MWSE forum closed down today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Canteen Worker link said:
Grammar lessons - yeah. Fro is the resident spelling nark, Jethro - you have the language usage gig!!!

Thanks CW.  I still jump on the occasional spelling mistakes too just ask DSM5 about his incorrect usage of "of" and "off".  I could be just as bad as Fro if I wanted to but I think that one of us doing that is enough. :)

Ant80 link said:
Yay the queen's english forum  :D.............not.

You mean "Yay, the Queen's English forum."

(just kidding)

Actually whilst welcoming the newbies (as we all should do), I would like to pose a question to those of you that have been here for years.

Is this change of landscape welcomed????

Or would you have preferred to stay as you were and bantered amongst yourseleves???

Not that you have a choice I guess as new people are joining at the rate of knotrs but as I say interested to know if you are all happy or feel it's an intrusion into what was a select group of people.

It doesn't really worry me Mark as long as we all get along.  Different views and opinions should always be welcomed anyway and makes better debating and as long as things don't get personal things should be fine.  Also, at least the old "Us Vs Them" mentality should dissipate.

As one who has been here since the very beginning I have no problems with the new members as long as the problems that bedevilled MWSE and One Eyed Eagles (when it existed) don't arise.

The main issue then was the ability to say what one thinks, especially when we lost and the TRUE SUPPORTER debate. Also, we don't want the personal abuse, slanging agenda that proliferated either. (It was partially the Glass Half-Full, Glass Half-Empty issue.)

The site was formed after one or two 'morons' were allowed to ruin it for all, and when people's passion was questioned because they dared to say some ordinary players were ordinary. The famous flogging at Penrith when they scored 66 points was the weekend in question.

Some were outraged by such a thrashing whilst others though we should support the players. It polarised the place.

The reaction on this site after a loss will be the true test of the place.

A few of the old posters here are very strongly opinionated and their views were not always welcome on the club forum. All storms in teacups to me.

I like this site mainly because of the variety and relative freedom to say what you think.  Right now i'm thinking of downing a couple of coldies tonight.
I was never a hard core poster on the now defunct forums anyway i guess.  I was a continuous visitor however.  Being up here in qld, it was a good place to get last minute information on game day.  This site is excellent.  It seems to have a higher level of intellectual debate, sprinkled with course language.  It's all i've ever wanted.

mozgrame link said:
I like this site mainly because of the variety and relative freedom to say what you think.  Right now i'm thinking of downing a couple of coldies tonight.
I was never a hard core poster on the now defunct forums anyway i guess.  I was a continuous visitor however.  Being up here in qld, it was a good place to get last minute information on game day.  This site is excellent.  It seems to have a higher level of intellectual debate, sprinkled with course language.  It's all i've ever wanted.
..  lol moz your not the only 1..  i like it here a lot..

i still feel though i could be the 1st one in the history of silvertails to be banned. with my aggressive remarks i do sometimes..  but im just passionate about my manly... :)

jjai link said:
i still feel though i could be the 1st one in the history of silvertails to be banned. with my aggressive remarks i do sometimes..  but im just passionate about my manly... :)
People have been banned!!!  Mainly for stirring up trouble rather than for agressively held opinions. Some of the mods are quite agressive with their views too.

The race may be on jjai.  I was always very careful not to make disparaging remarks in the old country, but here....well, here's up ya's!!!

mozgrame link said:
The race may be on jjai.  I was always very careful not to make disparaging remarks in the old country, but here....well, here's up ya's!!!
..lol  i wish i was careful ..NOT lol..

I joined up here a few day after the inception of the Alternate Eagles (Silvertails previous name) and floated between here and the official site but never used to post much on either site and came here basically permanently after the official site became pay to post.  I remember all of that "TRUE SUPPORTER" crap.  Don't anybody start any of that crap again.  We all support the club in some way and just because some people may be more financial than others and are able to buy more gear etc. than others who aren't as well off doesn't make them any more a true supporter.  

I could be wrong but I think also back then a lot of went down was because a lot of us still used to visit the official site and there became a conflict between who posted here and those who also posted on the Rocker's forum until we all went our separate ways away from the official forum but a lot of the Rockers still stayed with both.  The official site more or less made us out to be the instigators of trouble there and even started black banning anybody who posted a link to this forum.  They even put it as a clause in their list of rules to post on the official site that you could no longer post links to rival forums.

mozgrame link said:
It seems to have a higher level of intellectual debate, sprinkled with course language.  It's all i've ever wanted.

Qldr & coarse language - yep, makes sense.
Qldr and intellectual debate - give me a break!

Well I've also heard what happened at the MWSE Forum so came here now. Wow so many of the guys who posted at MWSE are here too. Nice to see Jonesy and his mates here too. Is wolfpack here? And what about Bones? Or Lotti?

eelcatcher link said:
Well I've also heard what happened at the MWSE Forum so came here now. Wow so many of the guys who posted at MWSE are here too. Nice to see Jonesy and his mates here too. Is wolfpack here? And what about Bones? Or Lotti?

Now she is one person from over there that I don't want to see here.  The bright one who can't make up her mind if she wants to be a cheating Melbourne Scum supporter or a Manly supporter.  Now DSM5 if you read this, she [glow=yellow,2,300]is[/glow] one who dribbles a lot when she posts.

Welcome anyway eelcatcher.

Nah man, everyones welcome.....lets keep it that way I reckon....there's lotsa love for me to share !!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10