Morning all ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do like how people can interpret "tone" from a forum

Must be like attitude of players?

north coast eagle said:
Afternoon Captiankickass

It has been reported in the media that Canterbury/ Bankstown Bulldogs are one of the wealthiest clubs.

Traditionally there have been stories getting around about associations between the Bulldogs, organised crime and crooked politicians.

Q1 What is the source of the Bulldogs wealth? Seriously where does all this Bulldogs wealth actually come from?

I can answer this one - poker machines.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/rivers-of-gold-in-poker-machine-profit/story-e6freuzi-1226147364343

Yes, its great to see a bulldogs supporter on our forum who behaves like a gentleman.
yes, you should become a manly supporter, its the best feeling in this world :)

Imagine the trolls we would have faced had that game gone the other way, **** Hasler, his mutts and their **** fans (CK not included)

They are so butthurt right now not even a lifetime supply of rectinol could fix them

Lost the game and the recruit they wanted,re-sign trex and their failure would be complete

People winning last night was having that huge monkey off our back.
I can see that some posters don't mind dog supporters coming on here and playing the diplomat nice guy , well I disagree if we had lost do you think it would of been " time slot for questions & answers " I bet it would of been alot different and probably another 100 trolls would have signed up and had a go...

F.... off , go cry on the kennel we don't need your kind here , maybe not all but most of your supporters are known to be the pits by all nrl clubs & we don't want or need to be associated with you peole at all.

After what your club has caused our manly Club & players over the ladt 6 months ,Just sit
back & admire what the players did last night for manly that game for them wasn't about being footballers but about being men with pride and rising to a life challenge.

I take my hat off to the boys for last nights effort especially that last 4 minutes.

I'm sure they don't care or respect you coming here and giving us your precious time on the game review & life theories.

Go back to the dog house otherwise known as the kennel if you happen to be lost

Rex said:
Sounds like you want to do an Ettingshausen on him!

Your dilemma, CaptainKickass:

Question: What to do with all those wasted "Be Manly, be a Bulldog" T-shirts?
Suggestion: A tiny, tiny alteration and it works: "Be Manly, beat a Bulldog"
To answer the first bit ... ummm, happily married thanks.

As for the second bit ... it's the best suggestion so far out of all "one" suggestions I've got.

DSM5 said:
My thoughts on last night was that that was the best team that the Dogs could put on the park. Ours lacked two quality players Foran and T-Rex, and another three or four who hadn't played for a month together. As well, your coach does have intimate knowledge of our players strengths and weaknesses. Not good enough to lose by two, I would have expected, if I was a dogs supporter, a loss by Manly of at least twenty given the home ground, coach and full strength side you put up. If that's the best you can do then you'll struggle to make the eight. Us? We can only get better. Thanks to the dog's players who have played us back into winning form. And really, Homebush is the pits.
We were missing Hodkinson too there dancing gums.

I'm not sure what footy you like to watch, but I find anytime a team is missing any of their spine (that's footy talk for players in 1,6,7,9), that team will struggle with cohesion. Just like we did last night.

That being said, to go down by two measly points to the reigning premiers (when lets face it, the bounce of the ball could have gone our way twice and left you crying in your weetbix the next morning) ... was a good effort.

Don't get me wrong : I wanted the two points. But YOU guys are the premiers, you were expected to win, we we're missing our #7, and we gave you a good ol' fright. I'm Ok with it. We live to fight another day, and I'll just ahve to have my fun at your expense in Rd20 instead.

PS : No arguments on Homebush. See my other thread.

Jatz Crackers said:
No need for sledging. No need for questions.

Just a statement of fact that as a Manly fan on a Manly fan forum I have zero need to hear the admissions of failure, or the ongoing ad nuseum posts of a bulldog supporter coming here to discuss soap opera topics instead of football.
Right of reply : There's a gazillion other threads for you, and I'm here for a grand total of 5 days a year.

