MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Frogz link said:
Well Ive come across.

Look forward to still having somewhere to keep in touch with whats going on.

Cheers

Welcome Frogz and also to all the other newbies that have joined since the last time that I welcomed the new Newbies yesterday (or was it this morning).

I sent them a message telling them not to contact me from now on, I will contact them if I need to.

I also asked them to update the Members News section which hasnt been updated since March.

I also let them know I live the same distance from Brookvale as the MCG and might just join Hawthorn Football Club instead of the my favoured Sea Eagles.

Hope I get a reply but I am not expecting one.

G'day all. Come over to the "dark side"???????? to get my Manly fix.  ;). Good to see some familar posters and some new ones as well.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=183601.msg266977#msg266977 date=1276735318]
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg266831#msg266831 date=1276689964]

Onwards & upwards hey!

I've seen you quite a few times at the footy Vid - Will say G'day next time.

Cheers - Jerry
[/quote]

Hi Jerry, Yes by all means come and say G'day and introduce yourself if you see me?

I'm generally in the bistro at the club pre-game about a couple of hours before kick off and then at the back of the Hill during the game (southern side of the beer shed below the Brooky Hotel sign)

Cheers

[/quote]

You know, Vids the one you hear on television when everything is quiet, and that one guy explodes with "Manly, Manly, Manly". The guy who's voice box sounds as though it is splitting into four.
[/quote] I really want to buy that guy a beer one day and hang with him on the Hill.  I think if I were able to combine my foghorn with his voice we'd outdo a vuvuzela chorus.

Crikey, your away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose.

I can understand why the shut down MWSE site but what I can't understand is why everyone else was posting in silvertails. It is by far the better site.

After looking through the site, i like what i see,a group of Manly fans having fun,
as some of you might know i was a Sponsor for 2 years,spent over $40,000 and then i was treated like a prick by some staff members because i stood up for myself!!! The only staff member that treated me and my family well was Aaron.
Anyway thats water under the bridge and looking foward to the future, hello all!!!!!

I have been having some banta back & forth with the MWSE site today.

As of today they were still advertising as part of the membership package access to the members only forum. I pointed this out to them when they told me it wasn't an advertised as part of the membership package (which it was). See below taken from the site today.

Entitlements:
• General Admission entry into any three Sea Eagles home games of your choice in the 2010 season at Brookvale Oval or Bluetongue Stadium
• Bar-coded membership card
• Lanyard
• Exclusive members-only e-newsletters including Des’ Diary
• Access to the members-only forum

3 GAME MEMBERSHIP
ADULTS $50
CONCESSION & JUNIOR 8 $35
FAMILY 9 $125

Fair enough it they want to shut the forum down over there but they should have waited till our memberships expired.

There will be plenty of members unaware of this site as I was until I went shopping due to the censorship issues.

Real bad patter.   

Unprofessional.

Jerry1 link said:
Entitlements:

Fair enough it they want to shut the forum down over there but they should have waited till our memberships expired.

Unprofessional.

Hey Jerry, and welcome here mate (its Codeman from MWSE).

I totally agree with your post. I joined this year only so that I could post on the message boards over there since I would not be able to get to games and am a student so while Manly need membership $$, I need Cody $$ too.

I wonder if, since I am no longer getting the product I was promised, I am eligible for a refund. I don't want one, and wouldn't accept it, but the club should realise that it was the wrong thing to do.

Ryan link said:
The main thing guys over here is that things remain civil, and we all try and get along as best as possible. People have different opinions, and I'm hoping NO-ONE is made feel unwelcome.

I personally hope everyone posts here, and in fact, I hope it builds / mends many bridges, and we become a great community for all Manly fans to critique / praise / vent and enjoy all Manly talk as they see fit.

Welcome all and sundry.
 And when we lose it can turn feral.

codewana link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg267126#msg267126 date=1276771131]

Entitlements:

Unprofessional.

Hey Jerry, and welcome here mate (its Codeman from MWSE).

I totally agree with your post. I joined this year only so that I could post on the message boards over there since I would not be able to get to games and am a student so while Manly need membership $$, I need Cody $$ too.

I wonder if, since I am no longer getting the product I was promised, I am eligible for a refund. I don't want one, and wouldn't accept it, but the club should realise that it was the wrong thing to do.
[/quote]

I thought they were going to ban me too mate - I did loads of post in support of the unjustly banned. I even started a thread that lasted about twenty seconds before it was removed. Put your name here if you think the bannings have gone too far.

The thing is that as I pay for a bunch of memberships I don't think they were going really going to ban me. Potentially it would cost them five memberships.

At the end of the day it was all smoke & mirrors. A calculated excuse to shut down a cost center. It has nothing to do with negative publicity & hurting the feeling of a few under performing players.

The thing is they didn't do their research. The membership is a contract. You can put as many disclaimers in as you like but they mean jack as far as the law is concerned. If they sell you a product they have to deliver it in full. No ifs or buts. It's the law.

It will be their undoing.

Anyway - Let's move on - the past is the past.

Gotta get a million posts in to get of the newbie thing!

:)

(Thinking - what can I whine about now!)

:eek:

Jerry1 link said:
I thought they were going to ban me too mate - I did loads of post in support of the unjustly banned. I even started a thread that lasted about twenty seconds before it was removed. Put your name here if you think the bannings have gone too far.

I saw those and they were appreciated :)

(also trying to shake this newbie status and its been almost a month here!)

codewana link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg267150#msg267150 date=1276774474]

[/quote]

And it looks like I just did!!!  :)

Unfortunately Jerry MWSE have written the terms of membership the way banks do - i.e. T&Cs and entitlements can be amended in any way and at any time.

"23. Membership Benefits - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to add, change or delete benefits from any membership category offered in the 2010 season without prior warning.

24. Membership Terms and Conditions - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time."

To my mind, and the reason I never posted there, is that it is (and can reasonably expected to be) a highly moderated forum.

Just because it was added as a membership benefit and some folks felt that this could be seen to have a dollar value attached to it, then they were then entitled to say whatever they wanted. Um, no, they had clearly defined rules on what was acceptable and were within their rights to moderate, ban or cancel the forum if they wanted.

Personally I am disappointed for all the people who enjoyed that forum and it is gone. Not everyone would be aware but that forum had a long history of heavy moderation and was a sugar coated environment for those who like that. I doubt that it was or could ever be anything more than that.

codewana link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=183601.msg267153#msg267153 date=1276775197]
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183601.msg267150#msg267150 date=1276774474]

[/quote]

And it looks like I just did!!!  :)

Well done Junior!!

:eek:
[/quote]

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183601.msg267158#msg267158 date=1276775619]
Hi again newbies, pleased we are all together again!!

Look at that - more stars than a hilton hotel.

;)
[/quote]

Haha.

Anyone know what the brackets are? Obviously 0-60 is Newbie, but what are the different rank levels?

they should be the default, I will look them up tomorrow. They will change once we move to the new site. I am sick of having an integrated forum which is hacked together with cURL it causes too many problems so we will be moving to an inbuilt one which has some other limitations but less load, so faster, cleaner and happier us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4