Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Right to bear arms?
images

Fully agree with the hypocrites. Especially MG! Alluding to @silvertail question about your playing up days, well a lot of mine were in and around the Panthers golden years (89-91) as I was working there then. And let me tell you had I had a smartphone back then, well we both would've been f@cked. Now I know MG and the rest of the two faced media have got to put out the moralistic bleatings, but I notice he has been going over the top. Same as Bourbon Becky. Don't need a degree in psychology to see were that's coming from.
So now I've been trying to think of a story that can't come back at me....here's one. (Apologies Komori, I just thought I'd unload the lot here!lol)
This is going to need a bit of background work, so if you're busy, bail out now!
So late 80's @ the league's(of course!) I'm barred from playing park footy from my boss (too many injuries, find another sport). So I thought baseball, how hard can that be?...signed up with the local side ( made it clear that I'd never played). Guy says no worries, we've got two sides. The gun side, and the fun side. You're in that. We train once a week.
So I turn up and everyone's pretty friendly, then I see a cop car come screaming into the complex, lights, sirens. But then it started doing giant big donuts in the outer field. I'm freaking out, wtf! Old mate next to me in the dugout just says oh that's just Larry (name definitely changed!) he's just showing off, they got a new squad car in the division today....he's giving it the treatment! Wtf!....turns out Larry is the local senior constable and also our catcher!.....so I'll fast forward to our first game. Sitting in the dugout waiting for my first bat, nerves pumping. Larry goes in before me. Within the blink of an eye, there is absolute bedlum. There are blokes running in from their side, and I'm sitting there thinking this is supposed to be soft, keep the boss happy. Next thing I'm being hammered. I've been in plenty of footy fights, but you're revved up, you're good to go. This was like waiting at a bus stop minding your own business, and having the **** kicked out of you. Eventually enough **** had been kicked to engage my brain, that just maybe, you might want to start throwing a few, because regardless of what you thought baseball was going to be like.....you were very f@cking wrong!
So there's the intro! Lol
So we patch ourselves up, and off to the log cabin @ Penrith. But unbeknown to me at the time, Larry and his brother in law (firie) also in the team pop into the evidence room at the cop station, and help themselves to some goodies.
Now I wasn't mad into drugs or drink back then. But I wasn't knocking back quality gear from a big drug bust. And as most of the team sat on the back verandah of the log cabin, with drinks, scoobs, cpl pills (eckies had just hit the market), the injuries subsided, and faded. Then there was the duty manager kicking everyone out....2am...I could've sworn it was 10.30 a second ago!
I was absolutely baked, plastered, done.
Most blokes got there wives to pick them up, or caught a cab. But I loved my car, and there was no way I was leaving it there. Then Larry decides he wants to be a copper now, and says I'm not letting you drive pissed. I said I'm more stoned than pissed. So he says I'll call the station get them to send out a car with a breathalyzer....if you're under, ok. So he did. I was 0.005...never forgot, so I'm over. Now this is the same bloke doing doughies in a brand new general duties cop car, started the biggest blue I've ever been in,ripping off drugs from the police evidence box, but now he has a crisis of conscience over 0.001! So after much arguing he agreed to let me drive, and the cops followed me home. I got out, had a chat and thanked them. And that was my introduction to baseball.
The thing is, standards have changed from 1990-91. Players sign contracts agreeing to a behavioral standard. The media scrutiny today is vastly different to the old days and every player, including Pearce, are schooled on what is expected of them and what they can expect of the Public. He deserves everything he gets.

The thing is, standards have changed from 1990-91. Players sign contracts agreeing to a behavioral standard. The media scrutiny today is vastly different to the old days and every player, including Pearce, are schooled on what is expected of them and what they can expect of the Public. He deserves everything he gets.
I agree. Mitchell wouldn't have got to many outrageous stories from his old man,but being best mates with Liam Roach, you can bet Blocker regailed young Mitchell with stories of the 80's that didn't need to much embellishment. Add to that his obvious genetic alcohol problem and the answer is simple....Mitchell should've been Dad, and Junior really should have been junior.

Didn't everyone have a Yellow, 202, 3 on the stick, HQ Holden???
No, I had a yellow GTS HQ 308 Monaro , bought it in 73 for around $4250, sold it in 75 for around $4000, seen it still going around , mint condition,probably worth around $100,000 now, but I never would have kept it in the same condition, I'm hopeless with cars and now only see cars as transport.

No, I had a yellow GTS HQ 308 Monaro , bought it in 73 for around $4250, sold it in 75 for around $4000, seen it still going around , mint condition,probably worth around $100,000 now, but I never would have kept it in the same condition, I'm hopeless with cars and now only see cars as transport.
Ouch yes I'd say $100k

Mine was supposed to be a 308, 4 on the floor, went in to pick it up and told the dealer they'd made a mistake ( took 3 months to get one in those days), they said " no mistake your Dad rang up and said " he's only 18 he'll kill himself with a V8, change it to a 6", don't know about the killing myself but but I nearly killed my Dad when I got home !!

Ouch yes I'd say $100k

Mine was supposed to be a 308, 4 on the floor, went in to pick it up and told the dealer they'd made a mistake ( took 3 months to get one in those days), they said " no mistake your Dad rang up and said " he's only 18 he'll kill himself with a V8, change it to a 6", don't know about the killing myself but but I nearly killed my Dad when I got home !!
Yeah, I would have killed him as well, you could say it is like being promised an 8'' dick, and then being shortchanged to a 6 incher, that way you're just like every other guy.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10