Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't remember the last time Orford put a bloke through a hole and I think the last time Orford took the line on and made a break was from the scrumbase against newcastle almost a year ago.

I reckon thats partly right Nutz. Orford has been slack but he HAS actually put Choc through into holes a few times. Just not enough and not with others.

How much time does Orford have with Monaghan throwing lollypops from dummy half and/or crabbing across the field and telegraphing passes?

God please.... who did monoghan have at 9??

Clutching at straws champ.. and before you say Ballin.. think back to that ripper pass Ballin threw to Monoghan against canberra.. you know the one at monoghans bootlaces which he threw between his legs and set up a try??

One swallow does not make a summer.

Fact is when Monaghan is at 9 he handles the ball more than anyone and completely buggers up our play.

Monaghan had plenty of time to cement the halfback spot. He has only shown some real talent in the position after he's been shifted to hooker and knowing the pressure is off to perform as he is just filling in, too little too late.

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
I can't remember the last time Orford put a bloke through a hole and I think the last time Orford took the line on and made a break was from the scrumbase against newcastle almost a year ago.

I reckon thats partly right Nutz. Orford has been slack but he HAS actually put Choc through into holes a few times. Just not enough and not with others.

[/quote]

If your reffering to the 2 clean breaks watmough has made recently (parramatta and Penrith) They were both from Monoghan

Have a look at Monaghan's dummy half work against the dogs and it was very mixed at best. He threw Head passes and bootlace passes. Orford several times took the ball behind his back.

Monas also missed about 5 tackles in the line and put us under a lot of pressure. His kicking game was the only redeeming feature.

Have a look at Monaghan's dummy half work against the dogs and it was very mixed at best. He threw Head passes and bootlace passes. Orford several times took the ball behind his back.

Monas threw one head pass that was a shocker, orford threw 2.

Monas also missed about 5 tackles in the line and put us under a lot of pressure. His kicking game was the only redeeming feature.
Orford also missed about the same number of tackles, monas made around twice as many though.

Seems to me there is a double standard here.

Just because we pay someone twice as much doesnt mean they can make twice the **** ups

and mata, we all agreed that monas was better than randall/dunley in the 9 so again orford is getting the better deal.

If you think so.

If we don't win the premiership.. it's monoghans fault.

If we win the premiership it's not that monoghan helped at all.. I know how the story goes.

Monaghan does some things from dummy half that i dont think Ballin can do, and it is one of our better plays so far this season in terms of results. The sideways run with a beautiful short ball to a gap runner. the running style might not be flashy and fast, but it is doing the job

Monaghan to Watmough is going to be our biggest loss next season, unless Orford can improve his attrocious short passing game. It is no coincedence that watmough drops more ball when orford is passing to him, because they are more often than not misguided missiles from 2-3m away, instead of a well placed lob to catch on the run. That is one thing Orofrd needs to fix, is near impossible for a man at pace to catch a bullet to the upper chest

Monas is still a Judas, a whineging little prick and a player of limited talent.

I still can't wait to see the back of him so we can see our side and the other players blossom with a decent dummy half, not some megalamaniac idiot running around in circles and cramping everyone's style.

Mate - it's dissapointing to see how sad the school kids with disabilities are at the fact he is leaving.
There's more to life than footy.

Monaghan has and will be a credit to our club.

I'm just glad we don't have to play against him.

NO, I remember what happenned in 2005, BUT, there were obviously mitigating circumstances we all didn't know about.

He's always given his all. Always.

I remember him being the talker (even with Orford as captain) in a huddle.
I remember him trying to motivate his players as captain (example Parra final in 05).
I remember things like his field goal against The Broncos at Brooky to win us that game.
I remember his chip and chase against The Dogs this year.
I remember him jumping out of a chopper with little Sophie.
I remember his 2-3 days a week work with cchildren who love the bloke.
I remember his 2 (or 3) try effort against The Sharks @ Brooky in Hoppas last game.
I remember how much the win meant to him against The Roosters when they were a powerhouse.
I remember his man-of-the-match performances when he was under pressure.
I remember his humility when he was stripped of the captaincy.
I remember the fact that he has played a million games straight.
I remember him backing up from a broken nose against The Panthers at Brookvale.

I could go on mate. Take it for what it is. He's been good to the club. You'd never be able to rate him with the shockers that have passed through the shores.

You get the occasional shot in Fox Sports into the dressing sheds (aka glen hall's nut) and you see the hudle.

To my surprise the bloke who's talking the most and firing up the team in the huddle is monas.

Orford just stand listens and nods.

That's because you can't shut him up.

Thats right, it jogs the memory. Remember when refs were going out of their way to see him before the game and tell him to shut up before the event? :lol:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6