I think you should invest in some of those panties that don't bunch up so much. BTW, I'll be back after Rd20 too ... ;)

jjai said:
Would have been a big ask if Dogkinson was there anyway .. All he would have done when the pressure was on him is kick it dead from his side of the half or kick it out on the full over the sideline when our chasers pressured him, by not having your halfback there made the game closer for you guys
:p
Maybe so. But I went away thinking of we had Hodkinson, we may have completed a few more sets. Reynolds was fantastic and played out of his skin. Keating is a toiler at best. Most Kennel folk don't like the ranga much. But I reckon he did OK with minimal first grade experience to keep Storm to 6, and you lot to 2.

bob dylan said:
A quick question, do you hate going to that Dump of a ground?
In a word - YES.

The negatives outweigh the positives.

The Eagle said:
My question is how do you see Hodkinson as a true halfback? Also what do you think of James Graham?

I'll give the dogs this, they played at origin intensity for as long as they could, the hits were tough

Des now sees manly as the new Melbourne, he thinks we can simply be hit out of a game well we aren't Melbourne, the warriors tried that in the gf and our players will hit back harder, for all 2 strategies he came up with here both failed

Passing inside of the ruck failed and so did bash and barge, what i'm shocked with is he hasn't crafted a set play yet, like Snake does with that second man play, he stopped that last night

I have never hated a player nor coach as much as I do Des and I've seen Billy Slater
Ok then ... well you're a bit all over the shop, so I'll put that down to a late night celebrating.

Hodkinson a true halfback ? = My estimation of a true half differs from the hard-nosed armchair coaching types ... I think he has potential, and I like to judge players after they've had 50 or so first grade games. I'm happy to have him. I want to see him and whichever chosen sidekick to string 20 uninterupted games together as a combo. But for now, he's young and coachable. A lot to like.

As for James Graham ... we were all excited to hear he was coming. He came with big wraps, but it's still early days as far as his NRL tenure goes. That being said, happy to have him too.

As for the rest of your ramble ...

- Des sees Manly as Melbourne ? No.
- Comparing this weeks game to the GF last year ? ... Nothing alike.
- Crafting set plays ? ... Off the top of my head, we did OK with those against Dragons in Rd2. They plays ARE there, but our halfback isn't to execute them.

No Hodkinson?

Both Stewarts were coming back a little underdone after missing weeks of footy. No Foran. No Trex.

12-10.

north coast eagle said:
Afternoon Captiankickass

Q1 What is the source of the Bulldogs wealth? Seriously where does all this Bulldogs wealth actually come from?

Proper answer = I don't know. I'm not privy to annual reports, etc

My guess = Poker machines. We're fortunate to be backed by one of the clubs with the highest turnover for poker machines in the state. This ensures the Bulldogs financial @rses are covered if we even ran into a loss on operating costs (ala Gold Coast).

It's my understanding, Greenburg runs a tight ship in Admin, keeps the costs down, explores all avenues for revenue and proudly boasts about correct governance when it comes to anything salary cap related. - Hate him all you like, but you can't deny he's the best in the biz.

Q2. Has there been any indication from the club that this will change to a policy of player development under Hasler and Cleal?
From the club ? No official announcements such as that.

In reality, Des coming over was always going to come with changes. You must remember he's all of 6 months into his new role, and if things had've gone the way they should have, he'd still be here at Manly for this season,and wouldn't start with us until 2013. He's been accelerated into this role and inherited our roster.

I imagine after this season, he'll take stock and plan for 2014 with the "team he wants" ... I dont know who the dead wood is in his opinion, but again, I imagine he'll have to clear the stocks a bit first.

If Des wants to p*ss me off personally, he should let go Joel Romelo (I;m the official bandwagon driver)... as much as I like him lately I'd dead slap that man in the chops if he ever did that !

Sumdumguy said:
Des has turned the Dogs around to be extremely competetive this year, with a bit of luck, eg Turner catching that kick in goal and Goodwin grounding that ball they could have easily beaten us last night. Des is still building the side he wants for the future, whereas we have the side we want now. I think the next couple of years are going to be pretty good for you Doggies supporters and the Dogs Vs Sea Eagles games are going to be absolute ball tearers.
P.S. How good was G Rose last night?
Great post.

