Naming rights for Brookvale Oval - suggestions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Channel 9 Stadium.

The Ponies can kiss their monopoly on Friday nights goodbye.

Regardless, there's no chance the new name will be anything nearly as stupid as 1300 Smiles Stadium. Dumbest name ever.

Brookie will always be known as Brookie or The Fortress among the fans, regardless of it's 'official' name. I have no problems selling the naming rights if it brings in a decent wad of cash. For me, it doesn't cheapen the club anymore than having a sponsors logo on the jersey. If it came down to either playing out of CoCo Joy stadium, or having a hideous green blob on the front of the jersey, I know which I'd prefer.

URM Stadium for me (Come on Johnsons it would be great)
That way any team coming to play at URM Stadium would know they were going to be trashed and it would fit with the other clubs', NRL's and Media view that the ground is rubbish!

For me, it doesn't cheapen the club anymore than having a sponsors logo on the jersey...
To be honest, I have always thought that cheapens the club too. I recognise the financial need for jersey sponsorship (or, to describe it more accurately, advertising), but from a personal point of view, I don't like it at at all. Apart from the dubious morality of a club selling its identity like that, aesthetically football jerseys definitely look better without tacky sponsors' logos plastered all over them. I remember the pre-sponsorship era, and much prefer the look of unsponsored jerseys any day...

Last edited:
To be honest, I have always thought that cheapens the club too. I recognise the financial need for jersey sponsorship (or, to describe it more accurately, advertising), but from a personal point of view, I don't like it at at all. Apart from the dubious morality of a club selling its identity like that, aesthetically football jerseys definitely look better without tacky sponsors' logos plastered all over them. I remember the pre-sponsorship era, and much prefer the look of unsponsored jerseys any day...
I don't mind sponsorship on jerseys if it is done sympathetically and doesn't detract from the feel of the jersey. Historically we've had some pretty simple sponsors that didn't look too bad - Pioneer, Wormald, P&O, even the white Kaspersky on maroon looked OK in my opinion. We've had some bad ones though, PEPSI, Delmege, Quantam, but the green blob is the worst..

I don't understand why they don't make the effort to try and design the logo into the jersey so that it complements the look. The whole "take corporate logo and plaster on front of jersey" is so lazy and underwhelming. Design these days is so easy in the digital age, but no one wants to make the effort. Its' not just Manly, there are some horror shows from other clubs as well - i think the worst was the Bulldogs Camp Quality one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4