MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF link said:
Does the current CEO have the ability to see past his nose?

Finally I got a reply today, and I get the feeling they dont care if I renew my membership or not.

So I wont be.

WAMF link said:
At the end of the day, the decision is a shocker.
I do feel a little ripped off but I don't want to hurt the club financially.
They will manage to hurt themselves.

The whole mwse forum debacle was handled amateurishly and poorly by a club that wishes to be viewed as 'respected and professional' beginning with the 'new forum rules' that were brought in 2-3 weeks ago. The tone of the 'new forum rules' got many members backs up instantly.
Then add the stupid bannings and fast forward a couple of weeks and they decide to remove the forum altogether.

A certain previous ceo would have handled this with a lot more 'understanding' and perhaps may have even consulted with those that frequented the forum to see if there were other options, before just pulling the plug so abruptly.

I am also a refugee from the official site that has just arrived on a leaky boat. I have to agree with your comments WAMF. I'm bitterly disappointed by the clubs actions with the forum. I think they underestimate the effect that pulling the forum will have on membership renewal and uptake.

I also agree with Mark's comments too. I doubt it will be smooth sailing on this mothership either. I had many robust arguments with some of this sites administrators on the official site.

I notice that quite a few of the official site's members have come over. Familiarity is nice. I'm particularly pleased to see Bob Dylan here. I always enjoyed your posts on the official site.

bob dylan link said:
Jethro Bodine always made me laugh

Yeah, he always made me laugh too.

Jethro is actually what my computer name is. My other one is Elly-May and my son's laptop is Jed.

When we first moved back to QLD to Burleigh Waters after I got out of the RAAF, we brought with us 3 kids, 3 blue tongue lizards, a dog, a cat, a red capped parrot and a goose and then bought a pigmy pig (I think that's what it was) the neighbour next door said we were like the Beverley Hillbillies so we called ourselves the Burleigh Hillbillies and the computer naming went from there.

The original Manly forum that I went to join was Aaron's old One Eyed Eagle but there was already someone there with my name (Peter) so I just went along with my computer name and have done so with every other forum that I've joined.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183601.msg267257#msg267257 date=1276825904]

Jethro Bodine always made me laugh

Yeah, he always made me laugh too.

Jethro is actually what my computer name is. My other one is Elly-May and my son's laptop is Jed.

When we first moved back to QLD to Burleigh Waters after I got out of the RAAF, we brought with us 3 kids, 3 blue tongue lizards, a dog, a cat, a red capped parrot and a goose and then bought a pigmy pig (I think that's what it was) the neighbour next door said we were like the Beverley Hillbillies so we called ourselves the Burleigh Hillbillies and the computer naming went from there.

The original Manly forum that I went to join was Aaron's old One Eyed Eagle but there was already someone there with my name (Peter) so I just went along with my computer name and have done so with every other forum that I've joined.
[/quote]

Hey name is Pete too

Gorgeous George link said:
I notice that quite a few of the official site's members have come over. Familiarity is nice. I'm particularly pleased to see Bob Dylan here. I always enjoyed your posts on the official site.

Golly gosh I have given you 1 karma hit.

I can feel the love.

Yeah, I noticed that too the other day when you joined up over here.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183601.msg267260#msg267260 date=1276826972]

Finally I got a reply today, and I get the feeling they dont care if I renew my membership or not.

So I wont be.
[/quote]
I'm not surprised. The current Sea Eagles admin have proven they care little about the fans and clearly need extra lessons in customer service and learning how to keep disgruntled 'customers' on board.
Attitude starts at the top. I have stopped blaming Zorba bcause I have little doubt that the instructions have come from his boss.

That said, I will still renew my membership but will be going for the cheapest possible option.

Jethro link said:

Just to clear one thing up, "the 3 kids you brought with you" were legally yours I presume.

:)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183601.msg267263#msg267263 date=1276827343]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183601.msg267260#msg267260 date=1276826972]

So I wont be.
[/quote]
I'm not surprised. The current Sea Eagles admin have proven they care little about the fans and clearly need extra lessons in customer service and learning how to keep disgruntled 'customers' on board.
Attitude starts at the top. I have stopped blaming Zorba bcause I have little doubt that the instructions have come from his boss.

That said, I will still renew my membership but will be going for the cheapest possible option.
[/quote]

Gunna save my dough and join the travelling supporters to the Gold Coast and/or Melbourne next year.

Welcome to all the newcomers. Despite some of the arguments on the old site, most of the posters here don't bite.

What I can guarantee is plenty of robust debate, minimal moderation except in the case of defamation or personal slurs and plenty of Manly passion.

If you are someone who wants 'sugar coating' don't hang around as this place goes off when we lose - venting and anger at our losses was seen as a capital crime on MWSE but here it is common place. Not every poster loves every Manly player.

Put your seat belt on and enjoy the ride. We look forward to your contributions.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=183601.msg267264#msg267264 date=1276827707]

I can feel the love.
[/quote]

I can use all the good karma I can get!

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183601.msg267267#msg267267 date=1276827987]
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=183601.msg267264#msg267264 date=1276827707]

I can feel the love.
[/quote]

[/quote]I can see that someone knows one of the unwritten rules of this place - if you go fishing for Karma, you get smited!!! :)

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Gorgeous George link=topic=183601.msg267277#msg267277 date=1276829115]
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183601.msg267267#msg267267 date=1276827987]

I can feel the love.
[/quote]

[/quote]I can see that someone knows one of the unwritten rules of this place - if you go fishing for Karma, you get smited!!! :)
[/quote]

Ouch. I guess you live and learn.

Even Dan has 131 Smites...take no notice of them (nor the applauds)....everyone does seem to be setling in, but there are many many more to come over and a few seem to be reticent (which is a pity)

I am here and ready to be yelled at, sworn at, poked, prodded and accept anything you throw at me.

But be warned it will come back. :p

Matabele link said:
I really want to buy that guy a beer one day and hang with him on the Hill.  I think if I were able to combine my foghorn with his voice we'd outdo a vuvuzela chorus.

Always room for more on the Hill Matas and I'm always appreciative of anyone buying me a drink.

Thought we may have seen you at the GC last weekend?

You must be salivating at all the new posters arriving that you can bedazzle with your missives?

Ignore the number of applauds associated with Dan. One weekend his total spiked incredibly, in a very suspicious manner!!! Your privilege if you own the site I suppose.

:) :) :)

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183601.msg267269#msg267269 date=1276828034]

Just to clear one thing up, "the 3 kids you brought with you" were legally yours I presume.

:)
[/quote]

smemotions24.gif

Bob, I said "brought" (which means the past tense of bring) and not "bought" (which means the past tense of buy).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10