And George is the bane of my existence at the moment. A Right foot sidestep FFS ?!!?!?! ... (*facepalm*)

Manly1973 said:
I say to Mr Invisible and CK,

Piss off back to your own doggy doggy lamo forum,

Had you scum bags won last night you both would be on here giving us plenty, please don’t try to come off as some nice guy neutral supporter,

We won and don’t need you scum bags on this forum, get a life.
OK, OK .. you caught me out. I was secretly hoping for a win so I could run over here and (instead of banging my wife and/or spending the last 10 hours with friends) sledge you lot for some cheap laughs. ;)

I'll be gone soon enough ... but now that I know I'm irritating YOU, I might stay another day ... :p

voicefromthehill said:
CK promised a big day - he didn't deliver....
Oh damn .... this is not good.

Please accept my apologies. Lets just say I had un-announced visitors, followed by a pre-committment to attend a party, and this has clearly ruined our internets.

Sadly, I'm not the type to go checkin' in on the internet when I'm busy mingling and oogling the goodies of fine ladies in the room, while getting semi-drunk. Maybe in a parallel universe, it's possible I would've been buried in my iPhone posting on Silvertails !

MANLY4LIFE said:
2 points or 12 u still lost ,you only scored in the dying minutes until then you were dominated all 2nd half and had we converted the many more clear cut opportunities we created the score would have been a lot worse For you,end of the day we got the 2 points that really matter ,see you at Brooky for another lesson ........
I expected nothing less from the reigning premiers ... it was fun watching y'all sweat the week out though.

Remember this ? "Oh god, if we lose to the Dogs, I wont be able to X,Y,Z anymore !" ....

Be manly don't be a dog
I like "Be Manly, Be 7th on For and Against" ... that'd make a good shirt yeah ?

eagles2win said:
I don't mind other teams supporters coming on here as long as it's not to antagonise ppl.

I came here as a matter of prinicple ... and I already know my presence alone is annoying enough, so I don't have to go pushing buttons. That'd get boring fast anyway.

Jono said:
Good game from both sides. You should keep Reynolds, and don't expect too much from Hasler this year, give him time.
I agree. Good post that.

MANLY4LIFE said:
You come across as a diplomatic bulldogs supporter all the while your taking sly little jabs at us in a condescending tone and we all see through your act ....
I think you're talking to Punchy when you say that ... (*thumbs up at Jono*) ;)

But yes, I am also a diplomatic Dogs supporter, who happens to be a raving lunatic in his own forum.

Seriously, have you seen the sh*t I come up with over there ???? They even let me be a moderator !!! It did cost me a lot of sexual favours though. And yes, I'm tired and a little bit sore.

Mal Cochrane said:
No Hodkinson?

Both Stewarts were coming back a little underdone after missing weeks of footy. No Foran. No Trex.

12-10.
I see what you've done there Mal ?

Luring me into an extended chat whereby if go into any detail about the reasons why we fell short, y'all cry "excuses" !!!

Bad Mal .... very, very bad. :p

I'll leave you with food for thought ... (1) Remember you are the reigning premiers and expectation was on you. (2) Count the number of NRL games experience across both squads, and then dissect that further across the 1,6,7,9 - I'm hoping you'll see (coaches aside) that one team was heavily favoured.

Without having read the whole thread.....

Kudos KA for coming back and wearing some flack.

Be proud of your boys they did well and tried hard for the whole game.

This re-signing of Foz, combined with a gutsy win for the Sea Eagles, could well be the turning point in what's been an inconsistent and fairly lackluster start to our Premiership defense :)

Manly1973 said:
I say to Mr Invisible and CK,

Piss off back to your own doggy doggy lamo forum,

Had you scum bags won last night you both would be on here giving us plenty, please don’t try to come off as some nice guy neutral supporter,

We won and don’t need you scum bags on this forum, get a life.

As a Manly supporter we also do not need uncalled for and mindless abuse . Abuse tells us nothing. The Bulldogs contributions that you are referring to in this strand are much more informative, polite and interesting than the quote above. Try to respond in a similar fashion to make this Forum grown up.

eagles2win said:
Would love Dan to introduce a general NRL forum(and International league). So yourself and others on here can come here and have some healthy banter between clubs.

Gets a bit boring discussing the same thing over and over again.

For example at the moment I think Souths have sorted there defence out.

And also the Sharks I love watching : Forwards bash the living s**t out of whatever's moving and Todd Carney capitalises on that.

What, like this one? :)

STRugbyLeagueForum.jpg

and oh look everybody, this isn't just a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles discussion forum after all, and look, it also says that "We welcome supporters of other NRL teams, or moreso, you are welcome to post, but please come armed with a thick skin and a sense of humour, this is after all a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles site."

