I'll call the station get them to send out a car with a breathalyzer....if you're under, ok. So he did. I was 0.005...never forgot, so I'm over. Now this is the same bloke doing doughies in a brand new general duties cop car, started the biggest blue I've ever been in,ripping off drugs from the police evidence box, but now he has a crisis of conscience over 0.001! So after much arguing he agreed to let me drive, and the cops followed me home. I got out, had a chat and thanked them. And that was my introduction to baseball.

You wonder why Mitchell turned out this way when his dad was photographed like this...
SAM_1819.JPG

Definition of addiction doesn't seem to match yours:

Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance (e.g., alcohol, cocaine, nicotine) or engages in an activity (e.g., gambling, sex, shopping) that can be pleasurable but the continued use/act of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities, such as work, relationships, or health.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/addiction
Top of that addiction list should be " NRL rugby league....highest abusers Manly sea eagles supporters"
It's our drug that keeps on giving!
Can't wait for my next hit!
Hopefully 2016, need to improve our poor 1-10 ratio....

• 😆
So what you're saying is that it's a nothing incident in your eyes, but not in the eyes of the world in which you live. Seems Pearce doesn't agree with you.

He says "My behaviour was unacceptable. I'm embarrassed" and
"I acknowledge I have a problem with alcohol and it is something I have to address. It is not an excuse but a realisation that I finally need help"
Well... We could argue the semantics of it for all time, but you get what I mean.. Context is pretty important in this situation: what is a nothing incident that for an average joe might end up on YouTube as a joke quickly becomes a career threatening major issue when guttersnipes like Slothfield and Wilson get on the bandwagon, and FSN run half hourly news grabs sensationalizing the situation..

Well... We could argue the semantics of it for all time, but you get what I mean.. Context is pretty important in this situation: what is a nothing incident that for an average joe might end up on YouTube as a joke quickly becomes a career threatening major issue when guttersnipes like Slothfield and Wilson get on the bandwagon, and FSN run half hourly news grabs sensationalizing the situation..
I get what you're saying Komori. At one level the drunken nights out seem to be fun and a release. At another level they don't help Pearce at all (professionally or personally) and likely pull him down. I'd suggest that a Junior Pearce or a Steve Menzies has a more contented and satisfied life, all other things being equal. And Mitchell likely doesn't get to the chance to experience that for himself without a crisis like this stimulating an uncomfortable change. I enjoy a beer/wine with mates as much as the next bloke. But addictions aren't all they're cracked up to be. If you look at Mitchell's eyes - he wasn't even there.

It's all part of growing up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12