MWSE forum new level of stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183397.msg263713#msg263713 date=1274948238]
[quote author=Fro link=topic=183397.msg263675#msg263675 date=1274936566]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183397.msg263671#msg263671 date=1274935116]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183397.msg263664#msg263664 date=1274931002]

I still stand by my ethos that if you can afford a membership, post here, go to games and all that - you should be a member - or you are a bum...
[/quote]

you are an idiot
[/quote]

Dude, I've now seen your big round bald melon, so any statement from you has less steam - it's as thought the dude under the mask (Master Blaster) in Indiana Jones is trying to dig at me - LoL.

And secondly, I can afford a membership, so pay for it. I back my team. If you can afford it, and are as opinionated about the team as you are, and my lord you are F**king opinionated, yet don't fork out - you are a bum. Full stop (and that's not just you).

I appreciate there are reasons CAN'T be members. That's fine. If you CAN, yet choose NOT too, and are lingering - then seriously - get lost.

And for people to bring Dan up as a non member as being an argument is a bit crazy. I'd say he spends more time and money on this team than 99.9% of us - plus he raises awareness about the brand. 

No if your not a member, get off your fat arse (and we've seen the photos Fro ;) !) and get yourself one ! ( repeat - ;)  )

The stuff up top is just jokes mate - that's what makes this site cool. Thick skins.
[/quote]

I'll address your points in order, and I'll type slowly so you can keep up :)

What does the size, shape or amount of hair on my melon have to do with anything?

Master Blaster was in Mad Max 3 I think you'll find.

Opinionated I may be, but I have never judged anyone by the amount of money they put towards the team, and certainly not by their membership status, And anyone who judges others simply by a label such as member is in fact, an idiot.

Dan is obviously one of the most passionate supporters there is, which is evidenced by the amount of work he does on this site to bring Manly fans together, both members and non. so if he is a bum i'm happy to be in the same category.

Manly are not a brand, they are a sports team, or a club, or a hobby, or a passion, or an obsession. abelling them a brand reflects more on you than on them.

i'm getting a bit worried about you and your facebook stalking, I'll either have to add you or report you :)

I am also a bit concerned about your checking out my arse :) and i'm sorry but its not as big as it was.

And finally i don't take much on here seriously, and certainly not the ramblings of smurfs :)

Have a happy day.
[/quote]

I'll take that mate. Lotsa fillees luuurv the ol smurfi's !
I'm the Johnny Holmes of Smurfs

[img=276x400]http://www.crazydogtshirts.com/catalog/smurfs-full.jpg[/img]

those that have been banned could take it 1 step further and ring his radio show on Sunday and see what he has to say for himself, but I would be guessing that he would not want to talk about it as most of the time he has the opinion of its his opinion and he is right

Glad to see Codeman, Ayjay007 & Happily Manly have found their way here.

I am contemplating phoning Peter Peters this morning to express my complete dissatisfaction at the way events have unfolded over the last 48hrs but I think I may as well go and talk to one of the trees in my yard.

WAMF link said:
Glad to see Codeman and Ayjay007 have found their way here.

I am contemplating phoning Peter Peters this morning to express my complete dissatisfaction at the way events have unfolded over the last 48hrs but I think I may as well go and talk to one of the trees in my yard.

Dude - why bother?
a) He considers fans nothing but distractions;
b) He will only get on his soap box;
c) It will empower him (which is unwarranted);
d) You will not end up feeling any better;

Your better just to stay here, vent with us, then head back when your banning expiry is complete.

We ain't that bad mate :)

Ryan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183397.msg263780#msg263780 date=1274997810]

Dude - why bother?

Your better just to stay here, vent with us, then head back when your banning expiry is complete.

[/quote]

You are right Ryan. This place ain't that bad.

The call would not be about having him reinstate my ability to post on the forum. I honestly have gone past that.

However, he does need to hear from members that in 48hrs, he has managed to undo 4 years of hard work by the previous membership/website team.
He can't be allowed to ruin our club, by that I mean distance fans even further from the club.

