My first thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone remembers the Graham Eadie Stand sign in the 70's....... That was mine, got stolen in the '78 GF.

favourite game live - manly v melbourne 2011 round 25, 'the battle of brookvale'. the atmosphere that night, even before the fight was electric.
favourite game watched on t.v.- apart from any g.f. wins for me is beavers last game at brookie.
the 1st round of finals v dragons. watching beaver crawl along the ground chasing the ball to score a try is something i'll never forget!

favourite game live - manly v melbourne 2011 round 25, 'the battle of brookvale'. the atmosphere that night, even before the fight was electric.
favourite game watched on t.v.- apart from any g.f. wins for me is beavers last game at brookie.
the 1st round of finals v dragons. watching beaver crawl along the ground chasing the ball to score a try is something i'll never forget!
Yes of course, I was in Melbourne at the time, that game would have to be up there for me too.. May have topped it for me if Stewart put Blair on is arse ;)

Actually, mines a strange one. It was a game against The Chooks at Brooky. We thrashed them.

I remember their coach Anderson 3/4 of the way through the game turning away as he couldnt watch.

That game signed his death warrant.

Braith Anasta was almost in tears after the game.

Actually, mines a strange one. It was a game against The Chooks at Brooky. We thrashed them.

I remember their coach Anderson 3/4 of the way through the game turning away as he couldnt watch.

If I remember correctly we put over 50 on them and Brad Fittler was there coach for there next game

I was there for that game. Great night that was

I was there for that game. Great night that was

Same. Then i went home to watch it again..and again...and again. I can actually verbatim the commentary in it.

I used to record every game on dvd. I have around five years straight of every game without fail.

Same. Then i went home to watch it again..and again...and again. I can actually verbatim the commentary in it.

I used to record every game on dvd. I have around five years straight of every game without fail.
Think we did a similar thing to the roosters the year before or after.
Have a mate who did the same Ryan. You must have a great collection over that amount of time.

One of my favourites too Sean John. Just a great result and to be honest a little unexpected as we limped from the loss to the roosters in the 1st semi and then struggled past the Sharks monsterpack. No one was giving us a chance and at 14 nil down it looked hopeless. Seeing the Souths players on the ground after the game with that look of 'wtf just happened??' Was priceless.

Although the 40 nil must be my no.1. To just demolish the storm like that.....I still struggle to believe it.

56 nil that game! I was there with my father in law who is a massive roosters fan. Every time we scored and eagle rock started playing he aged 10 years. He was so destroyed he wrote an email demanding Anderson be sacked. He still thinks his email did it.

That was the next year, but they sook about that one up here even more.

Which always makes me laugh because they conveniently leave out the 2 on 1 strip where they took the ball off Jorge....then in the ensuing set of six they end up scoring....off I believe a forward pass from JT.

But they were robbed weren't they. Poor Cowgirls.......

If anyone remembers the Graham Eadie Stand sign in the 70's....... That was mine, got stolen in the '78 GF.
Sorry i took it. Do you want it back ?

I'll never ever ever EVER forgive Ray effing Price for kicking Graham E in the face in that semi. Not till the day i die. Evil disgusting appalling c_nt. Dont get me started.

Honour and a privilege to follow this great club. Great memories and top first thread. Nothing beats 40 nil especially after the flogging we copped the previous year when Snake was knocked out at the beginning of the 2nd half with a shoulder charge to the head by Crocker. Only 6 points in it at that time but Snake getting carted off was a game changer. Pittwater Rd was one long party strip after the 2008 redemption. Happy days!

The 40-0 will never be beaten.

But a standout in my books was 1988 against the Squeels.....64-12 after trailing 12-6. Sterlo threw an intercept pass to Cliffy to score under the posts.

The 57 to 6 win at Henson Park against Newtown in 1976 was big, so was the 61-0 against the dragoons.

Funny, cos the first game I went to as a kid was Manly Newtown in 1976 at Brookie, which we won but only narrowly - something like 10-5.

The Sheridan stand was mememorable. I was in the deck at the front of the stand for all our semi's in 1978. Have a clear memory of my father getting hit in the back of the head with a full toilet roll at the Manly - - Wests game. Also remember alan thompson scoring right in front of me in that game, which we weren't expected to win .

The manly supporters sat up the back section of the sheridan and had some great chants - I remember the 'walks on water' one where they went through every member of the team.

Someone asked who the leader of the manly supporters was. I remember there was a guy with a beard and long dark straight hair who seemed to be the main man. Does anyone remember him?

Great days.

As cliche as it is, has to be the 2008 GF. I’d bought tickets to the 2007 game in the first members pre-sale so we were sitting down low near the field surrounded by supporters of other teams who didn’t have a horse in the race and as a result, we just copped it all game. Was terrible. So the 2008 season, not just the GF, was so sweet. That finals run, the Dragons game at home, then that Warriors prelim final at the SFS with the between the legs pass – fantastic and the best version of sexy football I’ve seen. On to the GF, totally different vibe to the previous year but hey it was Melbourne so it wasn’t in the bag at half time, now way. Then the second half and when Kitey scored, I think I finally relaxed and realised this was it. Beavers try… well that whole series from when they showed him on the screen when he was about to come on through to the pirouette… Amazing.

I remember coming home and my neighbours were in their garage which they’ve converted into a neighbourhood kind of speak easy. Big screen on the wall, lounges, beer on tap. They were watching a replay when we got back, I went had a beer with them, lapped it up and headed off to sleep. I got up in the morning and went to take out some rubbish and saw them, still in the garage, watching another replay of the game, still on the piss…

Oh, also 2007 game at Brookie where we pumped the Roosters that lead to Chris Anderson having a heart attack and quitting coaching haha

Was at the 1987 game against Souths at Redfern - it was war on a dustbowl with hits & contact that would make the modern forward hide for cover....Souths jumped out to a lead with 2 tries - Coleman & Mavin - but the Seaeagles hung tough & scored a massive win. The try by a diving Ronnie Gibbs off his own kick was as good as the Gearin GF try & topped off the perfect win - laying the platform to the 87 title
Agree with many of the other games mentioned but add another - the fighback against a Fittler led Roosters at Brookie chasing down a big lead & the winning try to Craig Innes, fending off well renowned cover defender Matt Sing - a legendary moment to win the game....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6