more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Yes i already know that about mobile phones and data collection so why have an app then. The data is collected from your phone but is not directly linked to the govt for instant use like the App which doesn't require steps to unlock the data.

We all know about the accelerated development as one reason for the quick development no qualms about that but it is also a lazy ass but valid response that could be used to brush off or deflect from more in depth analysis. It is an easy explanation for people to absorb in their busy lives, doesn't make it wrong but at the same time wouldn't stop me from looking beyond this explanation also.

Read up yourself on the approval process and info gradually coming out, its called informing yourself or is your internet filter tailoring the experience and information to one side.(please don't reply and say i am deflecting, do the work yourself for yourself and go beyond just "Advice taking"
Ah, I see you want to play a round of Russell's teapot lol

No thanks mate, I wont waste my time trying to prove something you've mentioned but wont back up.

So what makes you believe these people you know in medical science over all the other people in medical science who are pro-vaxx?
I never once said i fully believe or fall in line with their views, i take info from both sides of the argument and respect they are more educated in their fields that relate to this topic and owe them the right to help direct me to all sorts of info.

I even got a heads up at the start about one theory and called her a conspiracy nut but more and more each day it is looking like i owe her an apology.

Ah, I see you want to play a round of Russell's teapot lol

No thanks mate, I wont waste my time trying to prove something you've mentioned but wont back up.
What have i mentioned, have you seen how many years it will take to release all info in regards to the vaccine or reducing competition during the development stage.(for starters)

47MVEagle

Bencher
What have i mentioned, have you seen how many years it will take to release all info in regards to the vaccine or reducing competition during the development stage.(for starters)
Yet another piece of misinformation from you. Funny how the anti-vaxx stance has kept changing as each claim is debunked - now it's the "we dont know the longterm effects of the vaccine" that's being thrown around.

47MVEagle

Bencher
The latest myth doing the rounds is about all the EPL players collapsing &/or dying from heart issues apparently due to the vaccine.

Some 7 or 8 players were named yet a bit of investigation finds articles from 4 or 5 of the players' clubs stating they actually hadn't been vaccinated or had collapsed due to other issues.

People just swallow this garbage hook, line & sinker.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Mate of mine is not allowed to get vaxxed, and as such can no longer work at his job.
He would if he could.

Shoe1

Journey Man
The latest myth doing the rounds is about all the EPL players collapsing &/or dying from heart issues apparently due to the vaccine.

Some 7 or 8 players were named yet a bit of investigation finds articles from 4 or 5 of the players' clubs stating they actually hadn't been vaccinated or had collapsed due to other issues.

People just swallow this garbage hook, line & sinker.
Epl players collapse if another player touches them, and then they writhe in agony on the ground.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread is a fantastic example of how complete bull**** is disseminated equally across opposing perspectives by clueless idiots. Bravo.

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
Listening to basic "medical advice" is not "education" it is merely trusting other "educated" people to help make the decision process less complicated without the need to put in the hard yards yourself.

What right for starters should a vaccine be mandated when it was still in the emergency use approval stage, people had the right during this stage to be hesitant to take the jab surely and not be forced into a decision.(i know it is not mandated i'm saying it should never be mandated or forced on people in this stage at least, yet many felt forced)

The gradual release of info in relation to the vaccine approval process and the way the vaccine works makes me trust govt less and less each day.

Also why should it be mandated for the use of a QR code app if you own a smart phone, i have no issue signing in to places with pen and paper. You might ask what is the difference and that a paper trail is less secure, well i would fear digital constant Govt surveilance that has the power to control a population over companies merely just profiteering over my shopping habits any day of the week.

I'm not suggesting presently Govts are using the app for surveilance, i am saying we make it easier in the future to introduce such measures by being so compliant now---maybe the QR code app will be mandatory on every new phone purchase and can't be uninstalled in the future.(which will also mean having a mobile will be compulsory---i have no intention to own or use a phone once i stop work)
You sound exactly like the type of person with pseudo science opinions formed by spending too much time on the internet.

I will listen to the medical advice because that is their expertise, not some crack pot tin foil hat bull**** opinion formed on the basis of logical fallacies I have seen online.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Astra-Zeneca is not mRNA, it's vector
Also the novovax (still being evaluated) is different again
Three different approaches. I just read about all of them, and they all work, just in different ways. I must say though I don't know why a person would try to avoid one and swear blind that another type is better for them. I personally don't know what is going on at the level of my cells, so saying "I want vector or traditional, not mRNA" makes no sense. The objective is to get your body to safely recognise the virus and produce antibodies to fight it, and all 3 methods do that.

I'm interested that one of my staff is hesitant and said they'd wait for novavax (and gets to work from home in the meantime) - I am curious to see whether they get the novavax now that it looks like being available in Australia shortly, or whether there will be another excuse.

For the record I don't want to seem like I'm always on my high horse about this, I have a team of 25, 23 of whom are vaccinated and have had no adverse reaction. Two staff are hesitant - one is the novavax fan, the other is genuinely worried and I feel his stress - he is less worried about covid than the vaccination (makes no sense to me, but each to his own). I would hate to see him lose his job over the situation, but that will be out of my control.

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
AL JAZEERA LIVE
Open the menu
LIVE UPDATES
LIVE UPDATES,
News
|
Coronavirus pandemic
WHO warns world cannot ‘boost its way out’ of pandemic: Live
Blanket booster programmes in rich countries risk prolonging the battle with COVID-19, WHO chief says.

The World Health Organization chief has warned that the rush in wealthy countries to roll out additional COVID vaccine doses is deepening the inequity in access to vaccines and is prolonging the pandemic.

“No country can boost its way out of the pandemic,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.

Shoe1

Journey Man
AL JAZEERA LIVE
Open the menu
LIVE UPDATES
LIVE UPDATES,
News
|
Coronavirus pandemic
WHO warns world cannot ‘boost its way out’ of pandemic: Live
Blanket booster programmes in rich countries risk prolonging the battle with COVID-19, WHO chief says.

The World Health Organization chief has warned that the rush in wealthy countries to roll out additional COVID vaccine doses is deepening the inequity in access to vaccines and is prolonging the pandemic.

“No country can boost its way out of the pandemic,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.
This is a repeat of what WHO said in August @Kevinward777 and the point the WHO was making was to be fair and give the vaccines that rich countries were using for boosters to countries with low vaccination, as a priority. The WHO was not saying that boosters don't work.

Kevinward777

First Grader
This is a repeat of what WHO said in August @Kevinward777 and the point the WHO was making was to be fair and give the vaccines that rich countries were using for boosters to countries with low vaccination, as a priority. The WHO was not saying that boosters don't work.

I'm aware of that.

Kevinward777

First Grader

No, but they are saying we are being selfish by taking them - and that in doing so, we are prolonging the pandemic.That is what the WHO is reporting. Not some flat earther, conspiracy theorist.

S

Shnorky

TC i don't normally agree with you on football stuff but good on you for speaking your truth. I know heaps of people who have chosen not to get jabbed and they are all good people, people who don't judge others.
There is lots of info out there to support what your saying, but most will choose not to go there

Kevinward777

First Grader
TC i don't normally agree with you on football stuff but good on you for speaking your truth. I know heaps of people who have chosen not to get jabbed and they are all good people, people who don't judge others.
There is lots of info out there to support what your saying, but most will choose not to go there
Indeed, there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14