Not only has he single-handedly murdered the forum,
have a look at the flyer for the 'dug out experience'.
Look at the bold text disclaimer that he couldn't wait to put in once the renovations were complete to the dressing sheds re no more dug out experience attendees being able to enter the dressing rooms.
No bloody wonder they can't sell these.
I can guarantee this would be Peters call, not from Des.

The club is in jeopardy of losing members by the bus load. They need to employ someone who cares about members and fans, not someone that carries the attitude of 'they can piss off if they don't like it'.

joshw link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183397.msg263744#msg263744 date=1274959497]
Erm, a coaching stint a couple of decades ago.  How many first grade coaches can you name who have become CEOs?

Ken Arthurson
Frank Stanton

[/quote]  Back when we're talking suburban clubs, not multi-million dollar enterprises. 

i dont get some of hysteria about the forums atm

the way some people are reacting you would think we become members for the forum. I think im correct in saying there was a footy team long before we had forums.

I seriously doubt that people would become a member just to use the forum, you have to look at this place before this happened theres a number of blokes who are members but dont use the forum.

Last year i was  wrongly banned and it was very politcal. My banning was because i was pro our then CEO and members of the board didnt like the fact I was posting things they didnt want fans to know. How so you ask because i was pretty much posting stuff the former CEO was telling me and because someone who was very pro the other side (sgt) was banned by the then CEO. I can tell you right now at no stage did i consider not renewing my member.

Think about it alot of clubs have alot more members than manly and dont have a forum.

As for the Goldman thing when i first heard about it i was outraged but apparently there were several issues that Grant is fully aware of that lead to him being let go he was given the chance to leave with dignity and did so only to turn around and change his mind.

That is actually very true Cambo and what I have been saying. But to some the forum is important, they want an outlet to speak with other fans and members and having that taken away is really a slap in the face.

It isn't so much about just the loss of the forum for them, and more to do with the way it has been taken away from them

WAMF link said:
Glad to see Codeman, Ayjay007 & Happily Manly have found their way here.

seriously mate rather than being a hero and posting that on here to a pro audience why dont you grow a set and ring the bloke and state your case like an adult.

I can understand why the forum would be a little more important to you than others with the whole distance thing.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183397.msg263781#msg263781 date=1274998047]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183397.msg263780#msg263780 date=1274997810]

Dude - why bother?

[/quote]

You are right Ryan. This place ain't that bad.

The call would not be about having him reinstate my ability to post on the forum. I honestly have gone past that.

However, he does need to hear from members that in 48hrs, he has managed to undo 4 years of hard work by the previous membership/website team.
He can't be allowed to ruin our club, by that I mean distance fans even further from the club.

Not only has he single-handedly murdered the forum,
have a look at the flyer for the 'dug out experience'.
Look at the bold text disclaimer that he couldn't wait to put in once the renovations were complete to the dressing sheds re no more dug out experience attendees being able to enter the dressing rooms.
No bloody wonder they can't sell these.
I can guarantee this would be Peters call, not from Des.

The club is in jeopardy of losing members by the bus load. They need to employ someone who cares about members and fans, not someone that carries the attitude of 'they can piss off if they don't like it'.
[/quote]
well mate you can guarantee wrong.
You will find access to manlys rooms are very limited and it comes from the coach.
How do i know?
We catered for both manly and parramatta teams after the MNF game
I had 2 drivers with me and we walked up to manly rooms were stopped the several pouches of pizzas taken from us and taken in to the room. We went back to the car got the pouches for parramatta and were invited to take them in their rooms. (for the record i politely declined saying i wanted nothing to do with the blue and gold)
Its all about des and some of the technolgy he is using to keep us ahead of the other clubs legally and nothing to do with our media manager so you need to get your facts straight and stop acting like such a pork chop seriously we are talkin about an internet forum surely you arent a manly fan because of the forum.

