MVP: Most valuable player for [round 3: sea eagles v sharks 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3. Parcell
2. Jake
1. Snake
________

• T-Red - really good tonight, hungry and focused.
  • Tapau played 80mins and tried hard all night but we'll lose him for 2-3 weeks.
  • Tom T looked really good tonight also - his best this year.
  • Mateo looked sharp and had real impact off the bench.
  • Lawrence also played strongly with high energy.
  • Barrett, picked a better team tonight and managed the interchange well.

Jake for all around effort, Parcell for defence and spark in attack and Tom T for safeness under the high ball and attack. Special mention to Symonds, Lyon, Walker and Vave.

im not gonna give him points but i felt like dylan walker looked pretty dangerous tonight.. 3. for jake.. 2 for tom. 1 for parcell. all three could've got top points though.

3. Attack - good service from Parcell made everyone look better, seems to be dragging DCE out of his slump, forwards hitting the line with aggression and some of those moves out wide were beatiful to watch. Not a well oiled machine just yet, but you can see the potential now.

2. Defence -improved out of site. They scored a lucky try at the start after a huge slice of luck on a charge down and another after 4 straight sets on our line. I can handle conceding tries like that.

1. Hanging on to the ball. We didn't panic when the chips were down early on. Not sure what the count was but it was surely a hell of a lot less than the last 2 weeks.

Snake makes such a difference to the side. We just look better organised and settled when he is there. Defence was a lot more willing tonight, and there was even line speed and aggression.....good to see. Jake was solid, BJ continues to make an impact, T Red did a lot of good work shoring up the middle early on. DCE still hasn't hit his straps in attack, but defensively he has been good. Parcell's passing game is really good, nice and crisp, gets the attack a little extra nanosecond or two.

3. Jake T (honestly, this bloke is destined for greatness. Absolute workhorse. No better front-on tackler in the game - a masterclass yet again in tackling technique tonight).
2. Snake - proved yet again that his presence is crucial to our structure in defence and attack. His positional play was absolutely spot on as usual.
1. Parcell - our best pick up in the off season. Cemented the hooker starting spot tonight with a great effort.

Special mentions - Brenton, Tommy S and Feleti. Should've all been there from game 1.

Negatives - Matai did plenty of good work with strong hit ups etc but his defence was found wanting tonight. Zoolander needs to tell him (and Jorge) to stop jamming in all the time to pull off big hits - it usually just leaves holes/overlaps that the opposing team exploits.

So it's ok to dish it out to Williame but not to an ex Dragons and Sharks player? Fair enough. You criticise people who bagged the coach for continuously picking the bloke that you're still bagging even though he didn't play. Makes perfect sense.
*turns joke detector on*

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Roasted em pretty hard last week, and rightfully so.

This week was a different story. I'm not getting carried away by any stretch, but the main thing was the D. The effort from everybody (Myles + Vave much much better) was visible, we were smart, aggressive and energetic. Pretty good Sharks team with some studs, they had a hell of a lot of ball as well and I didn't feel overly threatened at any point and try 1 was a pure mistake.

Offensively, there were glimpses. Walker and DCE actually passed to one another which was a first, and the offensive structure was far better, and as a result we looked more dangerous. DCE wasn't really polished, but gee he put in a stint for the team. The combinations will come as long as effort is there, and it was there this week.

Last point, special mention to Turbos, boys are special. Jake has a great pair of hands as well and could go on to be one of the best 13's around, game is going to another level. I now see what the Parcell fuss was about, gun!!!

Really hard to pick this one, but that says it was a team effort which is great. That said:

3) Jake T. Ran hard, tackled hard. Pretty to watch.

2) Parcell. First game staring and he looked like a natural. Ran the ball on the 5th when it probably wasn't on but he backed himself which I don't mind at all. The kids is fast which gets us on the front foot. 50 plus tackles I think, bravo.

1) Snake. Made a hell of a difference to us, the energy he brings was clear to see.

Plenty of other honourable mentions, in no particular order:

Lawrence: Going great off the bench, don't change a thing. Absolutely giving it to Ennis all night too.

Tom T: Played with more confidence with Snake out there to guide him. Fast, a couple of good grubbers, good work cleaning up a a few kicks in defence.

Vave: Ran hard, tackled hard while he was out there.

Symonds: Hungry all night, did a lot of work in defence. I'm sure the coach took notice.

DCE: Looking better with each game. Looked dangerous at the line, that obstruction was close. Has to find touch with every kick, but he was clearly furious with himself. Silly error which he'll correct.

Tapau: Aggression. Too bad we'll miss him for a few weeks now.

Barrett: Pretty much picked the best side available to him. First win as Manly coach, well done mate!

Voting for Rd 3 closed:

3 Parcell
2 Jake T
1 Snake

So Jake T polls points for the third consecutive week. Parcell cleans up the 3 points to move into second with BJ and Snake polls a point in his first game of the season.

Thanks for voting!

I reckon you'll see a lot more 3 points for Matt Parcell before we get to the semi finals.

I told you lot ( after watching him in the QLD Cup for 3 months after we signed him ) that he's a genuine superstar.

Watch this space he will play for QLD and Australia one day ( Glanville probably in front of him at this point but give him a season in first grade and let's see).

I reckon you'll see a lot more 3 points for Matt Parcell before we get to the semi finals.

I told you lot ( after watching him in the QLD Cup for 3 months after we signed him ) that he's a genuine superstar.

Watch this space he will play for QLD and Australia one day ( Glanville probably in front of him at this point but give him a season in first grade and let's see).

Hey you didn't tell me, I also live in Brisbane and watch the Qcup every now and then. The kid is a freak.

Also I would pick Parcell over Granville. Granville is a great dummy half runner but his passing is really shoddy.

Hey you didn't tell me, I also live in Brisbane and watch the Qcup every now and then. The kid is a freak.

Also I would pick Parcell over Granville. Granville is a great dummy half runner but his passing is really shoddy.

He was a cut above the rest playing for Ippy!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6