Naming rights for Brookvale Oval - suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The money involved notwithstanding, I am opposed to the whole idea of selling "naming rights" to sports stadiums. The ground's name is part of the club's identity, and some things just SHOULDN'T be for sale IMHO. In any case, whatever they decide to name it, I will never call our ground anything other than "Brookvale Oval" or "Brookie"...

The money involved notwithstanding, I am opposed to the whole idea of selling "naming rights" to sports stadiums. The ground's name is part of the club's identity, and some things just SHOULDN'T be for sale IMHO. In any case, whatever they decide to name it, I will never call our ground anything other than "Brookvale Oval" or "Brookie"...

I hear what you are saying, but the risk with this approach is that the ground would probably end up being known as "Brookvale Oval - the former home of the Manly Sea Eagles".

OK then. 'No Name Stadium'

I hear what you are saying, but the risk with this approach is that the ground would probably end up being known as "Brookvale Oval - the former home of the Manly Sea Eagles".
I did say "the money involved notwithstanding"...meaning I understand the reasoning behind naming rights, but it just sticks in the craw with me for the club to sell part of its identity like that. The ground has always been called "Brookvale Oval" as long as I have been following the game (and I started back in 1970), and I just can't think of it as anything else.

It's like a couple of years ago when the club announced that henceforth the team would be known as the "Kaspersky Sea Eagles". After the inevitable backlash from fans, the club quickly backpedaled (I seem to remember it took about 2 hours :D), but the effect of this rebranding - had it happened - would have been to cheapen the club in the eyes of many people. The same goes for selling the naming rights to our stadium...and I hardly think the club will go broke if they don't do it.

it will still be brookie oval, it will just be announced as something different every few years as sponsors come and go.

it will still be brookie oval, it will just be announced as something different every few years as sponsors come and go.

Kind of like Endeavour Field is Caltex Ronson Toyota LG Remondis Stadium.
Did I miss any?
Most call it Shark Park anyway.

So "Brookie'' it is.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7