MWSE Forums shut down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180494.msg224768#msg224768 date=1243232390]

We are just over 10,000 hits since 5PM yesterday

Roughly, how much more is that than normal?
[/quote]

It depends on the day some are better than others, and some of the hits my be a result of general news about Manly with Des and the result of last nights game.

It is anywhere up to half as many again. We usually get somewhere around 6000 hits a day when averaged out

Only 2, the Rockers and the Silvertails (formerly known as Alternate Eagles if my memory is correct)

I think I was classed more as a Silvertail, used to cop a pounding on that old site for being over critical, a knocker and not a true supporter. Banned a few times

For many reasons I post on both sites, I have made some very good friends from the people over at MWSE, and yes it's a different feel but nonethe less it's an important forum....as is this one.

I am all for "freedom of speech" but I do think we all have to remember we are (at the end of the day) Manly supporters and as such "family"!!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
For many reasons I post on both sites, I have made some very good friends from the people over at MWSE, and yes it's a different feel but nonethe less it's an important forum....as is this one.

I am all for \"freedom of speech\" but I do think we all have to remember we are (at the end of the day) Manly supporters and as such \"family\"!!!

Mama??

Freedom of speech is not our goal. Freedom of thought is one of them.

Personally when it comes to supporting a football team, everything is opinion when it comes to fans also, so stifling expression of opinion seems ludicrous and might even fuel the very thing some seek to stop through limiting freedom of speech.

Everyone in here is adult enough to be responsible for what they say and for the most part say what they think and only what they would generally say in person.

I rarely have the need to moderate on here, nor do I often have the need to redirect conversations, it seems that everyone is responsible enough to know right from wrong and thus the site flows with few issues

possibly, to be honest the date of our genesis have been forgotten in my turbulent personal past of those 5 years

Surely it must have something to do with Snake fronting up at court again.  Thats why they shut it down last time.

That and the fact there is a Board meeting rapidly approaching.....

Dan link said:
possibly, to be honest the date of our genesis have been forgotten in my turbulent personal past of those 5 years
  Pretty sure it was 15 July 2004.  I remember back then seeing OEE was nearing 5 years and thinking it was a fantastic effort to keep something like that going so long.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180494.msg224815#msg224815 date=1243240571]

Pretty sure it was 15 July 2004.  I remember back then seeing OEE was nearing 5 years and thinking it was a fantastic effort to keep something like that going so long.
[/quote]

Yeah it was.

Here's a couple of your Alternate Eagles Forum History write ups that I pointed out for last years 4th birthday (by the way Mata, we are still waiting for your "Part Three Leviticus, laying down the law.") if any of the new comers or anyone else are interested.

Part I:  http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?topic=69183.0

Part II:  http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?topic=164545.0

Thanks for those links Jethro, knowing a little of the history is interesting. (disturbing but interesting)

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180494.msg224943#msg224943 date=1243251327]

[quote author=Dan link=topic=180494.msg224815#msg224815 date=1243240571]

[/quote]

Yeah it was.

Here's a couple of your Alternate Eagles Forum History write ups that I pointed out for last years 4th birthday (by the way Mata, we are still waiting for your "Part Three Leviticus, laying down the law.") if any of the new comers or anyone else are interested.

Part I:   http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?topic=69183.0

Part II:   http://silvertails.net/silvertails-forums/index.php?topic=164545.0
[/quote]  LOL - I'll see what I can do.

WAMF link said:
I really like this site. It keeps most of the knobs off MWSE  ;D
Some of us knobs (including the multi-talented knobs without knobs) can't afford to pay 50 odd dollars to post on MWSE. Go the Silvertails, especially those one's on beer budgets.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

I am all for \"freedom of speech\" but I do think we all have to remember we are (at the end of the day) Manly supporters and as such \"family\"!!!

I post at the official site, here, Lu and the rockers site. The official site is more strict in terms of what's posted but I suppose they're covering themselves from any legal ramifications.

Basically, I'll talk to anyone who cares to listen.lol

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
that's one dollar a week !!!
That's a charity donation. Starving children. Natural disaster victims. Sex shops going broke due to NRL player & management bans.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2