More Telegraph garbage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clint said:
Why do people continue to read it and then post about it.

#where's that flogging a dead horse emoticon gone?

You know that every time you read it and then post it they win.

On the contrary, while I would never BUY the Telecrap, every time I click on an article and read it, I win. Why? Because it totally ****s Murdoch that I read stuff that he can't get money out of me for AND the more clicks, the more advertisers think they should get click throughs, and that NEVER happens from me. Now the advertisers bug the Murdoch people. Brilliant! Win. Win. Win. - Except the articles are bull**** : (

eagle chick said:
I am very good friends with a certain recruitment person over at the Dogs and I can assure you that there has been absolutely no talk of this at all.

Canberra are keen as ten keen things on Stewart. Locals down there reckon he's checked out the place recently, and a contract ready to go for Nov 1st - and a hope for an early release.

With Stewart not playing down speculation about a release, I would expect the is some fire amongst that smoke.

Not playing down the speculation?

He just came out and said he wants to be a one club man

Does he need to respond to every stupid article?

Clint said:
Why do people continue to read it and then post about it.

#where's that flogging a dead horse emoticon gone?

You know that every time you read it and then post it they win.

Here's a few to choose from:

sFun_DeadHorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
beatdeadhorse5.gif
beatingadeadhorse.gif

Take your pick :)

As for the Telegraph, they are only trying to get hits on their website and upsetting Manly fans with their fabricated "NEWS" stories is just an added bonus for them. :mad:

Hamster Huey said:
eagle chick said:
I am very good friends with a certain recruitment person over at the Dogs and I can assure you that there has been absolutely no talk of this at all.

Canberra are keen as ten keen things on Stewart. Locals down there reckon he's checked out the place recently, and a contract ready to go for Nov 1st - and a hope for an early release.

With Stewart not playing down speculation about a release, I would expect the is some fire amongst that smoke.
Mmmm...play for Canberra or Manly?
Tooves or Ricky?
Live on Northern beaches or in Canberra?
Move further away from the brother who's your best mate or stay close?
Tough decision for Snake. NOT:p

Hamster Huey said:
eagle chick said:

Why would they have to wait for nov 1st ? That is only in the last year of a contract when negotiations begin.. If snake is on contract nov 1st has no bearing at all?

The NRL won't act even though it is against NRL rules to approach a contracted player. The Dogs singlehandedly wrecked Manly's 2011 grand final windfall & argued that it was every club for themselves in the NRL. yet every club CEO will tell you that the seasons that end up in deficit are made up for when you win a grand final. Never forget or forgive what the Dogs did to Manly and its fans and owners who put their money in. The lost sponsorship, merchandise and season ticket sales over last part of 2011 and into 2012 can't ever be got back. The Dogs also helped form the Sydney blockbuster stadium cartel of Sydney NRL clubs that will look after themselves by getting to play each other twice a year at stadiums & with free transport while Manly & Sharks are left to die.

Snake can only leave if he takes Zero with him :idea:

When is the April ASADA findings due out ?
Give something for the DT to write about, as the News Ltd owned Club's Cap rorts are not newsworthy enough :dodgy:

I am pretty sure the policy 2v presented and was approved by the board is that there will be no early releases - end of speculation IMO not that will stop the DT

The Wheel said:
I am pretty sure the policy 2v presented and was approved by the board is that there will be no early releases - end of speculation IMO not that will stop the DT
I love it. Other clubs want our players and we are somehow the bad guys and in crisis because we want to keep them legitimately under contract.

Somehow the bulldogs lack of planning to actually sign a fullback gets a sympathetic ear at the tele. They get good press on the back of this situation and we get bad press.

That reminds me #crisis

I might be on my own here but I think the story is far from garbage. The Dogs want a fullback and Des would most certainly try and use his relationship with Snake to his advantage. It may not come to fruition but the dogs would have most certainly made an inquiry.

Masked Eagle said:
I might be on my own here but I think the story is far from garbage. The Dogs want a fullback and Des would most certainly try and use his relationship with Snake to his advantage. It may not come to fruition but the dogs would have most certainly made an inquiry.

And if they have made inquiries into Snake playing for them then they have clearly broken the NRL's laws about clubs talking to contracted players from other clubs in an effort to get them to change teams.

But they'll get away with it by denying all knowledge of it and claiming it didn't happen, which will satisfy Greenturd that his former club did no wrong.

HoldenV8 said:
Masked Eagle said:

And if they have made inquiries into Snake playing for them then they have clearly broken the NRL's laws about clubs talking to contracted players from other clubs in an effort to get them to change teams.

But they'll get away with it by denying all knowledge of it and claiming it didn't happen, which will satisfy Greenturd that his former club did no wrong.

We'd just about be the only club not breaking that law. Not because we just play by the rules but because our cap situation indicates there is no point talking to players you can't afford.

Brett playing Russian roulette with a legacy of becoming a one club legend for 1-2 years at a re-build club???
Sorry-I just don't get it

You guys are harsh.

It would be great to see him reunited with Des and at the Dogs.

lsz said:
Not playing down the speculation?

He just came out and said he wants to be a one club man

Does he need to respond to every stupid article?

Des said he never wanted to be a career coach; T-Rex and Hoppa Jnr both stated they were Manly, just prior to announcing otherwise.

Would be great to take a vague notion of 'love to be a one-club player' and turn it into a definite, but it's not what we've seen play out previously.

joeboy said:
Hamster Huey said:
eagle chick said:

Why would they have to wait for nov 1st ? That is only in the last year of a contract when negotiations begin.. If snake is on contract nov 1st has no bearing at all?

Any announcement of discussions between Stewart and Canberra prior to 1 Nov are counter to the anti-tampering rules. From then he can freely talk to whoever he wants, without Manly's blessing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6