Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I rated him highly a few years ago. Had no thought of self preservation. Played up tempo and led the line speed at parra. But unfortunately his body isn't up to it anymore.

Brown is 3 years past his best.. he was the difference for the eels making the GF..but that was then this is now.. and Corey Waddell..seriously..get AFB back..haha

Must be on a one year deal then, maybe go all out for a big fwd signing in 25 as non available for next season.

As posted elsewhere:

Sea Eagles chasing former Blues forward

By Adrian Proszenko

October 24, 2023 — 3.57pm

Former NSW prop Nathan Brown is in talks to become Manly’s next high-profile recruit.​

Having already signed Wests Tigers trio Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau and Aitasi James, as well as Roosters three-quarter Jaxson Paulo, the Sea Eagles are looking for further reinforcements. They have just signed Canterbury utility forward Corey Waddell and have opened negotiations with Brown.

The former Tigers, Rabbitohs, Eels and Roosters forward is off contract after completing a short stint at Bondi Junction. Brown and his manager met Manly coach Anthony Seibold on Tuesday about the prospect of a shift to the northern beaches.

Brown played in the 2022 grand final with Parramatta and made two appearances for the Blues during the 2020 State of Origin series. The 30-year-old has also represented Italy, the Prime Minister’s XIII and the Australian nines side.

In his first year at the Eels in 2017, Brown won the Ken Thornett Medal as the club’s best player. However, they allowed him to move on shortly after signing his last contract extension, a move that led to him playing 10 games for the Roosters last year.

Should a Manly deal be struck, Brown will join a forward pack that already includes Jake Trbojevic, Haumole Olakau’atu, Taniela Paseka, Josh Aloiai and Gordon Chan Kum Tong.
Nathan Brown’s form at Parramatta earned him a Blues call-up in 2020.

Nathan Brown’s form at Parramatta earned him a Blues call-up in 2020.CREDIT: GETTY

The club has salary cap space after several players – including Sean Keppie (Souths), Kelma Tuilagi (Eels) and Kaeo Weekes (Raiders) – joined rivals over the summer. The departure of the Fainu brothers, Samuela and Latu, to Wests Tigers has also given the Sea Eagles the means to bolster their depth.

In a club statement, Seibold welcomed the return of Waddell, who made 36 appearances during his first stint at Manly.

“Corey brings to us plenty of experience. He has got really strong relationships with many of the players here already,” Seibold said.

“The thing that interested me in Corey is his work ethic. He is a very hard worker. He adds a different sort of dimension to the middle forwards that we have already got.

“We feel like Corey adds further competition for spots and depth to our squad in 2024.”

Brown aside, Manly’s next priority is preparing for their historic season opener in Las Vegas. Seibold is looking over several grass-based training pitches near the city that will be suitable in the lead-up to the event. The club also plans to hold a camp at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra in January as part of its preparations.

Bugger you lot. I love the idea of Brown at MAN. At the outset. Yes he's slowing down. Am I concerned how many games he'd play? Sure.

But he has what our group lack. That's fight. It's a bit of CU Next Thursday in the parking lot prick. Its experienced campaigner that won't get a tight spincter and big eyes during the grind.

Love the idea of playing him as a small prop forward off the bench in short stints. Lock pushing Jake to prop.

All of sudden with Brown and Lodge. I think it takes some pressure off Jake, AOA. I see them being better because of some experienced pricks standing next to them.

But to truely take advantage of what adding those slowing harder heads in the middle does. We need to add extra speed into and around that pack.

I'm 🙏ING we keep Lawton as a running and ball playing forward. That was missing last year.

If we ain't getting Curran we need our lawman.

Bull has the leg speed at prop or lock.

We need one more middle option with some toe. I don't see Waddell as a middle myself

Just like a Joey G or a Kennedy. Sometimes you've got to take a risk, neither was in there prime.

Bugger you lot. I love the idea of Brown at MAN. At the outset. Yes he's slowing down. Am I concerned how many games he'd play? Sure.

But he has what our group lack. That's fight. It's a bit of CU Next Thursday in the parking lot prick. Its experienced campaigner that won't get a tight spincter and big eyes during the grind.

Love the idea of playing him as a small prop forward off the bench in short stints. Lock pushing Jake to prop.

All of sudden with Brown and Lodge. I think it takes some pressure off Jake, AOA. I see them being better because of some experienced pricks standing next to them.

But to truely take advantage of what adding those slowing harder heads in the middle does. We need to add extra speed into and around that pack.

I'm 🙏ING we keep Lawton as a running and ball playing forward. That was missing last year.

We need one more middle option with some toe. I don't see Waddell as a middle myself

Just like a Joey G or a Kennedy. Sometimes you've got to take a risk, neither was in there prime.
Brown has a history of injury problems with long stints on the sidelines. Didn't Lawton get told to move on? Swapping one injury prone player for another.

Brown is 3 years past his best.. he was the difference for the eels making the GF..but that was then this is now.. and Corey Waddell..seriously..get AFB back..haha
I don’t think he was the difference in them making the grand final given he didn’t play for nearly three months prior.

I suppose he will be used as depth and good balance in our young forward park of paseka, olaka'ata, schuster, james and navale. Most of you say Manly need a more aggressive forward and Brown can perfectly fit that role. He will only play if there is a couple of injuries and used as an impact forward. Wouldn't play him in starting team as too many errors in his game but good depth and toughness he will bring.
Manly had 3 problems last year which we are looking to have solutions for already
Tom being injured meaning lack of attacking threat - solution koula at fullback
Josh Schuster - Ben turbo as depth and now waddle as extra depth if that goes wrong
Lack of depth in mongrel middle forwards - Potential signing of Brown and lodge

the person you are looking for is connor watson as a ball playing 13 with leg speed in the middle. have him coming off the bench after 20 mins for a prop and he plays lock and jake front row. He can play the Dylan Walker role in the middle of the field. He currently has no contract for 2024 and shouldn't be asking for much in a contract.

Hope you’re right but fear you’re not… he was good at Parra but dead ordinary and made no impact in the games I saw him play with rorters (mind you I avoid Rorters games like the plague so maybe I missed his highlights??)

Gawwd FMD are there any more "bargain basement" "minimum value" "depth" unwanted-by-any-other-club no-hopers on the float that we can offer a Last Chance Saloon to? I expect we are supposed to interpret this flurry of Cover Your Eyes signings as further proof that we are enjoying a Premiership Window. I Don't Think So. FMD.
At this rate we will be going after Rugby's Shute shield players.

For all of you that said Brown and Wadell are just depth.

I present exhibit A Sharon Woods -who many said the same about.

And he seemed to play a LOT of games for being just a depth player.

FMD For every good move Manly makes this offseason they follow up with a complete headscratcher.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10