Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People obviously forget what sort of players we had post Northern Eagles.

Mostly very ordinary.

1653292292799.png

"Emerging from the failed merger through 2002, Manly were still on shaky ground both on and off the field. The reversion of the NRL licence to Manly meant that contracts with the Northern Eagles were now void. Waiting on further payments, many players left and the club soon developed a high turnover of journeyman and fringe first graders which saw a further lack of stability both on and off the field. With no major sponsor and little public interest with either spectators or through merchandise, the club's finances were so bad that the football club was only days from closing its doors midway through the 2002 season. In June, initial efforts by the Penn family and then a multimillion-dollar deal with local developer, Max Delmege, led to the future privatisation of the club and financial security."

Harper is not even close to being as bad as some make out. He has had some good games for us.

Unfortunately like some of his mates in the current team, they are unable to take it to the next level of being an elite first grade player.
Thought Harper had really good dig against the Eels. Sure he got tackled into touch, trying to beat his man, probably not a smart play but in the heat of the battle this is what happens sometimes.

Come on I'm not a Harper fan but he is young and does ok , i feel we are throwing the baby out with the bath water , he cant stop everything and his support either side don't always do him favor's and the team as a whole are down on conference and it all come home in the end .
He needs more guidance in that position and maybe around him all of them need a bit of that , but we all need to stop doing STUPID things on the field that cost us , the Parra game we should have won but throughout the game we kept doing stupid things giving them a leg up and we paid for it .
I don't believe we should have got penalized for that tackle which cost us in the end but the good teams don't piggy back the opposition down field and invite them in either.

give the guy a break , he had covid , and came back while prob still recovering and had that shocker against the sharks.. then gets dropped.. He will come good... he played well this game ..for what its worth he never lost the ball, just bunker being dykeheads

I think he’s spiraling a little. 1.5 years ago he was underrated, evasive, held up in defence —>1 year ago he was becoming a bit invisible —> then seemed to be holding back Saab’s edge —> then errors krept in and defence fell apart —> now he is a liability with flashes of good footy

He certainly hasn’t been the worst, and does have some potential. Although if he doesn’t get confidence any time soon and keeps getting forced to play through injury it could get worse for him.

He deserves a good break from top grade to recouperate, but it seems he will only get that chance if injuries permit.

Who knows, he could get a run of form that turns it all around, but it’s frustrating (and kind of sad) to see how he is tracking at the moment

Made a grand final with the Storm the year after he left us, which goes to show Bellamy can get the best out of anyone.
Hmm, like Seve who’s going horrible at the moment?

And the Johns half that doesn’t really look fit for 2nd grade

Put any average player in a stacked squad and they have an easy enough job to stand out. But take away Papenhousen, Hughes and a few forwards (like now) and the average ones bubble to the top.

Craig is great, he recruits well, has used their ample resources effectively to condition his players to the nth degree, and keeps their jobs simple

However, he is limited by the squad he has and is fortunate to have successfully developed a few key spine players and maintined a core, dominant forward pack for years.

My vote on worst player ever to play in our colours goes to Grant Wooden. I’m not a Harper fan, he’s not very good, but then again, there’s a few in our current lineup that play at his level.

My vote on worst player ever to play in our colours goes to Grant Wooden. I’m not a Harper fan, he’s not very good, but then again, there’s a few in our current lineup that play at his level.
Was his nickname the Punisher 😂

The Positive Patch Morgan Harper Perspective
Morgan turns 24 this August and still has time to grow his game
He has some skill in him . He need to instill a bit of Kill in his defence

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8