MW logo old/new

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which logo would you like to see if you had the choice?

• 70’s style logo (eagle and mw ball)

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Current logo

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Don’t get me wrong ladies and gents, I love our current logo and I can honestly say it’s one of the best in the league no doubt about it. But there is something about the 70’s logo with the eagle clawing the ball that’s so iconic. Whether it’s the success around it or the simplicity about it I think it’s pretty strong.

The old one has been used by the club frequently the past couple of years on merchandise and in today’s age in sports a lot of clubs around the world are changing their logos to simpler and sharper logos especially to coincide with street apparel as well as the jerseys.
How would everyone around here feel if we were to revert to this classic like shown in this polo or even a few minor modernised changes to it? I for one would actually love it and I wasn’t even around in the 70’s or 80’s for that matter.

(Couldn’t upload the photo so I’ll include the Facebook link instead)
https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles/posts/10155901688410993

I like both the old and new ones, but the particular way it’s printed on the link above looked like a bat to me at first glance. It’s never done that before :eek:

That new shirt looks great and also has a good shape/fit about it.

I reckon both are great. I think the current club logo has evolved into a strong brand that doesn't come across as too cartoony and has a good level of aggressiveness.

I will say I would like to see a shirt/jacket/jersey with the old sixties logo embroidered in solid white (or solid maroon if on white) in the style of the emblem on the old skivvy below......

old lgo.JPG

Ray Higgs with a maroon embroidered logo....

ray higgs.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of always liked the 80's era one

manly logo.jpg

I think they had this at one stage that had a gold background too if i remember rightly

Having read that the Cleveland Indians have been shamed into removing their logo because it is "racist" I'll be glad if we can retain the name 'Sea Eagles'. I'm sure there must be a group somewhere who'll find something wrong with the name. Don't be surprised if we are pressured to change it to 'The Ocean Birds' which is much less gender specific. . .

Having read that the Cleveland Indians have been shamed into removing their logo because it is "racist" I'll be glad if we can retain the name 'Sea Eagles'. I'm sure there must be a group somewhere who'll find something wrong with the name. Don't be surprised if we are pressured to change it to 'The Ocean Birds' which is much less gender specific. . .
I'm part indigenous and one of my mobs totems is the Sea Eagle. Gonna get a tattoo of one with 40 nil under it soon. Double significance.

Don't get me started on that !! Hate the way the world is going these days. I'm an Indians fan and thought it is one of the best logos in sport so I'll be buying up some gear with it on before they phase it out

Just another example of the lefties dictating to the rest of the world how we should live, think and act. Surprised no one has called for "Manly" to be changed as its clearly sexist.

Well, I certainly believe that giving eels a team like Parra is an insult to eels.

Just another example of the lefties dictating to the rest of the world how we should live, think and act. Surprised no one has called for "Manly" to be changed as its clearly sexist.

Think I saw one of the best ever last night

PETA want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to start eating vegan pizza ... FFS

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8