MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd be happy for Cohag to join us over here he gave me an almighty spray in the last days of MWSE (which by the way was another nail in the coffin as I was advised by a staff member on Friday night) for me having the audacity to sponsor Silvertails...I had to curtail myelf on MWSE, but he might find me not so generous over here.

As you all know I have tried to be a peacemaker (and still will) between MWSE and ST, at the end of the day we are ALL fans of the mighty Sea Eagles and the "them and us" situation I hope should be dead and buried from now on.

There will be some that won't enjoy this forum and will either join and stay a short time but many will be valuable contributors and I would hope those that have been on here for years welcome those that are just joining.

Cheers and I wait with baited breath for Cohag to make an appearance

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I'd be happy for Cohag to join us over here he gave me an almighty spray in the last days of MWSE (which by the way was another nail in the coffin as I was advised by a staff member on Friday night) for me having the audacity to sponsor Silvertails...I had to curtail myelf on MWSE, but he might find me not so generous over here.

As you all know I have tried to be a peacemaker (and still will) between MWSE and ST, at the end of the day we are ALL fans of the mighty Sea Eagles and the \"them and us\" situation I hope should be dead and buried from now on.

There will be some that won't enjoy this forum and will either join and stay a short time but many will be valuable contributors and I would hope those that have been on here for years welcome those that are just joining.

He disappeared pretty quick after a verbal rev-up from a few of us.Did 2 or 3 posts on the subject,got me confused with another poster,then he didn't post again.I thought Vid and yourself were very calm and diplomatic

Hey Dan, if you end up needing to set up a separate forum for the more sensitive arrivals you could call it the South Pacific Solution.

6 years on and all the manly forum posting fans under 1 roof at last.

i never thought it would happen tbh but i suppose its a good thing.

at least now i can call myself a true supporter ;)

hey any of yous know if bones & jonsey have made their way here??

& wheres james (JBB)  havent seen him in like 2months  is he ok ??

lol @ cohag  if he comes he wont let it be known its him lol.. 

Jonsey has posted here, James (Jbb) hasn't posted on MWSE for a while, but he's alive and well as I saw him in Townsville.

People will make their way across here, many (or even most) of the regular contributors on MWSE have moved already, and more will come as the weeks go on. I sat near Commander last night at SOO 2, he wasn't even aware it had been closed so he will be across here soon (yet another Queenslander).

The main thing guys over here is that things remain civil, and we all try and get along as best as possible. People have different opinions, and I'm hoping NO-ONE is made feel unwelcome.

I personally hope everyone posts here, and in fact, I hope it builds / mends many bridges, and we become a great community for all Manly fans to critique / praise / vent and enjoy all Manly talk as they see fit.

Welcome all and sundry.

jjai link said:

I emailed James yesterday about what's happening still yet to get a response, a few of the Qld guys are pretty upset about it (myself included).

He's had a self imposed computer ban for the last two months

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183601.msg266930#msg266930 date=1276731255]

I emailed James yesterday about what's happening still yet to get a response, a few of the Qld guys are pretty upset about it (myself included).

He's had a self imposed computer ban for the last two months
[/quote]..
ok ANT if you see james tell him i said hi..

Jonsey has posted here, James (Jbb) hasn't posted on MWSE for a while, but he's alive and well as I saw him in Townsville.

People will make their way across here, many (or even most) of the regular contributors on MWSE have moved already, and more will come as the weeks go on. I sat near Commander last night at SOO 2, he wasn't even aware it had been closed so he will be across here soon (yet another Queenslander).

Mark - you are a great guy, and could be a great bridge between the two sites. Please make sure you let all those guys know (even the one's that gave us a serve at times :) ), that they are most welcome, and what has been said and done previous is in the past, and we'd all like to go forward as one united group of Manly fans (most of us die hard !! ;))

As you all know I have tried to be a peacemaker (and still will) between MWSE and ST, at the end of the day we are ALL fans of the mighty Sea Eagles and the \"them and us\" situation I hope should be dead and buried from now on.

It is ironic that the abuse/slander & vilification Cohag was referring to on here was actually the reason MWSE forum was closed down.  This abuse was actually done by non ST posters over there and Cohag himself was a contributor LOL.

Welcome all newbies, there is a lot of misconception about what goes on here, you will find us all passionate Manly fans.  Some like Ryan are a little misguided (you will understand once you see the next YART) but as long as all opinions are respected t should be great discussing our next premiership win - just hope it doesn't take another 9 years

Also Mark, to add to what Ryan has already mentioned, tell them that if someone says something negative towards them, not to go straight on the offensive as most things said here are said tongue in cheek as light hearted digs and also that everyone has an opinion whether they are right or wrong, we are all entitled to one.

The Wheel link said:
Welcome all newbies, there is a lot of misconception about what goes on here, you will find us all passionate Manly fans.  Some like Ryan are a little misguided (you will understand once you see the next YART) but as long as all opinions are respected t should be great discussing our next premiership win - just hope it doesn't take another 9 years

For all of the Newbies, YART stands for:

Yet
Another
Ryan
Team

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183601.msg266918#msg266918 date=1276728421]

It is ironic that the abuse/slander & vilification Cohag was referring to on here was actually the reason MWSE forum was closed down.  This abuse was actually done by non ST posters over there and Cohag himself was a contributor LOL.

Welcome all newbies, there is a lot of misconception about what goes on here, you will find us all passionate Manly fans.  Some like Ryan are a little misguided (you will understand once you see the next YART) but as long as all opinions are respected t should be great discussing our next premiership win - just hope it doesn't take another 9 years
[/quote]

As misguided as the quizzed look on the doctors face as he saw your melon 1st coming out of your Mum thinking it was arse first, only to realize it actually WAS your head ! ;)

Tongue in cheek - see guys....

Onwards & upwards hey!

I've seen you quite a few times at the footy Vid - Will say G'day next time.

Cheers - Jerry
[/quote]

Hi Jerry, Yes by all means come and say G'day and introduce yourself if you see me?

I'm generally in the bistro at the club pre-game about a couple of hours before kick off and then at the back of the Hill during the game (southern side of the beer shed below the Brooky Hotel sign)

Cheers

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
change your name back to Bob Dylan, so ppl know who you are

Had some problems getting setup so now I am back to Bob Bob Dylan (hope it works).

Thanks for the encouragement fellas.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg266831#msg266831 date=1276689964]

Onwards & upwards hey!

I've seen you quite a few times at the footy Vid - Will say G'day next time.

Cheers - Jerry
[/quote]

Hi Jerry, Yes by all means come and say G'day and introduce yourself if you see me?

I'm generally in the bistro at the club pre-game about a couple of hours before kick off and then at the back of the Hill during the game (southern side of the beer shed below the Brooky Hotel sign)

Cheers

[/quote]

You know, Vids the one you hear on television when everything is quiet, and that one guy explodes with "Manly, Manly, Manly". The guy who's voice box sounds as though it is splitting into four.

The newbies will need a bit of help to assimilate here, especially as it's VERY different to MWSE.

I don't mind the occasional barb or spear thrown at me, it's when it gets a bit personal (as it can do) that's the worry.

By all means knock my opinion (if you wish) but playing the man is a low blow I reckon.

So the newbies will have to be " a little cooler and not take things to heart" and the "oldies" will have to be a little understanding of them for a while, once everyone is assimilated then go for your lives and let demoracy rule again!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4