After looking at some of the responses that these outside supporters of other teams get in some of these threads when they haven't broken any rules, it would appear that some of us are the ones that require a "thick skin and a sense of humour".

*Note*
If anyone thinks that these outside supporters of other teams get on your nerves so much then just add them to your ignore list if you don't want to see any of their posts. If anybody doesn't know how to do that then click on the unwanted person's username and when the new page opens up, scroll down the page and click on "Add to Ignore List".

A 2am response CK! Your humble apologies accepted.

re your statement about your 1, 6, 7 & 9 - do you see a weakness there in your squad, and who do you want to replace that? (BTW - you can't have Foran ;) ) Personally as said earlier your 6 appears to be a heart on he sleeve type player, haven't watched enough to make observation on his skill, think he is an effort player. The problem there is I don't think Hodko compliments that style of play, they are similar IMO which leaves it a bit one dimensional. As I say my thoughts mate.

Also are Romello and Kasiano off contract? Would love them in Manly colours ;)

voicefromthehill said:
A 2am response CK! Your humble apologies accepted.

re your statement about your 1, 6, 7 & 9 - do you see a weakness there in your squad, and who do you want to replace that? (BTW - you can't have Foran ;) ) Personally as said earlier your 6 appears to be a heart on he sleeve type player, haven't watched enough to make observation on his skill, think he is an effort player. The problem there is I don't think Hodko compliments that style of play, they are similar IMO which leaves it a bit one dimensional. As I say my thoughts mate.

Also are Romello and Kasiano off contract? Would love them in Manly colours ;)

1. What can I say ? Insomnia's a b*tch when winding down from parties.

2. Re : 1,6,7,9 - I don't come prepared with stats, so allow some leeway here. I'm the first to admit I don't know much about much.

Barba has had all of 30 games in the #1. Reynolds has had maybe 20 in the #6, Keating perhaps 10 games in the halves, and then there's Ennis who makes up the bulk of our experience with about 200 games, but we're starting to think he's playing at 70% and hasn't come back properly from his neck injury. - At best out 1,6,9 have played 10-20 games together as a unit, with Keating filling in the last 4. Not much experience as a unit.

Compare that to Stewart (150 games ?), DCE (50 games), Foran (3 games), Balin (100+ games) ... and ADD the fact that 3 of those players are seasoned representative/finals performers ... it's clear to me where the advantages lie.

To get back to the point - I dont wanna replace anyone. I'd just love to see us get 10-15 games under our belt in those roles injury/suspension free ... THEN Des can work his magic. - We saw glimpses of it in the opening rounds. We've been working with certain players in certain positions since November, and it all came undone when Hodkinson got injured.

Also ... Kas is on the verge of signing for 3 years.
And Joel .... poor Joel .... always an afterthought, until he gives someone a shirt full of broken ribs. I imagine if he doesn't go back to QLD, he'll get signed to a one year deal near Round 26.

SwornEagle said:
Lol @ CK! Comes across as bad a troll as Mr I, just different angle, still condescending.
Let me guess ..... YOU'RE the one who needs sh*t spelled out for him all the time ?

I'll dumb it down for you.
We call it "context".

You won ... and just .... by 2 points.
I acknowledge your winning grin.
I'm in your house today to get my lumps, and I'm trying to behave.
I still think my club, colours and fans is still better than your club, colours and fans.

75% of the people in this thread do not object.
I've filled 6 pages with what you simply label "trolling", because of your inability to understand my motivation for being here.

Fear not box-head ... I'll be gone tomorrow.

CK you've mentioned a few times abut the bounce of the ball & you could have, should have, might have won. Yet you seem to only see those bounces that went against you and not those that went for you such as when Barba didn't even contest the bomb, that bounce could have, should have, might have resulted in another Manly try. It cuts both ways.

The funniest thing about that moment was all the commentators carrying on about how Barba saved the try by getting hold of the pill when he was the reason they were in that situation in the first place.

Another point, my wife was a Dogs supporter when I married her and she is now a rabid die hard Manly supporter. What that means is that it isn't too late for you lot to get on our bandwagon and enjoy some success.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8