One thing i would say to anyone thinking about having a tainty and ripping their membership is, that money is a source of revenue for our club and despite what people think our club isn't flush with funds so think very wisely we lost our club once we dont want to lose it again.

I don't think it's about the forums per se Cam.  It's about the feeling they have that they have been treated with contempt.  

Cambo link said:
We catered for both manly and parramatta teams after the MNF game
I had 2 drivers with me and we walked up to manly rooms were stopped the several pouches of pizzas taken from us and taken in to the room.
Its all about des and some of the technolgy he is using to keep us ahead of the other clubs legally

Discretion shall serve the greater part of valour.  :p

That's exactly it!We don't want to be treated like kids.Everyone on that forum is/was a passionate Manly supporter.The fact we don't all agree with everything that happens on the field,or with the club,doesn't lessen that passion.Not allowing us to comment(and let's not forget,unlike the D Tele,or other papers,we pay for the privilege there) is what lessens that passion.And to ban people without a warning,or demerit system,is very draconian.
Maybe if there was better information available to members regarding injuries,returns from injury,what's happening with the team/club,there wouldn't be the need to vent so much.

Matabele link said:
I don't think it's about the forums per se Cam.  It's about the feeling they have that they have been treated with contempt.  
well done no jibe about the pizzas :)

well if people feel that way they should have the balls to pick up the phone and ring the person concerned not whine and bitch like a school kid if theres enough unhappy people making phone calls it will cos a reaction.

I like this place and for most of 5 or 6 years its been around ive posted here aswell as other places i just dont think its kosher that as soon as people have been banned (rightly or wrongly) from mwse they come over and have their bitch about the club. Dont get me wrong its great that theres more people here but ffs join up and join in in the many interesting discussions but i think its poor form to come here and bitch about the club.

FFS thats ryans and matas job :p

Personally I think the only thing the club has done wrong is not make a hard decision.  They're trying to steer a middle ground that pleases no one.  It stands to reason that they have to censor things that we can get away with here, because it is hard for them to dissavow some of the fan comment on their official site when it hits the press.

But instead of creating a ghost town, they should just close it down. 

ayjay007 link said:
Maybe if there was better information available to members regarding injuries,returns from injury,what's happening with the team/club,there wouldn't be the need to vent so much.
tony i think that all starts and ends with Des and his secret squriel approach, it might not be the best for us but if it makes our side successful im not gonna argue :)

You havent been banned have you zorba probably remembers you from that leeds pub and is scared of ya :)

I follow a lot of teams through various forums, Facebook pages etc.  Arsenal, Vikings, Twins, Marlins, Stormers, Springboks, Blues, Manly etc.  I would have to say Manly is the worst of the lot when it comes to giving the fan a sense of belonging and iside information. 

No one is scared of me,Cam (except that bloke that wanted to take on Russell on leeds).
Mate,I just can't see why someone can't have a criticism of something going on,as long as it's not personal.For example,if I was a footy player(don't burst out laughing) and was playing crap for a few games,why shouldn't a forum poster be able to comment "that Tony's going crap.He's always out of position,cant tackle"etc,etc.That different to saying "that Tony's a prick,and is a bald headed fat so-and-so".I have made comments over there about peoples footy and stuff on the field/decisions made(as I believe is my right).Those that haven't agreed,have argued the point with me(as is their right).I have never had a go at anyone's off field/personal life.As I've said to Aaron,someone who is on more money than I'm ever gonna see,should be able to have a comment made about their professional life.

Cambo, how wrong you are.

I have contacted Peter Peters and am yet to get a response. My email wasn't even focussed on my banning but my overall disappointment with the direction that the forum is heading. I would have thought that the decent thing to do when a paying member contacts an official (both politely and respectfully as I had) that they woul at least respond. Forget the freedom of speech on the official message board and forget the lack of insider information. Forget the reduction if features (such as Q&A with the players). How about the club just returns it's members phone calls and emails? Terrible service really, and I see no long term growth in membership due to the lack of ability this administration is beginning to show.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8