MON NIGHT DISGRACE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it Penn asking for Monday nights? Or Murdoch, because we're all supposedly silvertails who can afford to buy his pay TV subscriptions?

7 from 18 rounds is 39% of our games on Monday night! This is more than 3 times the average (which is 12.5%).

This crushes our attendance figures, making our games look poorly supported. And it is certainly no coincidence or random blip. The exact same thing happened to us previously with a similar huge dominance of Monday night games.

Last edited:
This is getting a little silly...we've got a great team to support next year, some class recruits, a beautiful maroon and white jersey and the Manly emblem imprinted on it...we're playing at Brookie...glass half full people!

Its all well and good to say that we have generally had good form in Monday night games. But if next to nobody is there to see it......

Monday night = good for television but crap for attendances.

This is getting a little silly...we've got a great team to support next year, some class recruits, a beautiful maroon and white jersey and the Manly emblem imprinted on it...we're playing at Brookie...glass half full people!
Can you explain why we have been allocated three teams' share of Monday night games? And given that none of these are free to air TV games, and are consistently very poorly attended games because they're very difficult to get to, what impact do you imagine this might have on our current and future support base?

Do you really know we're playing at Brookie? If so, when was the dispute with Council resolved?

Last edited:
It's joke and i smell something cooking.
Also I might have missed but has anyone checked the turnaround? Is it in our favour?
Most likely not

I think its a pity that with 9 Sydney teams that we cant have at least one Sunday afternoon game per round. It is poor that so many big Sydney derbies are on Monday or Thursday nights, that is going to kill attendance figures while our friends from north of the border get their standard Friday night fixtures and 7 day turn around. It will never change while News limited run our game.

I did packages for the fans for years, worked well and would have been better if the Sea Eagles would have endorsed them.

Trouble is they wanted a fortune to do this which would have made the packages unsaleable, so I just did them by word of mouth.

Ill be interested to see what they do.

Probably give them to Zorba, after all he did such a great tour in 09!

We had a beautiful maroon and white jersey, until some marketing tosser thought the name of a Philippino hooker splashed in gastric green plastered over the front was a great idea.

All the marquee home game time slots of Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day & Queen's Birthday all went to the big clubs. Gotta love Toddyball era. They are killing Manly.

Only good news i can see is manly plays its last game outside of Sydney on June 27.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
If not we have been royally shafted !!

Who knows might be part of ZtH's " grand plan", get rid of the members so they aren't such a pain in the arse!
This could be the Penns grand plan to move them away from Brookvale.At the end of next season when the yearly crowd averages come out showing Manly down the bottom,they'll use that to justify such a move

This could be the Penns grand plan to move them away from Brookvale.At the end of next season when the yearly crowd averages come out showing Manly down the bottom,they'll use that to justify such a move

Well don't be surprised if this isn't part of the "grand plan", really NOTHING surprises me now as far as decisions being made by Penn & Co.

And they probably knew this was coming which is why they went so hard on getting members signed up before this information was out.

Being a regional member it matters naught to me BUT if I was a working man in Sydney, with reserved seats I'd paid $700 for (or whatever the cost was) I would be more than a little pissed off than in 20 rounds I could maybe make 3 or 4 games at best (assuming of course that due to this said work I couldn't make Thursday / Friday or Monday games.

The NRL.. by scheduling more Sunday afternoon games at Brookvale Oval!

TV now rules and it is not going to change

The only people who effect attendance is those who choose to go or not go no matter what the day

I bet most who can go but choose not to -still watch on TV

Go manly
U must be retired, live of centrelink or got a quid..
Some people work mate so get ur head out of ur arse and realise not all people can make thurs nights or mon nights unless the game starts at 9.30 pm..
The reason for some inept crowds is believe it or not, not All manly fans live in the area.
Without outside support u would not have a team to follow

Let's look at the breakdown

Round 2: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles, 7.00pm Monday 14 March, Leichhardt

Round 3: Sea Eagles v Cronulla Sharks, 7.00pm Monday 21 March, Brookvale Oval

Round 8: Newcastle Knights v Sea Eagles, 2.00pm Monday 25 April, Hunter Stadium

Round 15: Gold Coast Titans v Sea Eagles, 7.00pm Monday 20 June, Cbus Super Stadium

Round 16: North Queensland Cowboys v Sea Eagles, 7.00pm Monday 27 June, 1300Smiles Stadium

Round 17: Sea Eagles v St George Illawarra Dragons, 7.00pm Monday 4 July, Brookvale Oval

Round 20: South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles, 7.00pm Monday 25 July, Allianz Stadium

There should be a minimum/maximum for home games that each team can play in certain timeslots. Max 3 monday home game per year, Min 4 Sunday arvo games, Min 4 Thur/Friday night games

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2